• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

ScienceofSpeed NSX get together at NSXModified (Huntington Beach, CA - this Sunday)

Originally posted by 5inchfatlip:
Mr. TL-S howcome you didnt get an earlier 91-92 for the same as your TL??
wink.gif

hehe....that's a easy one sir! My mommy said "heck no"
frown.gif
when I was shopping for the TL-S...there was a white 91 there...she didn't like the car at all. and the price..then i told her the year..haha..she flipped. I'm aiming for next year to get a pristine NSX..
biggrin.gif

I'm still not sure if I can make it.

I'll keep watching the forum when you guys think of a meeting place and I'll see if I can make it.

I'll either show up in the NSX or the Accord.

(Monte Carlo Blue NSX and Charcoal Gray Accord)

I do have a club radio... hopefully I'll remember to bring it!
smile.gif

Originally posted by Roadrunner:
And what happened?? East coast wants to know!

chris (baschboost supercharger) vs. alex (gruppe m supercharger)

chris and another passenger in baschboost.
alex and larry in gruppe m.

outcome = gruppe m with fat larry wins by over 2 1/2 car lengths in a drag race....

Originally posted by primetime_vtec:
chris (baschboost supercharger) vs. alex (gruppe m supercharger)

chris and another passenger in baschboost.
alex and larry in gruppe m.

outcome = gruppe m with fat larry wins by over 2 1/2 car lengths in a drag race....

The question now is, what would the outcome have been against a little Ditka?

The facts:

BBSC: 2750 lbs. (last time I heard)
short gears, NSX-R R&P (I believe)
a built engine with low
compression forged pistons (wow)
who knows what else

GMSC: 2900 lbs.
short gears, NSX-R R&P
stock block
low on boost (only producing 4.5 lbs of
boost, normally 6-7 lbs)
300 lb. tomato in the passenger seat

Place: Doug's private drag strip in
Huntington Beach ;-)

How it happened: Running start in first gear
He was counting down
He got the jump
But I still walked away from him in
first, second and third gears.

Disclaimers:

1. I didn't instigate this. I was just giving Larry a test ride, and before I knew it, he was right behind me.

2. I don't normally do this mind of thing.

3. Don't try this at home, unless you are sure to win <g>.

4. The best one thus far, said by an officer who pulled up beside us AFTER all this happened: "Resist the urge, it can get very expensive."

My turn to be a little "fluffy..." oops, better shut up or I might get this thread deleted... ;-)

Yeah lemme say . . . ! the Basch car lit out of the driveway BIG . . then the GruppeM car followed REAL BIG! Loud with a posi-set layed on the street! (I think it was Alex who left the set) Then Cory lit out last with his NOS bottle on . . all we hear from the shop\driveway was the motors winding out . .

My car has the first 3.2T "Larry-Turbo" , its really neat & fast, it was only there for show though! (I had my new dreamgirl with me, I wasn't about racing anyway) but there was lots of new faces & LOTS of fancy & customized cars to look at, I would guess about 35+ , and also the 2 beauties of Doug & Wayne (355 & Modena) .

So anyway, it was a kool thing to do on a Sunday afternoon. It was quasi-Baywatch weather, purrrfect California sunshine with a light crisp breeze!

We had a great time at NSXModified, I was glad to see everyone show up!

I had a newly built engine with low compression pistons being built for a high boost kit. I wouldn't read to far into the posts above as I was short shifting at 6500 to break in the engine. The following day, the car dynoed 370 at the wheels with the low boost pulley and low compression pistons. More power to come
wink.gif

Cheers,
-- Chris

[This message has been edited by ScienceofSpeed (edited 23 April 2002).]

Originally posted by GruppeMUSA:

[This message has been edited by GruppeMUSA (edited 23 April 2002).]

370whp on the dyno @ 6500 max! WOW! Thats impressive! Then Alex's car must be putting down a TON of power.

[This message has been edited by 4g62bt2c30a (edited 23 April 2002).]

What an event! Special thanks to Science of Speed and NSX Modified for hosting the get together. It's always nice to see a full spectrum of NSXs.

"Resist the urge, it can get very expensive."

Must... resist... the... urge... We need help
smile.gif

Speed Safely,

Factor X Motorsports

[This message has been edited by Factor X Motorsports (edited 23 April 2002).]

thank you Cory for the ride in your car. Your car running NA is awesome. It makes my NSX feel so tame in comparison. and when the car squeezed NOS it was even more incredible!

Im curious, theoretically, if we were with alex and Chris in their little race, how do you think we would have done? (I havent been in many NSXs, and yours was the fastest to date)

I have to say it was fun driving around behind you guys in my explorer. (I had to leave the nsx at home, becuase I had just come from the airport) It was fun to watch the faces of everyone as you guys lined up. I was sooo jealous I didnt have mine there. I especially loved it when everyone lined up in 2 rows and started reving their engines a bit. It looked like a starting grid.

I had to bail on dinner, but I hope to see you all at the next meet. hopefully Ill get to ride shotgun in a supercharged and turbo NSX.

On a final note. I have always dreamed of owning a Ferrari and Lamborghini. But after going to that meet, and seeing and hearing those modified NSXs I have a renewed appreciation for them. My desire for the 355 and the 360 are now gone. I just want to tinker with my NSX now. Thank you all for that!- I can now spend the money I am saving on other things. (LOL) Oh.. the Lamborghini dream is still there though!
wink.gif

Originally posted by ERicincal:
thank you Cory for the ride in your car. Your car running NA is awesome. It makes my NSX feel so tame in comparison. and when the car squeezed NOS it was even more incredible!

Im curious, theoretically, if we were with alex and Chris in their little race, how do you think we would have done? (I havent been in many NSXs, and yours was the fastest to date)
wink.gif

Thank you for the kind words.... It's nice to see that my (and larry's)effort have paid off.... As far as the race? I don't know I think I will have to hit up alex the next time I see him.....On second thought, NO, we would have kicked there ass.....
biggrin.gif
Im glad you enjoyed it...let me know when you want to let loose on your car I would be more than happy to help put it together.

Corey

Originally posted by ERicincal:
On a final note. I have always dreamed of owning a Ferrari and Lamborghini. But after going to that meet, and seeing and hearing those modified NSXs I have a renewed appreciation for them. My desire for the 355 and the 360 are now gone. I just want to tinker with my NSX now. Thank you all for that!- I can now spend the money I am saving on other things. (LOL) Oh.. the Lamborghini dream is still there though!
wink.gif

I hear ya. Everytime I attend an NSX meet, I come back loving my car even more.

Originally posted by ilya:
Anyone driving down from Los Angeles?

I'll would like to drive down there witn my 99 Kaiser =) Didn't realize it expired.

[This message has been edited by Si (edited 10 May 2002).]

That's a turbo built by Larry of NSX Modified.

Originally posted by THEPOGNSXTC:
EricC...

What kind of supercharger is on the black nsx with all the chrome pipes, in those pics(nsx20.jpg)? Thats tight!!

Thanks

Back