• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Saleen Tour Is On! Saturday March 27th

Unfortunately, the CHP officer did actually ticket me...first time in my NSX, second in my entire life. He wrote me up for 75 in a 65 zone.

Steve I to wanted to thank you for all your effort. I know this grew to larger then planned; you handled it great and allowed everyone to have a great time. I appreciate it. Gil

akira3d said:
Unfortunately, the CHP officer did actually ticket me...
Sorry to hear about your ticket . . .

Steve: Excellent Event!!!
Once again you've done it!

Eric:
I though you said he pased you at 70 why get ticketed for 75?!?!?
I never heard of anyone getting ticketed within 10 MPH?!?!
Every cop I know (all 4) says fight it! - chances are you'd win.

NSX~Kleine said:
Steve: Excellent Event!!!
Once again you've done it!

Eric:
I though you said he pased you at 70 why get ticketed for 75?!?!?
I never heard of anyone getting ticketed within 10 MPH?!?!
Every cop I know (all 4) says fight it! - chances are you'd win.

heard of friends that got nailed for 2mph over the posted speed. Just all up to the cop's mood...,

though you said he pased you at 70 why get ticketed for 75?!?!?

He said he paced me at 70 when I was stuck in traffic, but that's not why he gave me the ticket. It's because I made a move and momentarily broke away from the traffic. I only did so to get around a slow mover who got on the freeway going less than 50 miles per hour...and I needed to get off at the next exit.

I'm guessing that the cop saw my bright red sportscar quickly dart around the slow mover...and that he just assumed by my relative speed that I was going faster than the general flow of traffic (which probably was between 65-70mph at that time).

75mph:confused: what the F*&%????

how lame:mad: that is the average speed on any freeway in So Cal with light traffic...Just show the judge a picture of your car and he'll know why you got popped...It looks fast at a stop light:D

that sucks....

Ticket update: I just got a letter stating I was not guilty and that the court will be refunding the bail amount. I fought this one completely by mail...yea! :D

Now to celebrate a HAPPY 4th of July!!!!

It's called a Trial by Written Declaration. The nice thing about this whole process, at least with the LA Superior Court system, is that you can handle most of the transactions online (pay your bail, request the trial by declaration option, etc). You just have to fill out the forms stating your case, plop it in the mail, and hope that the court finds in your favor. If they don't, you can still request a court trial.

Count me in too, and 2 guest please, I'll fit one in the trunk !

BH

Back