• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

So...my girl broke my heart, wants a NEW convertible NON NSX

deedubb said:
Dude, if she doesn't want an NSX, get her a bus pass. Plenty of room on there ;)

bahahahaha

:tongue:

that was funny...

x

Guys, we must remember the $500/month criteria, 3 series, CLK, XK8, SC430, etc. are ALL OUT OF BUDGET.

ANYTIME said:
What about the Solara convertable? It's a 4 seater. Navigation too...
(Lexus SC430 very little sister) Starts @ 27k - 34mpg

Solara convertible is a good choice. They're reliable, economical, convertible, relatively inexpensive, and they have a pretty functional backseat. I don't see how you could go wrong.

SMYLDOC said:
I would keep the NSX and get a new girl!!!

I second that. ;) Else get an NSX and a seperate car for her.

I'm going to sound terribly SEXIST & generalize here but most women are hopeless at buying cars. (not all, but a lot!) They end up being suckered into what advertising and marketing says they should buy, or they buy a car because it was a nice colour or it had "cute door handles". :confused: Too many friends of mine own bad cars that constantly require maintenance, have bad build quality and performance because they went with their instincts. Since most guys have an interest in cars, it's only logical that they should ask the guys opinion.

That's my advice.... and now it's <B>MiamiMermaid</B> to slap me for this post. :D

My vote is on S2000. You'd be able to get the best of both worlds - a convertible for her, a Honda (built in Tochigi too) :biggrin:

I love these suggestions......I'll take almost every car suggested for $500/month. I'd like to know where some of you guys are getting $50k+ cars for that payment. Realistically you're limited to about $25k, unless she's putting an awful lot down (or doing a lease, which might be able to bump you into low-mid $30s).

BTW - that Mallett Solstice w/ 400hp - that's more than a Vette. So is the Z4-M Roadster. And the Lexus C430. And the CLK. And the XK8.

Needs a backseat, wants brand new, wants convertible, needs payment <$500. I know, how about a Saleen S7? It doesn't fit any requirement she has, but it sure sounds cool to me.

the new toyota solara conv. sounds good, especially with toyota's resale value..

toyota's resale value > pontiac's

btw, it also gets great gas mileage.:smile:

I hope you mean that she just wants a convertable and not making you sell the NSX for it....cuz man, It takes balls to admit that you are so whipped that "your girl" is making you dump the NSX and get her a convertable:eek::redface:

Just got Autoweek... They reviewed the new VW. They liked it.

Quote:

" Pontiac better sell as many G6s' as they can before September, because they won't be selling many after the VW arrives"

It resembles the Audi, but has a retractable hard top.

***IMHO:
G6 - Dumbest (it's a Pontiac:confused: )
Solara - Most reliable
VW - Best looking

ANYTIME said:
What about the Solara convertable? It's a 4 seater. Navigation too...
(Lexus SC430 very little sister) Starts @ 27k - 34mpg

photo_6.jpg

photo_9.jpg

photo_2.jpg

Agree with anytime.

The solara would be perfect.(Basically an sc430 with a back seat that you can actually use). Not to mention great quality, and a host of many upgrades you can get.

The other car i would recommend is the one posted above. The mini. This car holds its value more than any car anywhere. Plus its fun to drive.

good luck

Any pictures?

heathbar0 said:

Quote:

" Pontiac better sell as many G6s' as they can before September, because they won't be selling many after the VW arrives"

It resembles the Audi, but has a retractable hard top.

***IMHO:
Solara - Most reliable
VW - Best looking

heathbar0 said:

Quote:

***IMHO:
Solara - Most reliable
VW - Best looking

GM has already sold every G6 HTC and solsistice/Saturn convertible that they have planned to build this model year.

I personally would never buy anything from GM.

as for the Mistubishi??....your better off buying a Kia or Hyundai you get the same build quality and a slightly lower price that way.

The Solara looks like the way to go..IMO

Last edited:
91 X said:
I hope you mean that she just wants a convertable and not making you sell the NSX for it....cuz man, It takes balls to admit that you are so whipped that "your girl" is making you dump the NSX and get her a convertable:eek::redface:

Ok, you've lost your mind....or have been drinking heavily.

Nsx?...Girl?, NSX?...Girl? hmm....GIRL on GIRL, nah no thanks,

NSX on NSX! Oh yes Daddy likes

Thank you all for your suggestions keep em comin'!

91 X said:

I'd take whoever my wife is over an NSX.

If you won't... maybe you shouldn't be with them lol.

lil advice before you get married

rickysals said:
I'd take whoever my wife is over an NSX.

If you won't... maybe you shouldn't be with them lol.

Don't get me wrong, I love my girl, BUT I've already been in one marriage where the woman wanted to change me. IT DOESN'T WORK! They know what they're getting into (literally), from the first date...

when I pick em' up in the car:biggrin: LOL :tongue:

But on a serious note, if your dating a lady when you own your NSX, and then things get serious and she wants you to sell it...THATS JUST THE BEGINNING, as Snoop Dog would say, "drop her like its hot."

whippd'

whoa, call me wrong, but is this gal gonna be fartn' out a kid for you????:redface:

you want practical... get a cr-v.

my wife wants a lot of things. that does not mean she gets them....
keep the nsx, as you have a very nice ride.:smile:

Back