• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

SEARS + Laguna Seca in a week

HDA

Experienced Member
Hello Californians, in the next 6 months I want to drive my NSX to California, track it on the 2 tracks above and drive it back to Texas.

I have about 10 days to do the whole deal, and ideally I would like to track also during weekdays but I am not aware if there are any organizations doing that.

From what I see I found that on August 1st there is a trackday in Laguna Seca organized by the Norther California Racing Club (any feedback on this group?) and on the 2nd there is an event of Simraceway driving school at SEARS (any feedback on this group?).

I need your help / experience to understand what are the other organizations in the areas and what would be my best bet to achieve my target above.

It will be 3/4 of us with NSX, S2000, Miata (of course) and something else. We may or may not have a support car for the trip.

Thanks for any input you may have, just looking for dates and names of trackday organizers here! :)

Andrea

The larger organizations that host trackdays in Norcal are are SpeedSF, NCRC, trackmasters and HOD. I would also check out motorsportreg.com which consolidates a lot of track days into one site (but not all groups use them).
Warning - August is very busy at Laguna because of Monterey car week but it might be good opportunity to check it out if you've never been.

The larger organizations that host trackdays in Norcal are are SpeedSF, NCRC, trackmasters and HOD. I would also check out motorsportreg.com which consolidates a lot of track days into one site (but not all groups use them).
Warning - August is very busy at Laguna because of Monterey car week but it might be good opportunity to check it out if you've never been.

Thanks!
I just bought a flight for the Monterey Reunion race of August.

I have been to Laguna before, albeit as a tourist.

I will check out those organizations.
Is there a group of primers that posts when they go to the track? Is everything on Facebook? Would be great to pick the same weekend as the one with other NSXs.

found it with hooked on drivingSonoma Raceway, Thursday November 3 - Registration Fee: $359.00Mazda Raceway, Tuesday November 8 - Registration Fee: $359.00 - $409.00

found it with hooked on drivingSonoma Raceway, Thursday November 3 - Registration Fee: $359.00Mazda Raceway, Tuesday November 8 - Registration Fee: $359.00 - $409.00

Excellent. HOD is a great choice, very well run days and will keep you and your car safe.

In November I might be concerned about rain at Laguna - if you're okay with that, happy driving!

NCRC is pretty organized and I would recommend them. They have a three strikes off track and you are done for the day rule. Which I think is good to help make the event safer by having people driving within their limits. I just drove at MRLS earlier this month for the first time and it was awesome. Enjoy.

Excellent. HOD is a great choice, very well run days and will keep you and your car safe.

In November I might be concerned about rain at Laguna - if you're okay with that, happy driving!

I totally did not think about the rain factor...

There is the chance that I will be doing the trip alone, better learn on how to stack up the 17/18 setup in the NSX! Would not want to track wet laguna on Federal RS-R tires

Back