• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

So..... Anyway.....

I'm coming out of the closet.

By this time next week my car will be a new color. Already bought the paint.

Feels good to come out after all these years. I know how I was an LBBP basher but late at nights I used to crawl under the sheets with a flashlight and check out blue NSX spreads.

I need you guys to support me now because this is a critical time in my life.

601B4ABE-C183-40DB-8E29-F7F27B82D66F_zpsine9y8rj.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Is that too purple? I may tone down the purple a little. And yes it's dip. House of Kolor candy.

Disassemble, mask, spray just enough to make it easy to peel off. I'm not even doing the door jambs fully, just an inch or so in. It's autoflex which is liquid wrap, aka high-end dip. Looks like paint, can be sanded and buffed like paint, is glossy as paint, can be car washed, but ultimately can peel off.

- - - Updated - - -

I was going to do orange but my calipers are an off-orange and it would have looked odd. But orange and blue work well so I'm giving it a shot.

Subbed, can't wait to see the results on an NSX. Autoflex gloss is supposed to be indistinguishable from paint. Maybe do my coupe in a yellow NSX-R theme.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please keep us in the loop with the install and outcome. I am thinking about wrapping my car very soon. But I never heard about paint dipping. Only plasti-crap dipping. I replaced my entire front bumper and rocker panels a few years ago and had them painted to color match the car. The guy must have done an awful job because it is already peeling!:mad:

8ef8fa9b43e4619dd77cdf5a1fd1b91f.jpg

this is plastidip Deep Sea Pearl (gloss) - was not happy with the texture at all but loved the color. A little purple would look good but don't go Integra Supersonic Blue, that's a bit too much.

d76f4a262de04812a2e1849b09d5789f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been debating the R headlamp and white wheels

- - - Updated - - -

I looked into wrap too but at this point I think autoflex is the better option. My only worry is overspray but the painter assured me it would be clean. I'm prepping the car myself. Removing gaskets, scoops, wing, all lights, bumpers, etc. keeping the black top. That's vinyl. So I'll have a silver car, dipped blue, wrapped black. Hahahaha it's like when you date a girl in Los Angeles only to find out the hair is fake the boobs are fake the flat stomach was spanks.... LOL

- - - Updated - - -

That looks more satin. Looks good though. Dip has come a long way. I can pick any color now from House of Kolor. It's not even remotely the same product this stuff is just like paint. I mean you can sand and buff!

I've been debating the R headlamp and white wheels

- - - Updated - - -

I looked into wrap too but at this point I think autoflex is the better option. My only worry is overspray but the painter assured me it would be clean. I'm prepping the car myself. Removing gaskets, scoops, wing, all lights, bumpers, etc. keeping the black top. That's vinyl. So I'll have a silver car, dipped blue, wrapped black. Hahahaha it's like when you date a girl in Los Angeles only to find out the hair is fake the boobs are fake the flat stomach was spanks.... LOL

- - - Updated - - -

That looks more satin. Looks good though. Dip has come a long way. I can pick any color now from House of Kolor. It's not even remotely the same product this stuff is just like paint. I mean you can sand and buff!
Turbo, is there a named process which the paint dip is called? Google just keeps bring up how to plastic dip cars and I can't find any info on it? NM, got it... Auto flex... Nothing in California though.... Probably something epa related. Lol.

Last edited:
tumblr_inline_o25q9tSvK31r6hap5_540.jpg

LOL...

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah Autoflex

- - - Updated - - -

Billy Johnson is somewhere shaking his head. He shows me how to setup the JRZ's and has high hopes I'll become a decent driver and instead I'm out dipping the car and changing headlight colors. Hahaha

tumblr_inline_o25q9tSvK31r6hap5_540.jpg

LOL...

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah Autoflex

- - - Updated - - -

Billy Johnson is somewhere shaking his head. He shows me how to setup the JRZ's and has high hopes I'll become a decent driver and instead I'm out dipping the car and changing headlight colors. Hahaha

Billy showed you how to setup your JRZs? What are your settings?

He said set everything to max because maximum is better than minimum so just do that Regan.

LOL.... Sorry I meant my KW competitions.

The closet became too small.......lets do the time walk again...................:wink:

Doc I even dig your yellow accents. I know I made fun of you for years.

I like color. There I said it.

LOL

Even the guy with the Enzo gave the LBBP a thumbs UP!

nsx_enzo_zpsds0nrhks.jpg

I'm trying to be different than LBBP. There were 3 levels of dip. Basic colors, pearls, and candies. Pearls were middle of the road cost. Candy colors were the most expensive. They are translucent so what you spray as the base effects how it looks. Like under the blue candy mix we are spraying various shades of silver and black. The blacks make it look more purple, the silvers make it pop more. Guy gave me a fantastic deal. It's under 2K but I'm doing a lot of the prep work myself. I don't want anyone else removing panels anyway. I got downforce fenders and I had to paint anyway. Plus the front bumper had some scrapes. It's costing me about $1000 more to just do the whole car. It also protects the OEM paint. If I don't like it, I will peel it and go a different color. Is amazing how it peels. In contrast, wrap doesn't last as long in the colors I want. It fades. It's also way more money. The chrome blue I wanted was $5000. If I had different calipers I would do orange. And finally own the color my ex girlfriend talked me out of years ago. Never ever listen to your girlfriend when it comes to your car. That's my advice to everybody lol

- - - Updated - - -

They can make ANY shade of dip now just like paint. They can mix colors just like paint. It literally has become peel-able paint.

Looking forward to see the outcome and your thoughts on the new dip system. I always loved the blue as well and almost did a blue but decided to do something different with my black car.

Also, whoever gave you a $5k cost to wrap your car was trying to rip you off. I did mine a year ago for around $2300. Looks fantastic and is holding up really well.
766099a86243d58e52e96b96c3f2464b.jpg

Chrome wrap is a lot more expensive. I asked for blue chrome. Also depending on where you live labor rates are way different. Boston is probably on the expensive side. He quoted me $3000-3500 for a regular non-chrome wrap.

Looking forward to see the outcome and your thoughts on the new dip system. I always loved the blue as well and almost did a blue but decided to do something different with my black car.

Also, whoever gave you a $5k cost to wrap your car was trying to rip you off. I did mine a year ago for around $2300. Looks fantastic and is holding up really well.
766099a86243d58e52e96b96c3f2464b.jpg

Damn that looks so sweet after you got the white ce28's. also turbo2go, I saw a video of the autoflex paint on car throttle. It looks like real paint, and that color with a tint of people looks great. I know you will update us with pictures, and I will be waiting for them in anticipation.

Back