• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

So, who's planning on buying the new NSX?

lol..the question really is asking who here is financialy able to spend roughly 130k on a new car.

I'll be the first to say, NOT ME! My last house was 130k! Ha!

How about an epic I-can't-afford it group:

1. EAC
2. latzke

Yes you are right the new NSX interior is awesome,the audi r8 v10 is one of the best engines out there,i would seel the gt-r for it (they use the same audi v10 engines at le mans and they only need rebuilds at 12k,13k miles wich is unheard in the racing world)great choice to wait for the revised transmision

Here's a few comments from the general manager at my local Acura dealership. He had just come back from some Acura gig in Arizona that the concept car was at. He referred to it as a 2015 that would likely be available around September of 2014 (even though from the looks of it the latest concept looks pretty refined). Between both dealerships here in Austin, there are around 17 people on the waiting list with a non-refundable deposit of $2,500. He also said that Honda has considered only building 500 cars per year, but would likely increase that if the number of deposits on hand exceed that number. There won't be any changes or new models offered in the first 3 years, after that a convertible version will be available. He also confirmed that the price should be between $100 and $130k.

Sounds promising at that price I'm sure they will sell.

What do you guys think will happen to the value of our cars? Will they hold value like the turbo 993 did? Do you think everyone will refer to ours as "oh that's the old" up until this new NSX comes out our NSX is still looked at being an exotic cool car that everyone would love to have, will they look at ours as just old news?

Here's a few comments from the general manager at my local Acura dealership. He had just come back from some Acura gig in Arizona that the concept car was at. He referred to it as a 2015 that would likely be available around September of 2014 (even though from the looks of it the latest concept looks pretty refined). Between both dealerships here in Austin, there are around 17 people on the waiting list with a non-refundable deposit of $2,500. He also said that Honda has considered only building 500 cars per year, but would likely increase that if the number of deposits on hand exceed that number. There won't be any changes or new models offered in the first 3 years, after that a convertible version will be available. He also confirmed that the price should be between $100 and $130k.

Typical car dealer hype...General Manager or not, he has no clue - just a good imagination.

I've already been getting some pressure to put down a deposit as well... But without any hard numbers in terms of HP, performance, or price there is no way I'm putting down anything. Besides if you aren't getting number 1 off the line what is the hurry?

I couldnt do it. Its like the GT-R to me. While is amazing and faster then almost anything bone stock, if Im going to drop that kind of coin on a car I better love it. I need a true stick shift becuase I not on a track and I dont care about those few tenths of a second faster the gear change is. I like a drivers car, my nsx and my s2000 are sitck and rudder, Thats it. I would get sick of paddle shifting, I had my boyz 430 for a week and 2 days in I was sick of that gearbox. The R8 on the othe hand, thats on my radar. I have driven the twin turbo v8 auto and a stock M/T. I love that car. For me its not a question, stick shift is a must and its a shame they are getting harder to find in newer performance cars

I for one have always been a die hard NSX guy. The first generation was just physically awe inspiring at a simple glance. But this NSX concept is just (meh). It doesn't stir the soul or emotion. I have this feeling like rooting for the home team and I'm at a home game and their record is 0-20. I however would buy it if it came in a hard top convertible version, side intakes, and an HSC style front fascia. I LOVE the interior though. Priced at 130 - 150 and I'm in. If they stick to the same front end from concept, I think NSX 1.0 will be my last Honda. My next car might be the next gen Audi R8.

I'm number 6 on the list at my dealership. However, I still may not do it. It really depends on what happens over the next year or two for me. I could be completely broke and it won't matter what number I am. For now though, I am planning on purchasing it when my number comes up. Oh, and I'm not intending to get rid of the one I have. I say that about every car I've owned though..........

Probably just the doctors. :biggrin:

And the lawyers lol :D
I am seriously considering one, but i can't get past the flappy paddle trans. It is great on a track but miserable on the street. If i am going to drop 100k+ on a car is has to deliver everything I expect.

If I buy one, it won't be until the 3rd year of production. Hopefully many of the bugs will be worked out. :D GL to all you 1st year buyers!

What do you guys think will happen to the value of our cars? Will they hold value like the turbo 993 did? Do you think everyone will refer to ours as "oh that's the old" up until this new NSX comes out our NSX is still looked at being an exotic cool car that everyone would love to have, will they look at ours as just old news?

I don't think the introduction of the new NSX will lower the value of our cars, if anything the prices may increase to due to increased exposure to the "NSX" nameplate. Prospective buyers won't be cross shopping the new NSX with the old one, so their is no reason why the value should decrease. I think people will acknowledge both as different cars from different eras. Much like the 300ZX to 350Z, RX-7 to RX-8, old beetle - new beetle.

Honestly I'm not interested in the new version at all. Not a fan of the hybrid tech in a "halo" car. Don't really like the awd. I expect more than a v6 for $100,000+ car. Regardless of what it looks like there are just a SLEW of cooler cars out there for the money. I know it says NSX on it.... but that's about the only thing that tugs on my heart a little. If it was called something else I wouldn't even look at it.
My next car is the V10 R8 Spyder. IMO that's what the new NSX should've been. I still look at the old pics of the HSC and shake my head wishing that thing had come to fruition. It WILL be really interesting to see videos and reviews that come from the first owners though.

Not a fan of the hybrid tech in a "halo" car. ... I still look at the old pics of the HSC and shake my head wishing that thing had come to fruition.

How is this not inconsistent? You do know the H in HSC is for Hybrid,, right?

Too many factors for me.. Its like asking if you're going to marry that chick going on pictures before you've even met her.

I could see myself going for it, heck sounds like there's at least another year or two before I'll even get a chance to seriously consider it... so many unknowns until then. Car has the potential, that's for sure.

I wonder if anyone from Honda is following this thread. LOL...

More people buy new NSX and real NSX price drops. I pick imola and white for price of one. CTSC white(NSX-R style), Turbo Imola and stock Red. Dream on...

Last edited:
Back