• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Saving a Zanardi’s life

Joe, you're just unbelievable! Glad you took care of my car, now I'm driving no more than 55 mph! LOL!

Frankie

Is the owner of this car doing ok? Looks like it was rolled.

This was the state of the vehicle's affected dimensions prior to correcting. This is how a car should be measured. Items, numbers in red are outside of the correct state. The blue pic with bars is a visual of this. Light blue is left, dark right. The upper one with the vertical blue bars shows the variance from datum.View attachment 151928View attachment 151929

I can't do that in my garage.....:wink:

I can only imagine what we would be seeing if you where a plastic surgeon!!!!:tongue:

I really love all of the detailed progression photos Joe! It's really magnificent that there are people out there who can bring these amazing machines back to life. This is truly an art form and you are clearly a master at it! Can't wait to see the finished product!

View attachment 152007View attachment 152008
Moving along but still waiting on some parts. Acura really needs to make the parts for this car available. There are so many they have just stopped making.

Looks great! Can you please elaborate a little on what parts are no longer made? I'm just curious as to what parts you are missing and what you are doing to source the parts you need. Thanks Joe!

First and foremost, phenomenal work on an ambitious project to save this car. I am sure my next question has been discussed before, but thought I ask again since you have some first hand experience. I am curious what, if any, precautions you had to take to pull, stretch, and align the aluminum frame? How does the alloy react towards the re-shaping? Any signs of brittleness?

Thanks for documenting this project and bringing all of along for your journey.

hahaha que the music...

We need a “like” or “love” button for this forum.

As an aside: this thread is changing my attitude about cars involved in a previous wreck. I just realized that an important question is: “Who rebuilt the car”? Watching this work in progress is simply amazing to someone like me who doesn’t know a lot about the mechanics of cars.

I would like you to document every NSX project!

This is such a great thread!

Ken<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/2179bc79/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/2179bc79/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>

Don't forget to paint the top of the headlight bucket black. How many left over screws are there going to be? &#55357;&#56833;

Back