• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Shooting the Breeze... What's up?

Just to post something here in so Cal, in this dead forum, I renewed my NSXCA membership for three more years. Ramon reminded me of the San Francisco NSXPO coming up in September. At least I got to see him when I was in So Cal last week, as he changed the oil in my '15 Crosstour after I drove it back to CA from CO.

I left my Crosstour in CA and took my '07 S2000 back to CO. I left so Cal on Tuesday, 3-27-2018, for a uneventful drive, into the wind the entire 552 miles to Richfield, Utah, however it was Mr. Toad's wild ride, indeed, on Wednesday, March 28th! :eek:

I left Richfield, Utah with nice skies but hit snow that turned the road icy on I-70 after Vail Summit. The weather prediction was not for that snow and ice or I never would have attempted the drive. I was super scared as my summer tires were not gripping. I got off I-70 in Frisco, CO and spent the night. I made the last 125 miles home the next day, when the road was just wet and not icy. I was just happy to not wreak my S2000, me or my cat, Leo, who was with me. Colorado already beat the hell out of my S2000 during a hail storm in July 2016.

180328_091025 S2000 Richfield UT.jpeg
^3-28-2018. Leaving Richfield, Utah in the morning for my 520 mile drive home to Loveland, CO.

180328_104041 Spotted Wolf potty Utah S2000.jpg
^3-28-2018. I always stop at this lookout/rest stop. You can only get to it from eastbound I-70, west of Green River, Utah.

180328_104947 Utah S2000.jpeg
^This is why I always stop. Such a killer view!

180328_110536 S2000 Utah.jpeg

180328_110511 S2000 Utah.jpg

180328_151834 S2000 Utah icy.jpg
^3-28-2018, on I-70 getting more and more scared. I gingerly pulled over and used a CD case to get the built up ice and snow off my windshield. The windshield wipers started to go on top of the ice.

180328_154514 S2000 snow Frisco Utah.jpeg
^3-28-2018. When I finally got off I-70 in Frisco, my car was ice coated and not blue.

180329_102013 S2000 snow Frisco.jpg
^3-29-2018. The morning I drove the last 125 miles to Loveland, CO.

180329_152401 S2000 Pilot Loveland.jpeg
^3-29-2018. Home, safe and sound. What a relief!

180323_165628 NSX S2000 Crosstour.jpg
^3-23-2018. Before leaving CA for CO.

So many views and zero comments of any sort. :confused: No wonder I'd rather post on Facebook.

Last edited:
Just to post something here in so Cal, in this dead forum, I renewed my NSXCA membership for three more years. Ramon reminded me of the San Francisco NSXPO coming up in September. At least I got to see him when I was in So Cal last week, as he changed the oil in my '15 Crosstour after I drove it back to CA from CO.

I left my Crosstour in CA and took my '07 S2000 back to CO. I left so Cal on Tuesday, 3-27-2018, for a uneventful drive, into the wind the entire 552 miles to Richfield, Utah, however it was Mr. Toad's wild ride, indeed, on Wednesday, March 28th! :eek:

I left Richfield, Utah with nice skies but hit snow that turned the road icy on I-70 after Vail Summit. The weather prediction was not for that snow and ice or I never would have attempted the drive. I was super scared as my summer tires were not gripping. I got off I-70 in Frisco, CO and spent the night. I made the last 125 miles home the next day, when the road was just wet and not icy. I was just happy to not wreak my S2000, me or my cat, Leo, who was with me. Colorado already beat the hell out of my S2000 during a hail storm in July 2016.

View attachment 152343
^3-28-2018. Leaving Richfield, Utah in the morning for my 520 mile drive home to Loveland, CO.

View attachment 152344
^3-28-2018. I always stop at this lookout/rest stop. You can only get to it from eastbound I-70, west of Green River, Utah.

View attachment 152345
^This is why I always stop. Such a killer view!

View attachment 152346

View attachment 152347

View attachment 152342
^3-28-2018, on I-70 getting more and more scared. I gingerly pulled over and used a CD case to get the built up ice and snow off my windshield. The windshield wipers started to go on top of the ice.

View attachment 152339
^3-28-2018. When I finally got off I-70 in Frisco, my car was ice coated and not blue.

View attachment 152341
^3-29-2018. The morning I drove the last 125 miles to Loveland, CO.

View attachment 152340
^3-29-2018. Home, safe and sound. What a relief!

View attachment 152348
^3-23-2018. Before leaving CA for CO.

So many views and zero comments of any sort. :confused: No wonder I'd rather post on Facebook.
Beautiful matching blues you have there! Ideal stable for me someday. Hope your foot is feeling better.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Beautiful matching blues you have there! Ideal stable for me someday. Hope your foot is feeling better.

OMG! A reply? Since you know about my foot I should know who you are. My foot is great! I went to Home Depot tonight and was walking like a normal person. Thank you very much for your post!

Don't fret Patty. You and few are still keeping the so cal section alive so don't be too discouraged:biggrin:
I would think there would be more replies from the so-cal veterans.

However, I felt compelled to reply since no one else has replied besides the last 2 members and I absolutely looooooooove scenery pictures. Keep posting them.

The only topic that I find people to be more engaged are the Picture and Build threads.

I sold my NSX awhile ago, because at the time, I never had the chance to drive it since we were doing lots of traveling.
I still lurk on prime....I don't do fb.

Thank you for sharing your adventure! It seemed fun, uneventful, and scary at the same time. I enjoy these types of posts the most. Glad you and the S made it home safe and sound.

Don't fret Patty. You and few are still keeping the so cal section alive so don't be too discouraged:biggrin:
I would think there would be more replies from the so-cal veterans.

However, I felt compelled to reply since no one else has replied besides the last 2 members and I absolutely looooooooove scenery pictures. Keep posting them.

The only topic that I find people to be more engaged are the Picture and Build threads.

I sold my NSX awhile ago, because at the time, I never had the chance to drive it since we were doing lots of traveling.
I still lurk on prime....I don't do fb.

:smile: Okay! I was fretting. If you reply I'll keep at it. Thank you for your encouragement. I felt like deleting this entire thread. My brownies get eaten but my posts are more or less ignored. No more milk and brownies for Les. :rolleyes:

Thank you for sharing your adventure! It seemed fun, uneventful, and scary at the same time. I enjoy these types of posts the most. Glad you and the S made it home safe and sound.

Thank you, ykue2914. What does your screen name signify? That was fun, eventful and scary!

Hey Patty! Just found and viewed your post-up on your harrowing S2000 trip. A "white-knuckler" for certain. THX for posting your photos :smile:
No look-face for me.
Take it easy!

:smile: Okay! I was fretting. If you reply I'll keep at it. Thank you for your encouragement. I felt like deleting this entire thread. My brownies get eaten but my posts are more or less ignored. No more milk and brownies for Les. :rolleyes:

Haha, actually, I shouldn't use the word fret, something more of an encouragement.:biggrin:
Yeah, where's Les, JC, Mario, Alan, Jonathan, Hugo...there's more, but I forgot their real name ..they should be bombarding your thread with responses.

Now I'm fretting Patty. I only finding out you have been in town from these posts and from Ramon after the fact.:rolleyes:..............:tongue:

Thank you, ykue2914. What does your screen name signify? That was fun, eventful and scary!
Patty - Thanks for the correction. Eventful would be the more appropriate term. My screen name is just my first initial and last name.

Patty - Thanks for the correction. Eventful would be the more appropriate term. My screen name is just my first initial and last name.

Ha! I didn't mean to correct you. The "un" didn't even register in my brain.

Now I'm fretting Patty. I only finding out you have been in town from these posts and from Ramon after the fact.:rolleyes:..............:tongue:

I wasn't in town long enough to play. Just came for an MRI, results of it and to swap cars.

Ha! I didn't mean to correct you. The "un" didn't even register in my brain.

Patty - I like your collection. Was it a coincidence or planned out to get both in LBBP? Do you even drive the LBBP, how many miles?

I wasn't in town long enough to play. Just came for an MRI, results of it and to swap cars.

Just messing with you like the good old days on Prime.:smile:

Patty - I like your collection. Was it a coincidence or planned out to get both in LBBP? Do you even drive the LBBP, how many miles?

I'm a blue Honda lover. My first new car was a 1982 blue Honda Prelude. Then came a 1987 blue Accord... and finally the 2017 blue Pilot.

PK Datsun 510 Prelude.jpg
^My first car ever, a 1970 Datsun 510, and my first new car, the 1982 Prelude. Oh, and those dark shots of the Datsun 510 are when I flung it off Mulholland Drive. :redface:

I had a new 2001 Silverstone S2000 but only because it didn't come in blue that year. In 2002, the S2000 came out in Suzuka blue, a lighter blue. I finally got a new Suzuka Blue S2000 in 2005. So, naturally, in 2006, the S2000 came out in Laguna Blue, a much better blue, and the blue that looks like LBBP. After I put over 100,000 miles on my 2005 Suzuka blue, I bought a used 2007 Laguna Blue (in August 2013) and sold the 2005 Suzuka Blue. I had the 2007 shipped from Raleigh, NC with under 12,000 miles on it. Honda quit making the S2000 in 2009 so I had to buy used.

050515 Mr and Mrs Cool.JPG
^5-15-2005.

060226 Both S2000s Tehachapi 5047.JPG
^2-26-2006. My (now ex) husband drove the '01 Silverstone and I'd drive the '05 Suzuka blue on fun weekend spins. He still has the '01 Silverstone.

IMG_3278 130821 3_Blue Hondas.jpg
^8-21-2013. After I had the '07 Laguna Blue delivered but hadn't sold my '05 Suzuka yet.

140223 Rockstore NSX sml.jpg
^2-23-2014. Yes, I do drive it. I think around 1,000 miles a year.

180102 NSX charger.jpg
^1-18-2018. Getting juiced while I'm away.

Attachments

• 130324 Rockstore NSX photoPRINT.jpg
    130324 Rockstore NSX photoPRINT.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
I'm a blue Honda lover. My first new car was a 1982 blue Honda Prelude. Then came a 1987 blue Accord... and finally the 2017 blue Pilot.

View attachment 152427
^My first car ever, a 1970 Datsun 510, and my first new car, the 1982 Prelude. Oh, and those dark shots of the Datsun 510 are when I flung it off Mulholland Drive. :redface:

I had a new 2001 Silverstone S2000 but only because it didn't come in blue that year. In 2002, the S2000 came out in Suzuka blue, a lighter blue. I finally got a new Suzuka Blue S2000 in 2005. So, naturally, in 2006, the S2000 came out in Laguna Blue, a much better blue, and the blue that looks like LBBP. After I put over 100,000 miles on my 2005 Suzuka blue, I bought a used 2007 Laguna Blue (in August 2013) and sold the 2005 Suzuka Blue. I had the 2007 shipped from Raleigh, NC with under 12,000 miles on it. Honda quit making the S2000 in 2009 so I had to buy used.

View attachment 152422
^5-15-2005.

View attachment 152421
^2-26-2006. My (now ex) husband drove the '01 Silverstone and I'd drive the '05 Suzuka blue on fun weekend spins. He still has the '01 Silverstone.

View attachment 152423
^8-21-2013. After I had the '07 Laguna Blue delivered but hadn't sold my '05 Suzuka yet.

View attachment 152425
^2-23-2014. Yes, I do drive it. I think around 1,000 miles a year.

View attachment 152426
^1-18-2018. Getting juiced while I'm away.

Such awesome Honda Heritage there! I'm not from Cali so have no idea where Mudholland Drive is but it sure sounds like a hell of road to drive on. I'm always jealous of the vast and abundance of exquisite roads available to Cali locals. I was recently vacationing in Cali and did the drive to Big Bear lake, boy quite the drive and change in weather. So is it safe to assume that if the NSX did not come in blue, you would not be owning an NSX?

Such awesome Honda Heritage there! I'm not from Cali so have no idea where Mudholland Drive is but it sure sounds like a hell of road to drive on. I'm always jealous of the vast and abundance of exquisite roads available to Cali locals. I was recently vacationing in Cali and did the drive to Big Bear lake, boy quite the drive and change in weather. So is it safe to assume that if the NSX did not come in blue, you would not be owning an NSX?

Yes, I wouldn't have bought an NSX if I couldn't get it in blue. My dad had an 1992 automatic NSX in red, he bought new when he was 65 years-old. I loved when I'd see it but never thought of getting one at the time.

Where do you live? Big Bear is a fun drive and good place for lunch.

Dad's car whole.JPG
^My dad's car next to my 2001 S2000 in Acton, California, where I raised my kids.

Just maybe but not for sure?:tongue:

Are you suggesting I need to lose weight.:frown:

Yeah, just maybe. Once you post enough I'll tip to "for sure". You who won't go on the Book of Faces, should post here more often, chubbs.

Oh bullocks! No I will not, I should be back on the 23rd or the 24th, not sure yet.

Hey, dude! Your box looks green so you must be on Prime right now, right? What happened to you? Your baby must be a toddler by now.

**EDIT** I guess the green box does NOT mean someone is on. Looks like all the boxes are green.

Last edited:
Yes, I wouldn't have bought an NSX if I couldn't get it in blue. My dad had an 1992 automatic NSX in red, he bought new when he was 65 years-old. I loved when I'd see it but never thought of getting one at the time.

Where do you live? Big Bear is a fun drive and good place for lunch.

View attachment 152428
^My dad's car next to my 2001 S2000 in Acton, California, where I raised my kids.

I guess your dad passed on some Honda genes to you. I'm from the bipolar land of Twin Cities (Minneapolis/St. Paul), MN. My dream of living in Cali might be cost prohibitive now, but at least now I have another friend from Cali.

Back