• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

seeking dealer at MSRP...new nsx

I am new to forum and am putting feelers out there for a dealer that is willing to sell the new NSX at msrp..I am fortunate and have yet to deal with "market" adjustments on any of my "first run purchases"....I owned a '91 and want to be an owner of the second generation..I am prepared to place deposit ...Just putting it out there....If anyone can help with a dealer contact ( anywhere in the USA )it would be greatly appreciated..Thanks

Last edited:
Give it a year, you'll be able to get it at 500 bucks over invoice.

It might be too late to get on the wait list with a deposit for the 2015 model year.
According to Ted Klaus, the NSX project leader, initial volumes are going to be low.
I suspect most dealers have more deposits on file now than they will get in car allocation.

Perhaps BD is right and the model year 2016 will be readily available.
Also a possibility is that Honda is going to match supply to demand to maintain exclusivity.

From what I understand, they have a brand new facility dedicated to build this car and I suspect the chassis assembly process will be similar to the original NSX. In fact, I think they're tweaking the original chassis to save money. Also the convertible version will be made, which means it will arrive by 2016 or 17.

You'll be fine on getting it at a discount unless you want to be one of the first to own one.

I'm going to wait. You never know if there are bugs needs to be worked out and improvement after two years.

My 2012 CRZ came with a 122hp combined motor, the 2013 have 130 simply because the battery technology got better.

From what I understand, they have a brand new facility dedicated to build this car and I suspect the chassis assembly process will be similar to the original NSX. In fact, I think they're tweaking the original chassis to save money. Also the convertible version will be made, which means it will arrive by 2016 or 17.

You'll be fine on getting it at a discount unless you want to be one of the first to own one.

I'm going to wait. You never know if there are bugs needs to be worked out and improvement after two years.

My 2012 CRZ came with a 122hp combined motor, the 2013 have 130 simply because the battery technology got better.

Right on the money Vance! Dudes trying to be first will get raped. I'm waiting for the vert and will wait till it's in it's second year of production.

Jim, I contacted several local dealers, one being the the largest in New England, and not a single one was willing to take my deposit. Only my name for a list.. Which I'm at the top of. So I'm not sure what you mean by "dealers have more deposits now than cars allocated".

Jim, I contacted several local dealers, one being the the largest in New England, and not a single one was willing to take my deposit. Only my name for a list.. Which I'm at the top of. So I'm not sure what you mean by "dealers have more deposits now than cars allocated".

Dave
I'm guessing Honda hasn't issued a directive to their dealers so there is inconsistency on the deposit issue.
My dealer here has my deposit, and I have a contract at MSRP. I know the dealership has 5 more deposits as well.

Perhaps I should have said that I suspect most dealers have deposits and/or wait lists in excess of their supply of MY 2015 NSX's.

I'm lead to believe the MY 2015 NSX supply will be tight with as few as 2 per dealership.
With about 270 dealers that would be 550-600 NSX's for 2015.
No idea if that is true but it sounds like Honda may have learned from overproducing on the first NSX launch, that keeping the car supply tight is very important to maintain value and exclusivity.

Last edited:
Jim you are in Canada. It's diferent in the U.S.

Jim you are in Canada. It's diferent in the U.S.

Do you think in the US there are dealers with no wait lists?
Perhaps the OP can get first on a list somewhere after all.
Are you expecting lots of supply for 2015 delivery?

I do hope Honda doesn't treat the NSX like a Civic.
I'd like to think Honda would make some attempt at maintaining residual values.

Dealer allocation of NSX's will depend on dealer volume. The top dealer in my area is to get around 10, other dealers 2-3. I'm afraid wait lists have no meaning until a deposit is given and a contract is signed and that's just not happening yet in the U.S.

When they offer to take deposits before Honda releases production information and allocated VIN, it just means you're in line, base on the order of the deposit to refused their demanded price - If the car is in demand. You can have a deposit but not willing to pay the demanded price when someone else will, they will skip you.

When the demand is over, they'll bag you to take it off the floor because they credit terms.

What they will do is, increase MRSp according to adjusted market value. When that happens, you will see small increases here there, for example.

If the NSX is msrp at $120,000, they may demand $150,000 if there are people lining up to buy it, and they may get that much out of it.

But, if you wait for a year or two,

Let's say Honda increase the msrp to $125,000 and the invoice is $110,000, you may be able to get the car somewhere between $11x.xxx to $125,000 depend on your negotiating skills and how bad they want to move the car.

i am new to forum and am putting feelers out there for a dealer that is willing to sell the new nsx at msrp..i am fortunate and have yet to deal with "market" adjustments on any of my "first run purchases"....i owned a '91 and want to be an owner of the second generation..i am prepared to place deposit ...just putting it out there....if anyone can help with a dealer contact ( anywhere in the usa )it would be greatly appreciated..thanks
bump.....

I am new to forum and am putting feelers out there for a dealer that is willing to sell the new NSX at msrp..I am fortunate and have yet to deal with "market" adjustments on any of my "first run purchases"....I owned a '91 and want to be an owner of the second generation..I am prepared to place deposit ...Just putting it out there....If anyone can help with a dealer contact ( anywhere in the USA )it would be greatly appreciated..Thanks

DEALERS...when will order scheduling begin in USA ?

It might be too late to get on the wait list with a deposit for the 2015 model year.
Now that we know it won't be sold before 2015, the first ones are likely to be designated as the 2016 model year. (They can sell 2016 model year cars any time starting January 1, 2015.)

No idea if that is true but it sounds like Honda may have learned from overproducing on the first NSX launch, that keeping the car supply tight is very important to maintain value and exclusivity.
The NSX wasn't "overproduced" when it was first launched. There was a lot of demand for the first year, because it made such a splash as well as because the economic and legislative factors were helping sales during the first model year (particularly for those sold before January 1, 1991). Supply was actually less than demand at MSRP, based on the fact that cars were selling for more than MSRP during that first year. So if anything, the car was "underproduced".

The NSX wasn't "overproduced" when it was first launched. There was a lot of demand for the first year, because it made such a splash as well as because the economic and legislative factors were helping sales during the first model year (particularly for those sold before January 1, 1991). Supply was actually less than demand at MSRP, based on the fact that cars were selling for more than MSRP during that first year. So if anything, the car was "underproduced".

I agree at launch the NSX was in high demand which did outstrip supply and yes gouging took place.
However after the initial flurry the sales pace slowed but I understand Honda USA had already committed to future NSX volumes based on early demand.
The NSX's kept coming and as demand fell, unsold inventory built up particularly on the Long Beach Terminal.
That's when the discounting started and the exclusivity was lost.

A friend at our local Ferrari dealer predicted before the launch that this would happen.
He said Honda did not understand selling in the mid-engine segment and they would sell the NSX like a Civic and end up overproducing.

Ted Klaus' view at NSXPO 2013 was that Honda USA had learned from that experience and wouldn't repeat it with the new NSX.
I hope they make one less car than they can sell.
Nothing but nothing increases industry aura and buzz like a car that is in short supply with a permanent 3-6 month waiting period.
Prices stay firm, early buyers are protected, future production at the factory holds it's value, Honda doesn't have to take write-downs on inventory etc.
Time will tell

I agree at launch the NSX was in high demand which did outstrip supply and yes gouging took place.
However after the initial flurry the sales pace slowed but I understand Honda USA had already committed to future NSX volumes based on early demand.
The NSX's kept coming and as demand fell, unsold inventory built up particularly on the Long Beach Terminal.
That's when the discounting started and the exclusivity was lost.

A friend at our local Ferrari dealer predicted before the launch that this would happen.
He said Honda did not understand selling in the mid-engine segment and they would sell the NSX like a Civic and end up overproducing.

Ted Klaus' view at NSXPO 2013 was that Honda USA had learned from that experience and wouldn't repeat it with the new NSX.
I hope they make one less car than they can sell.
Nothing but nothing increases industry aura and buzz like a car that is in short supply with a permanent 3-6 month waiting period.
Prices stay firm, early buyers are protected, future production at the factory holds it's value, Honda doesn't have to take write-downs on inventory etc.
Time will tell

Yes, but they do have an incredible captial cost for the new factory...should be interesting.

Yes, but they do have an incredible captial cost for the new factory...should be interesting.
It's not really a brand new factory in the conventional sense. They took an existing building adjacent to the Maryville assembly plant and made some modifications to it.

Back