• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Sears Point/Sonoma Raceway June 6th 2015

Just be happy that you did not have to spend a session or two cleaning your passenger seat and dash, that is no fun. I always tell a passenger, if you think you feel sick, or might get sick, or thought for a second you would get sick just tap my hand and I will drop down to a nice sunday drive speed and drop you in the pits.

Dave
LOL, I have given the same speech to every passenger of mine for over 30yrs.

"You are not in control, you are a passenger, if you don't trust me, then get out now. You have 0 control over the events about to take place. If you have a problem with that, then get out now. While we are on track, if for any reason, you find yourself in distress, tap my right leg and wait for me to make eye contact with you. Do not flail about the cockpit or do anything to distract me from my focus or you will be putting both our lives in jeopardy. I will pull into the hot pit area and you are to vacate the vehicle in a safe and timely manor, re-buckling the harness behind you. If you have a problem with any of this, then get out now or forever hold your peace".

In 1988, I gave my father this speech when I took him for a ride at Riverside International Raceway in my 400whp 2000lb. 911RSR with 13in. Goodyear racing slicks. My father was a decorated fighter pilot in Korea and flew F-86's, F-100's and F-102's for the USAF. When I was a kid, for fun, he used to sneak me into the back seat of T-38 supersonic jet trainers and scare the puke out of me. He lasted 1/2 lap before I got the tap on my leg. I ignored him for 3 more agonizing laps while I clicked off some hot laps. When I finally pulled into the pits, it took three of us to help him out of the car. Payback's a Bitch...

T-38 rides?

LOL, I have given the same speech to every passenger of mine for over 30yrs.

"You are not in control, you are a passenger, if you don't trust me, then get out now. You have 0 control over the events about to take place. If you have a problem with that, then get out now. While we are on track, if for any reason, you find yourself in distress, tap my right leg and wait for me to make eye contact with you. Do not flail about the cockpit or do anything to distract me from my focus or you will be putting both our lives in jeopardy. I will pull into the hot pit area and you are to vacate the vehicle in a safe and timely manor, re-buckling the harness behind you. If you have a problem with any of this, then get out now or forever hold your peace".

In 1988, I gave my father this speech when I took him for a ride at Riverside International Raceway in my 400whp 2000lb. 911RSR with 13in. Goodyear racing slicks. My father was a decorated fighter pilot in Korea and flew F-86's, F-100's and F-102's for the USAF. When I was a kid, for fun, he used to sneak me into the back seat of T-38 supersonic jet trainers and scare the puke out of me. He lasted 1/2 lap before I got the tap on my leg. I ignored him for 3 more agonizing laps while I clicked off some hot laps. When I finally pulled into the pits, it took three of us to help him out of the car. Payback's a Bitch...

Super recollection! But man, you know how many guys would give their manhood for rides in a T-38? Call me k-r-a-z-y if you wish! :wink:

Super recollection! But man, you know how many guys would give their manhood for rides in a T-38? Call me k-r-a-z-y if you wish! :wink:
I've got pictures of looking down at the tops of trees while we're inverted on the deck at 500 mph... It was my father's way of hardening me up for life's coming attractions. He called it "The Dollar Ride", which was what all USAF flight cadets get put through. Feed them a big breakfast, strap them into the back seat of a T-38, start your stop watch and see how fast he can get them to toss their cookies. Repeat this exercise and look for better results each time. If the cadet does not show improvement after each "dollar ride" then after the 3rd flight they are washed out of flight school. Good times!:rolleyes:

Back