• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Saving a Zanardi’s life

Thank you for taking your time to share pictures of the progress with us. It's very interesting to see this done and looks like a lot of hard work, but I'm sure it is rewarding.
Thanks Again,
Chris

<div class="tenor-gif-embed" data-postid="4881098" data-share-method="host" data-width="100%" data-aspect-ratio="1.5463917525773196"><a href="https://tenor.com/view/not-worthy-waynes-world-bow-praise-gif-4881098">Not Worthy Waynes World GIF</a> from <a href="https://tenor.com/search/notworthy-gifs">Notworthy GIFs</a></div><script type="text/javascript" async src="https://tenor.com/embed.js"></script>

View attachment 151568 NEW factory left side member/apron, shock tower assembly. We will paint this before we weld it in.
When the time comes and I pay off my motor build, I am going to ship you my car for a full respray and body correction....

Thank you for taking your time to share pictures of the progress with us. It's very interesting to see this done and looks like a lot of hard work, but I'm sure it is rewarding.
Thanks Again,
Chris

ha what would you know about rebuilding an nsx

ha what would you know about rebuilding an nsx

Shoot I've taken a few apart and have put them back together, but this is a whole different level. This is reconstruction and Joe obviously has the knowledge, tools, and team to repair this car properly. I find the chassis repair fascinating, but I'm a nerd. I'm jonesing for another nsx project. So, it's nice to live vicariously through these pics right now.

hopefully my inside joke will get newbies to look back on some of your old threads...

Remarkable project. Definitely worthy of a Zanardi or any NSX for that matter. Brings back memory of the project when one of our early NSX friend, an AH tech employee, oversaw the bulding of an NSX out of two badly crashed chassis. I remember riding in the car just before it was driven from LA to Denver for the first (1997) NSXPO. I wonder who owns it now.

I used to be afraid of losing my car by hitting a deer since I drive so much at night.... now I know it will have a good long life ahead of it. Wow this is insane, didn't even think you could recover a car from that state!

I feel very lucky having Joe and Larry B so close to me. I hope that I never need to use Joe's services but it's nice to know that he's close. I'm tempted to take a drive up to Poughkeepsie and take a look for myself.

I would highly recommend you put deer horns in your NSX. I painted mine formula red so you really can't see them unless you look close.

I too am blessed ot live close enough to use Larry B to take care of my NSX. I hope not to need Joe's services but it is great to know he is there!

I've been watching every day for updates.

View attachment 151865

I feel very lucky having Joe and Larry B so close to me. I hope that I never need to use Joe's services but it's nice to know that he's close. I'm tempted to take a drive up to Poughkeepsie and take a look for myself.

C'mon by. I have 4 NSX's here being worked on.

Next week : We weld the new apron in.

Last edited:

I thought you just tied yours around the back,,,

C'mon by. I have 4 NSX's here being worked on.

Thanks Joe. Maybe sometime next week.

I used to be afraid of losing my car by hitting a deer since I drive so much at night.... now I know it will have a good long life ahead of it.
Yeah .. same here .. but have you ever seen anyone run into the back of a semi? If we ever hit a deer, I'm afraid it's going to be similar .. we're just going to take its legs out and then there's going to be several hundred pounds of it landing on the front window and I don't think any amount of body work is going to fix collapsed A-pillars and roof. Like Kenwould's post, I've been using deer whistles mounted in the fascia for years .. don't know if they work but have never hit one yet although I can't count the number of times on two hands that I've been within 20 ft of one.

I've been using deer whistles for years also. Some have been around for years and appear to be well made. Others are cheap and look the part. I remember reading some information at some point, that whistles should make the deer stop and look in your direction. I guess that's great as long as they're not standing right in the lane you're in! If a deer is being chased by another animal or hunter, the whistles probably aren't going to save you.:frown:

I hit a deer years ago and it just skipped right over the windshield then rolled off the car. It tried jumping over the car which was my saving grace. All I needed was a new windshield. It stood up, shook it off, gave me a pissed off look, then ran back into the woods.

Back