• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Saving a Zanardi’s life

I thought the Zanardi’s came with the upgraded abs units rather than the older style I see in the pics?

Don't forget to paint the top of the headlight bucket black. How many left over screws are there going to be? ��

DocL! I haven't seen your cousin in a while. He sold the Mitsubishi Spider VR turbo. That surprised me.

Anyway, I am a ways from doing any final paint of the vehicle and am aware. That color is a semi gloss black. I don't want to test fit and scratch fresh the blackout paint so I do that prior to final assembly. Some of the parts on the apron will come out again when the car goes for the final paint which is in the future. I likely will refresh the other bucket as well when the time comes.
There is hardware and some parts that went MIA on this cars tough recent life and finding these little surprises keeps thing interesting. Weird the things that are missing. I don't think they were pilfered but simply disappeared in it's travels before it arrived in the loving hands of Mitch. He has offered up so much help in that regard. This resurrection would not of happened had it not been for him. That guy has a passion for the NSX and this car.

Someone must of wanted the shift knob and thank goodness the long threaded shift stalk made them quit before they got it completely off. When the car came the shift knob was sticking way up and reminded me of the old Alfa's and how those used to be rather high .

Mitch pulled all the proprietary Zanardi parts like the scuff plate and signature/number emblem and it's a good thing he did.

DocL! I haven't seen your cousin in a while. He sold the Mitsubishi Spider VR turbo. That surprised me.

Anyway, I am a ways from doing any final paint of the vehicle and am aware. That color is a semi gloss black. I don't want to test fit and scratch fresh the blackout paint so I do that prior to final assembly. Some of the parts on the apron will come out again when the car goes for the final paint which is in the future. I likely will refresh the other bucket as well when the time comes...

Yeah, my cousin hasn't been going off road in a while LOL. It surprised me too that he sold his Spyder. But he got good money for it considering he had it for 20+ years.

I was just giving you little ribbing about the black around the headlights. You probably know more about these cars than anyone on this planet currently. You and Mitch are doing this Zanardi a great service.

I was going to wait till the end, but applause for Joe the NSX Body Maestro!

When you say Mitch, are you referring to [MENTION=4477]Meeyatch1[/MENTION] ?
If so, I was wondering where he had disappeared to, lol.

Im not sure their is anyone more qualified in the country to do NSX collision repair than Joe.

Years ago, I had a client get rear ended by an 18 wheeler on his way home in his new NSX. It was back in 2005, the car had about 100 miles on it. Car was blasted, Joe as per usual got the job done.

are you building on spec or for a client?

Joe is on FB....The Horror....

This must be a fortune. Hope the owner had good insurance!

Joe works for a good cannoli and zabaione....or a chocolate covered banana ,,,

Prime rules.....:biggrin:

Our big challenge on this repair is parts. Passenger's air bag is on back order with NO release date. (06780-SL0-A71ZA)
Sheeze.

Meanwhile we are re-assembling what we can.
View attachment 152416

Last edited:
just saw this a week ago on prime:

I have a complete passenger side airbag, including brackets and clean black cover. $325, pick up in Anaheim. 7149148686

looks brand new.

Back