• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

So who picked up a good deal on a 2000? JHNA2161YT000163

Saw this pop up yesterday and get sold same day. I am hoping it went to an enthusiast, but I suspect it got picked up by a dealer and we will shortly see it back on the market for $85k

mz5LDi.jpg

Since it's already been on Internet you have to be moron to pay over 60 in next 2 years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since it's already been on Internet you have to be moron to pay over 60 in next 2 years

I don't agree with that at all and neither will any dealer who buys a car in those circumstances. Given how quickly this car sold, it was listed at under market price. That doesn't mean it won't be resold for market price, or if someone is looking for EXACTLY that car - over market price. Market prices also tend to change over 2 years.

I don't agree with that at all and neither will any dealer who buys a car in those circumstances. Given how quickly this car sold, it was listed at under market price. That doesn't mean it won't be resold for market price, or if someone is looking for EXACTLY that car - over market price. Market prices also tend to change over 2 years.

I think general consensus is you google vin before you buy

Not necessarily. No one want to pay any extra money especially if it's been less then year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We all do have to admit, the car appears to be VERY clean and in EXCELLENT condition. At the same time, I also hate that these cars are being purchased just to flip for a quick profit..

this is at least the second low mile car this dealer in Brooklyn has flipped....tristate buyers ..higher prices..

We all do have to admit, the car appears to be VERY clean and in EXCELLENT condition. At the same time, I also hate that these cars are being purchased just to flip for a quick profit..

That seems to be the pattern for collector grade cars as prices start to rapidly pick up. The somewhat amusing (but ultimately sad) thing that comes next is that dealers start buying cars back and forth bouncing the pricing up even higher.

With that said, I don't blame a dealer for picking that car up - it was ripe for the plucking. If you are going to under price your car, be sure to sell it to another enthusiast. If a dealership offers you cash on the spot that should be a good sign that you are selling at too low of a price point.

There was another Red/Tan for sale in Connecticut recently for $56.5K. Had 32,000 miles. This JDM Legends is Johnny on the spot with these cars.

Wow. Where was this car when I was ready to buy? :)

My car is about to go on the market (NOT). That is just crazy... In all seriousness, I am sure the purchaser (jmlegendauto) probably paid $55,000 cash and made a quick $20k profit in less than a week! Sellers, sell your car to enthusiasts here on Prime to people looking, not just someone who sees it as a moneymaking opportunity! You will kick yourself in the pants when you see it sold so soon for a lot more than what you thought was a good sale price!

Last edited:
Whoever owns that dealership in Brooklyn is very keen.
Been watching the Supra market like a hawk and recently came across a 95 6spd TT 1 owner in PA. Sold in hours , asking was around $35k
Next day saw it for sale at the same Brooklyn dealership for sale at 58k.

Whoever owns that dealership in Brooklyn is very keen.
Been watching the Supra market like a hawk and recently came across a 95 6spd TT 1 owner in PA. Sold in hours , asking was around $35k
Next day saw it for sale at the same Brooklyn dealership for sale at 58k.

I agree, someone there sees what happened to the Italian cars in the 80's ...and is getting ahead of the curve for desirable Japanese cars.

I think I have an idea where this car is going..

Back