• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Skyline Drive/Charlottesville Sun. 11/30

How long will it take to get from Potomac to the Warrenton Sheetz? I'm feeling under the weather tonight. I will be attending and meeting at Sheetz if I'm feeling better by Sunday AM.

David
--

Potomac to Sheetz

From the Beltway & River Road, it will take you 45-minutes. So . . . If you are 15-minutes from the beltway, you are an hour from Sheetz.

Eddie

Great Drive

Thanks for a great drive.

I drove 404 miles today, and I loved every moment.

Neda and I had a great time.

Thanks, Howard & Lud, for making it happen.

I posted a few pictures at:

http://www.demwhit.com/cars/index.html

E-Mail me for originals. Also, feel free to send me any pics you have!

Eddie

Last edited:
ROCK ON!

Hey All!

Whatta blast! The most fun I have ever had in my NSX. Period.

Thanks Lud, Howard, etc.

I will post pics soon.

Eddie. That car sounds so awesome!

Now... any track events in this area in the next few weeks?

lee
www.td2k.com

Last edited:
It was a great day. Everyone enjoyed meeting some old and new friends and the roads were spectacular. Only one damper but it cannot take away from the great job Howard did in arranging this gathering.

I regret not being able to attend other events in the past when I actually HAD an NSX.

This was actually the first opportunity I've had to drive my german behemoth in its element. It's just out of the break in period and so far I've just putzed around town to properly and gingerly break in the engine.

No way I could keep up with the Diablo. The behemoth seemed to do pretty well in the twisties, though.

I've included a small taste of what we were able to enjoy today. More pics will be up shortly, including a link to the full view, high-resolution shot this thumbnail was taken from. Howard risked limb, life, and certain embarassment if he fell to get this shot.

Thanks again to everyone who participated for a great day. I really enjoyed seeing my old friends, and hope I was able to make few new ones.

Best wishes,

David
--

Attachments

• panorama-small.jpg
    panorama-small.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 3,349
geeze i need somewhere to post these!

Here are some pics. I have more and they are super super hi rez. I am talking poster size here!

Attachments

• ucatchthis.jpg
    ucatchthis.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 3,341
all of us!

Ladies and Gentlemen...

Boy and Girls...

Small fluffy animals of all shapes and sizes....

Here we are!!!!

Attachments

• allinall.jpg
    allinall.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 3,388
Thanks to everyone for coming out yesterday- what a blast. We'll try to get everyone together again soon- the next event will probably be indoor karting at Allsports with perhaps a short drive beforehand, depending on road conditions. (I'm thinking January).

For the next drive I will:
1. Get a better radar detector
2. Turn the stereo down so I can actually HEAR the detector
3. Install Klingon Cloaking Device

Lee: Next track event is at Summit Pt. - this Fri. I believe- but it is sold out for novices. Also there's an event open at VIR this weekend. Email me for details.

Howard,
Thanks again for arranging the Sunday Drive.
I hope we will get together again this December.
Here is some picture:

Howard's NSX and my EVO

Attachments

• skyline01.jpg
    skyline01.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 3,018
Back