• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Sick of my job. What do you suggest?

I think he was implying that since his birthplace is outside of the US, he is "exempt" from showing his patriotism to this country, by joining the armed forces or a police force.

I worked with a Lt Col last year to implement a 24/7 jet fuel station in Kuwait. His last name is Fernandez.

AndyVecsey said:
I think he was implying that since his birthplace is outside of the US, he is "exempt" from showing his patriotism to this country, by joining the armed forces or a police force.

I did not mean that at ALL THANK YOU VERY MUCH... maybe you shouldn't put words in my mouth andy. Go pick on 92nsx or something else productive..

I have nothing against joining the police force... however, as I stated above, i would not risk my life daily for $17,000 a year... would you? I doubt it.

At any rate, I don't think a Canadian can join the US military? Not sure about the police force.

Anyway, I was simply making a joke... notice the happy face... maybe you guys should chill a little..

Calm Down / Cold Shower

NetViper, please re-read my post. Specifically, look at the second word of the first sentence. The word "think" means exactly that. I am not picking on you, had I been, I would've attached a sarcastic emoticon. Since I didn't, I wasn't.

As far as a non-US born citizen being in the military or police, they just need to be a naturalized US citizen along with many other requirements.

Regarding your question about $ vs risk of life, I would've loved to join the military, except my eyesight prevented me from doing what I wanted to do - fighter pilot.

While we're at it, please tell us what you meant by "As far as serving my country... I am canadian" in that post. Afterall, you ask the forum a question so now we are asking you a question.

Re: Re: Sick of my job. What do you suggest?

O-Ace said:
I think the solution here is to figure out what you find interesting, fun, and challenging...then get creative and build a business around that idea.

How about being a PIMP DADDY??
:D :eek: :D :eek: :D

Re: Calm Down / Cold Shower

AndyVecsey said:
NetViper, please re-read my post. Specifically, look at the second word of the first sentence. The word "think" means exactly that. I am not picking on you, had I been, I would've attached a sarcastic emoticon. Since I didn't, I wasn't.

Andy,

This was supposed to be a serious thread and you are just turning it into attacks...

Now, if we can get back on topic.... PIMP DADDY is not exactly what I had in mind :)

Jake's out, you're in.

I have a spot on my squad open. Pay is above average for a cop, but you might find yourself in a few uncomfortable situations here and there. :D

I'm Confused

Andy, This was supposed to be a serious thread and you are just turning it into attacks.

I stated what I thought was the meaning of your comment, without any derogatory or inflaming words whatsoever.

I follow that up with a clarification that I was not picking on you.

Because you got upset at me for "putting words in your mouth", I closed by asking what your comment meant.

How is that an attack? :confused:

BTW - if you get annoyed at me for the so-called "attack" then I'm sure you are equally annoyed at the multitude of posts herein that do not offer any serious employment ideas. Why not lash out at them for not taking you serious, huh?

Last edited:
Re: I'm Confused

AndyVecsey said:

BTW - if you get annoyed at me for the so-called "attack" then I'm sure you are equally annoyed at the multitude of posts herein that do not offer any serious employment ideas. Why not lash out at them for not taking you serious, huh?

Because the others are just having fun.. you on the other hand are not..

Oh well, I guess this thread is now a write off.... thanks..

Your solution is simple...

Stop spending money and start saving as much as you can. Buy nothing except the essentials. You will be surprised how much you can save in five years. Then put your money in the market and sell covered calls on the money every month. you get paid for loaning out your money. You can make as much as 5k a month with a 50k investment.

Or
Open a strip club.

IMO the key to being happy is not money or things as much as it is environment and being happy with what you have....and of course good health.

Thanks For The Compliment

Oh I see, just because I am biased to being serious vs having fun then I get singled out as "attacking" you? Nice, very nice.

So Dave, who's picking on who this time? :p

Joel said:
Quit. But keep in mind, 3 out of 4 people feel the same way about their jobs. I'm no exception.

The fourth person who likes their job is the a-hole that causes the other three to hate their job.

FYI: I don't particularly enjoy my job either; I do however, love the money it pays. Unfortunately, I have yet to encounter a position that pays me to lounge around for 8 hours. Until I do, I am sticking with what I got. :D

steveny said:
The fourth person who likes their job is the a-hole that causes the other three to hate their job.
LOL...good point :D So, who here qualifies for being that 4TH Person :p

Re: Thanks For The Compliment

AndyVecsey said:

Oh I see, just because I am biased to being serious vs having fun then I get singled out as "attacking" you? Nice, very nice.

So Dave, who's picking on who this time? :p

This is getting confusing... so now i am attacking you? hmm.. what do you do for a living anyway?

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by steveny
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

O-Ace said:
LOL...good point :D So, who here qualifies for being that 4TH Person :p

The problem with the four people in the work place is no one is a winner in this situation. If one is hated and the other three hate everyone loses.

steveny said:
Stop spending money and start saving as much as you can. Buy nothing except the essentials. You will be surprised how much you can save in five years. Then put your money in the market and sell covered calls on the money every month. you get paid for loaning out your money. You can make as much as 5k a month with a 50k investment.
Sorry to get off topic, but that's a pretty hefty return. Is it really possible to be able to make that much consistently?

If so, I'd like some more info! :D

cxr344 said:
Sorry to get off topic, but that's a pretty hefty return. Is it really possible to be able to make that much consistently?

If so, I'd like some more info! :D

Sure is and I do every month.

THIS IS NOT A RECOMMENDATION JUST AN EXAMPLE.

Say a 94 NSX is 37k so the monthly payment would be roughly...811.98 per month at 6 percent. Instead of buying the NSX...

Buy 1000 shares of IMCL @ $35.99 (today's close) total of 36k.
Then turn around and sell 10 of the December covered calls with a 40 dollar strike price for $1.95 each. This would net you $1950.00 a little less after commissions. But still enough to make the payments on two NSX's with the same pile of money.
Better yet if IMCL is 40 or above on expiration day the shares will be swept out of your account at 40 dollars each share. You will collect another 4.01 per share or a total of 4001.00 plus the 1950 for a grand total of $5951.00 minus commissions.

On the flip side, IMCL could go lower in which case you pocket the $1950 since the calls would expire worthless, and sell the next month's calls. Ideally; IMCL closes between $36 and $40 so your calls expire worthless and you still hold the stock. It's a safe play; but not bullet proof.

If that's not exciting or challenging enough, you could always try trading the S&P500 futures :D

O-Ace said:
On the flip side, IMCL could go lower in which case you pocket the $1950 since the calls would expire worthless, and sell the next month's calls. Ideally; IMCL closes between $36 and $40 so your calls expire worthless and you still hold the stock. It's a safe play; but not bullet proof.

If that's not exciting or challenging enough, you could always try trading the S&P500 futures :D

Hey Ace I thought you may chime in here. Hope all is well.

It makes no difference where IMCL closes you always get to pocket the money collected from the sale of the calls.
The way Ace has explained this is the way I prefer to have things happen. This leaves you open to sell the next months calls and do it all over again. The bonus here is now you own the shares at a lower level because of the 1.95 per share you collected the month before. The lower the cost basis the broader the range of calls you can chose from and still be ahead of the money.

can you guys explain this in a manner that will be understandable to people with not too much stock/market knowledge?

i have money invested, but i just dump it in vanguard 500, or fidelity.

if you guys give us a step by step of how it works, or how to do it, we could all benefit as a community.

<B>NetViper</B>: why don't you do a 3mth course in computers and work in the IT industry? That's what everyone seems to do these days... and we wonder why computers never work properly. :)

steveny said:
Your solution is simple...

Or
Open a strip club.

IMO the key to being happy is not money or things as much as it is environment and being happy with what you have....and of course good health.

Well with some simple calculations, with that percentage of return each month reinvested for 20 years you would end up with about:

Yes that is billion! I guess with your investment strategy you will be the richest man in the world in a few years. If you would of started with 150,000 you could be the worlds first trillionaire!

I think that you might be overstating your return a little bit and yes I fully understand buying and selling calls.

Back