• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Group Buy Shorai Battery and CNC Machined Battery Tray Package - 7 pound setup - Direct bolt on

Ed, thanks for the awesome writeup and photos!

Any update regarding this past Friday's testing? Only 3 days left in the GD. 8-(

We did a 10 foot drop which the original design passed fine, but when we did the 20 foot drop, the threads in one of the standoffs sheered and let the battery go. We have since done a redesign which easily passed the 20 foot drop test and have started the production of the new standoffs which we will be providing our customers free of charge. A 20 foot drop is a bit over 20 mph. Here's the video:

Test rig
9787862794_1a3d6810dc_b.jpg

9787931193_4471b7756a_b.jpg

9787872236_306140f764_b.jpg

This is the tray after the drop
9787867164_9336daffcb_b.jpg

9787671842_9f92bb04f5_b.jpg

No deformation
9787867974_425c1662fa_b.jpg

Nice work man. Glad to see a responsible quality vendor. Now when do I get my new standoffs. LOL

- - - Updated - - -

Nice work man. Glad to see a responsible quality vendor. Now when do I get my new standoffs. LOL

Just for kicks throw an OEM battery on that rig and post a video. I like things that go splish splash I was taking an acid bath...

Thanks Dave, not entirely sure on an ETA, although you'll get them soon since yours aren't anodized.

I've actually been really interested in what happens to an OEM battery in a crash situation. Also, I'd like to see some other battery trays put to the same test :)

Will you do an OEM tray test? I'd love to see it.

so this part is also sold with a battery tender option and charger? is that correct? please pm the full price

tryna figure out if it can run my amp , and a supercharger and a future lift system

Will you do an OEM tray test? I'd love to see it.

Doubtful, as it'd probably be really messy.

so this part is also sold with a battery tender option and charger? is that correct? please pm the full price

tryna figure out if it can run my amp , and a supercharger and a future lift system

Yes, the charger/tender is additional.

Yep!

Also factor in the fact that the cardboard padding we used doesn't have nearly as much squish as a car's crumple zone.

Today is the last day for the group buy!

Hi Frank, we are getting the black ones back from the anodizer I'd say early next week, and have the silver versions in stock currently. The batteries we keep low in stock because it's a big financial burden to keep a big inventory, but they arrive from Shorai within a couple of days of ordering. Currently the inventory is reserved for the remaining group buy participants.

We're keeping the Prime group buy price of $380, but shipping won't be included, which is about $25 to the East Coast.

Colin,
Great job! I installed mine this weekend and the design/ manufacturing is top notch.
I've now got Shorai batteries in my 900RR, NSX, ATV and Simplicity riding mower.
These batteries are fantastic and so is the tray!

Hi everyone,

has anyone had any experience jumpstarting this battery after it has fully drained? Is there anything special I should know or is it just like jumpstarting any other battery..? I was away on a business trip for 20+ days, and unfortunately my housemate accidentally unplugged my battery tender, so it died while I was gone...I tried scrolling through these 8 pages and didn't see this question asked, but I apologize if I missed it..

- - - Updated - - -

Hi everyone,

has anyone had any experience jumpstarting this battery after it has fully drained? Is there anything special I should know or is it just like jumpstarting any other battery..? I was away on a business trip for 20+ days, and unfortunately my housemate accidentally unplugged my battery tender, so it died while I was gone...I tried scrolling through these 8 pages and didn't see this question asked, but I apologize if I missed it..

Hi everyone,

Going to relay the PM I sent to you since everyone should know:

Try using your charger first before jump starting it, but yes it should be fine being jump started. I had another customer fully discharge his battery and used the charger to revive it. It just took a long ass time (8 hours).

Going to relay the PM I sent to you since everyone should know:

Try using your charger first before jump starting it, but yes it should be fine being jump started. I had another customer fully discharge his battery and used the charger to revive it. It just took a long ass time (8 hours).

thanks for the response....FYI in case anyone else has this question, this weekend I was able to jump start the NSX with my other car just like any other battery, so that was a relief. thanks again for the great product!

Back