• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Scam or Not you decide

I'm calling scam.

Pics are small
No description
zero feedback

You can enlarge the pictures enough to read the license plate. How can you be so sure it's a scam?

Scammer doesn't care if you can read the plates, they're not his anyway.

yeah e-mail the guy and you will see hes outta town or the car is in another state, or wire him some money lalala

I e-mailed him but no reply.

and someone that owns an NSX has sold something On e-bay before.
its not like they came out from under a rock from 30 years ago.

and the user name? not Most sellers create an account using something other than just some numbers right?

I say scam.

you can see the license plate right can someone look up the owner and see if it really for sale?

that would be funny.

"sir is your NSX for sale",
"no how do you know I have an NSX".
"well its on e-bay sir". LOL

When seeking to purchase my NSX last year I used ever site know. About 30% on every one is bogus. Be advised. Easy check is ask for more photos and copy of title and photo of vin. JD

I've never sold anything on E-Bay so I wouldn't have a seller history either.

I've never sold anything on E-Bay so I wouldn't have a seller history either.

I'm sure if you did sell something on EBAY, you would have a better description.

I'm sure if you did sell something on EBAY, you would have a better description.

LOL:biggrin: Thanks Joey. I would hope I had a better description as well.

new account...

It's not a new account. He's been registered on E-Bay since Dec. of 2002. Although he may not be very good at E-Bay (not everyone is fluent in "Internet") he does seem to be legit.

You may want to be careful when posting comments such as "fraudulent" and "scam" if you're not absolutely certain. Typically, people with $70k cars can afford lawyers.

I e-mailed him but no reply.

He did reply:

<TABLE style="BORDER-RIGHT: #c4c4c4 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #c4c4c4 1px solid" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class="questionQ questionrowpadding questionrow1bg" style="PADDING-LEFT: 15px" vAlign=top width=15>Q: </TD><TD class="questioncontent questionrowpadding questionrow1bg" width=633>man you must be getting lazy not even a real name? JohnBaptise10 was atleast something to go by. this has scam listing has been reported also thanks for giving me something to do every night you Jerk LOL try selling toyotas. you might make more money. I am on a mission now to stop your listing of fake cars. this Red NSX we know the owner wow you really are dumb huh</TD><TD class="questioncontent questionrowpadding questionrow1bg" style="PADDING-RIGHT: 10px; TEXT-ALIGN: right" width="20%">Jul-24-10</TD></TR><TR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff"><TD class="questionA questionrowpadding" style="PADDING-LEFT: 15px" vAlign=top width=15>A: </TD><TD class="questioncontent questionrowpadding">I have no idea what you are asking. Is there an actual question in there?</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

He did reply:

<TABLE style="BORDER-RIGHT: #c4c4c4 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #c4c4c4 1px solid" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class="questionQ questionrowpadding questionrow1bg" style="PADDING-LEFT: 15px" vAlign=top width=15>Q: </TD><TD class="questioncontent questionrowpadding questionrow1bg" width=633>man you must be getting lazy not even a real name? JohnBaptise10 was atleast something to go by. this has scam listing has been reported also thanks for giving me something to do every night you Jerk LOL try selling toyotas. you might make more money. I am on a mission now to stop your listing of fake cars. this Red NSX we know the owner wow you really are dumb huh</TD><TD class="questioncontent questionrowpadding questionrow1bg" style="PADDING-RIGHT: 10px; TEXT-ALIGN: right" width="20%">Jul-24-10</TD></TR><TR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff"><TD class="questionA questionrowpadding" style="PADDING-LEFT: 15px" vAlign=top width=15>A: </TD><TD class="questioncontent questionrowpadding">I have no idea what you are asking. Is there an actual question in there?</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Why are you so sure this is a scam? So you know the real owner?

Here is the vehicle history report. Car apparently has had one owner and spent it's whole life in/near SouthLake, TX, the actual location of the EBay seller:

Report Run Date 2010-07-25 10:51:47.106 EDT
Vehicle: 2005 Acura NSX (JH4NA21695S000073)
<TABLE class="report listing" id=full-history-list><TBODY><TR><TH>Event date</TH><TH>Location</TH><TH>Odometer reading</TH><TH>Data Source</TH><TH>Details</TH></TR><TR><TD>05/26/2005 </TD><TD>IRVING, TX </TD><TD>
</TD><TD>Motor Vehicle Dept. </TD><TD>REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL </TD></TR><TR><TD>06/20/2005 </TD><TD>IRVING, TX </TD><TD>200
</TD><TD>Motor Vehicle Dept. </TD><TD>TITLE (Title #:05753138507092723) </TD></TR><TR><TD>05/01/2006 </TD><TD>IRVING, TX </TD><TD>
</TD><TD>Motor Vehicle Dept. </TD><TD>REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL </TD></TR><TR><TD>05/01/2007 </TD><TD>IRVING, TX </TD><TD>
</TD><TD>Motor Vehicle Dept. </TD><TD>REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL </TD></TR><TR><TD>12/20/2007 </TD><TD>IRVING, TX </TD><TD>20,600
</TD><TD>State Agency </TD><TD>PASSED EMISSION INSPECTION
PASSED SAFETY INSPECTION </TD></TR><TR><TD>05/01/2008 </TD><TD>IRVING, TX </TD><TD>
</TD><TD>Motor Vehicle Dept. </TD><TD>REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL </TD></TR><TR><TD>02/19/2009 </TD><TD>IRVING, TX </TD><TD>33,379
</TD><TD>Independent Emission Source </TD><TD>PASSED EMISSION INSPECTION
PASSED SAFETY INSPECTION </TD></TR><TR><TD>05/01/2009 </TD><TD>IRVING, TX </TD><TD>
</TD><TD>Motor Vehicle Dept. </TD><TD>REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL </TD></TR><TR><TD>04/10/2010 </TD><TD>SOUTHLAKE, TX </TD><TD>38,331
</TD><TD>Independent Emission Source </TD><TD>PASSED EMISSION INSPECTION
PASSED SAFETY INSPECTION </TD></TR><TR><TD>05/01/2010 </TD><TD>IRVING, TX </TD><TD>
</TD><TD>Motor Vehicle Dept. </TD><TD>REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

"Report Run Date 2010-07-25 10:51:47.106 EDT
Vehicle: 2005 Acura NSX (JH4NA21695S000073) "

Last edited:
"Report Run Date 2010-07-25 10:51:47.106 EDT
Vehicle: 2005 Acura NSX (JH4NA21695S000073) "

copy and paste then edit? nice

what are you doing going to go thru all my posts and place comments how petty

What the heck are you talking about? Edit what? I clicked on the "Vehicle Report" in the auction and copied straight from there. What edit??? :confused:

No need to apologize to me, but I think you are doing the seller a great disservice by slamming his vehicle here before knowing all the facts. Again, the NSX community is very small. Any hint of wrong-doing will spread like wildfire and ultimately affect a vehicles resale value. You should delete this thread until you have confirmed facts.

pics are so small even if it was your car you couldnt tell

:confused: License plate looks pretty clear to me.

!Bycm,DQ!mk~$(KGrHqJ,!hgEw5L-toc!BMR)0ctl0!~~_1.JPG

read the 5 post down from the top by MKNMOVES

Yes, so? Does MKNMOVES know the "real" seller/car?

You have produced ZERO evidence, other than your own speculation, this car/auction is fraudulent. I have e-mailed the seller a link to this thread. Hopefully he will chime in and remove all suspicion (not that he should have to).

A scammer would not put in a reserve price. The seller put in this reserve to prevent anyone from getting this car cheap. His "buy it now" price is a bit high but still reasonable.

Back