• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

ScienceofSpeed Trunk Lid Struts introduced - free shipping for May!

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87740

We're excited to release our new ScienceofSpeed Trunk Lid Struts.

These new trunk struts are direct replacements for the factory trunk struts. We manufacture our struts from custom USA built full stainless steel gas springs used in aerospace applications. Custom rod ends specific to the unique NSX application have also been manufactured to allow the gas springs to be fitted with out any modification to the car. We include new ball studs with our gas springs for ease of install. Installation is simple and should take less than 10 minutes per side. Trunk Strut Kits begin shipping this Monday.

For the month of May, we are offering free shipping and an introductory price listed online (free shipping good for customers in the lower 48 states - international, Hawaii, Alaska, customers will recieve a discount on their shipping). This special expires May 31st and the price will unfortunately be increasing after this first batch due to increased cost in materials. We are also offering free shipping on the hatch strut kits. Both these products can be purchased online or over the phone.

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/produ...nce_products/NSX/ScienceofSpeed/trunk_struts/

struts_600.jpg

strutinstalled_600.jpg

Cheers,
-- Chris

I'm waiting for the morning so I can give you guys a call to place my order!

I've been loooong waiting for this part from you guys! I'll also get the engine hatch strut! woohoo!

Jimmy

Awesome... I've been waiting on these. I'm tired of holding my trunk up with my bald head:biggrin:

Chris,
Does your site take Paypal? I didn't get a chance to call today but kinda prefer to you that payment method.
Thanks,

Yes, it does. Click credit card, and it will pass you through.

Cheers,
-- Chris

Thank you for everyone's feedback. We have about 10 sets remaining. We have more sets in production that should be arriving in about 2 weeks. I look forward to everyone's feedback once you have these in your hands.

cheers,
-- Chris

Thank you for everyone's feedback. We have about 10 sets remaining. We have more sets in production that should be arriving in about 2 weeks. I look forward to everyone's feedback once you have these in your hands.

cheers,
-- Chris
Hey Chris -

I tried calling you guys several times today and couldn't get through. I sent an email earlier this afternoon to try that route. Please let me know if you didn't get my order.

Thanks.

Christian

I can't wait to install mine, having the trunk lid drop on me is almost as bad as the CEL from the EMS :D.

Thanks Chris:biggrin:

My Head thanks you. I'll be calling to place my order, assuming there's any left.

Can't wait! I will order very soon. I am looking forward to keeping both my engine and trunk compartment open on it's own! Thanks.

Corey

Hi Chris,
Ordered thru SOS website and paid thru paypal. Pls confirm if my order went thru. Thanks

-Henry

I'm proud to say that my car is the first to have these trunk struts installed. If Chris serialized these I would have #00000000001! It's nice to work 10 minutes from SOS.

These struts work perfect. The stainless piston is much nicer looking than the factory black rubber coated version. The struts have the perfect amount of pressure, so if you want the trunk open ½ or ¾ of the way, it stays there instead of being forced all the way up. Installation took 10 minutes at most. One thing to remember is not to lose the c clips when removing the stock struts - they're irreplaceable!

I can finally get into my trunk without a helmet on!

Last edited:
I just ordered these yesterday along with a oversized throttle body. I had left a note on the paypal order that I didnt want you to ship the TB until you were ready to send out the trunk hatch struts. I would rather just receive them together.

Please let me know if you have the order. It is under Nathan Wimsatt.

Thanks,
Nathan

hi guys --

Thank you for your orders! If you received a confirmation from our website and PayPal, then your order is complete. If you'd like to confirm your order placed on line, feel free to e-mail us or give us a call.

take care,
-- Chris

hi guys --

Thank you for your orders! If you received a confirmation from our website and PayPal, then your order is complete. If you'd like to confirm your order placed on line, feel free to e-mail us or give us a call.

take care,
-- Chris

Chris,

I didn't recieve an email confirmation or anything but I placed the order via Phone Call with Jeff. But just wanted to make sure you got my order in.

Thanks!

Jimmy Vuong

Just placed my order!

This would have come in handy last night when I was messing with the power antenna. I recall saying "that's it I have to get some damn struts asap!" and then you post.... good timing! :cool:

Back