• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Scammers, Paypal dispute, anyone an expert in this field..?

Ok so I guess it has come down to this. I recently found a Carbon Fiber wing on craigslist in the LA craigslist area. Looks cool and legit. I send him PayPal $260.00 to have it shipped here. It's been over a week and I basically get the same excuse. Like he forgot to ship it, brought it to the Post Office and the wing was too big, cant find a box, working overtime, etc. etc. I mean these are Scammer stories you hear all the time via various forums, but what do you know, I'm now the latest victim. :frown: So now apparently the guy is not even responding back.

Besides going thru the PayPal dispute what else can be resolved? Can my bank do a charge back? I've contacted PayPal and they basically told me that they will attempt to call him, but because it's outside of "EBay’s Transaction" they can't really do anything but go thru their dispute process, and it doesn't guarantee my refund either. That's crazy.

I mean I could careless of loosing the $260, but it's all about the moral and principles that if money is received for a product you advertised for, it's in good faith that you ship that advertise product to the buyer..

- Just pissed me off knowing there are still people like that out there. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

Re: **Scammers, Paypal dispute, anyone an expert in this field..?**

-Out of my 10 years of using Paypal I've never have to go thru paypal dispute before.

I usually only buy parts off of forums and from individuals with reputation. This purchased was off a Craigslist AD, and I did not get any of his info except cell# and email address. I mean I can have this info researched by our Special Investigator department here at work and get all his info for smalls claims, but is it worth going that far? :confused:

-Maybe if Judge Judy accepts this case.
<!-- / message -->

Re: **Scammers, Paypal dispute, anyone an expert in this field..?**

basically, yes, your bank can do a chargeback, but paypal will be pissed and you will likely lose your paypal account.

i hope you started the dispute right away though, as it freezes the funds... if you did not, he might have emptied his account and there is basically no way paypal can ever get money from him. even if they decide in your favor and issue a refund, you may never get it if no funds exist.

yeah if you have ny money in the paypal account transfer it out to your bank account then do a chargeback if the freeze your account you already got your money out so F-em

start a new Paypal account with new info and a different credit card and your good.

Stick with the dispute process and be patient. It may not be quick, but I've always received a refund when the seller hasn't come through; that's the whole point of paypal, regardless of the use of ebay in the transaction. Unfortunately I've done enough transactions that several have been bad over the years.

Back