• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

"solidol" 94 BB: maintenance/build

Everything looks top notch. Looking forward to the ITB build.. Keep up the excellent work, and keep the pictures coming as you go.

Last Friday just to kick off 4th of July I was able to install new OEM front engine mount, put my old rear mount back as it was in great shape. Not changing my opinion on tiDave mounts - great stuff for track only (with occasional street use) vehicles. At the same time I was missing shifting feel above 4k rpm.

Also installed tiDave non-compliance end-links for the rear anti-sway bar. Next are insaneshaft axle swap. That would finish my mechanical changes for now.

ITB update:
- ID725 injectors enroute
- Few parts on order from Jenvey and everything should be in my hands in few weeks time
- Dyno time on current setup scheduled next week
- Still working on EMS options but will close that issue very soon
- Installing resistive touch screen in the navpod over SOS LCD proved to be a bit more difficult than expected. Mostly because cutting glass sucks :)

IMAG0127.jpg

IMAG0120.jpg

Wow awesome stuff Roman... Sorry about my "false advertisement" comment hehehe :biggrin:

Your TiDave engine mounts were too stiff for normal driving duties?

Wow awesome stuff Roman... Sorry about my "false advertisement" comment hehehe :biggrin:

Your TiDave engine mounts were too stiff for normal driving duties?
Ha! No worries :biggrin:

Re: TiDave engine mounts
For street use drawbacks overweight the benefits. It wasn't bad and totally usable. Jorge (@quiksilver55) had a chance to drive it before I put OEM back and he never complained :)
If car is tracked more than used on the street then these are great mod.

Last edited:
Set of Prospeed IM gaskets showed up

IMAG0137_1.jpg

I also had a chance to do few dyno pulls to figure out where we are

IMAG0144.jpg

Pink line - run without wideband in the tailpipe. Apparently it restricted the flow quite a lot.

roman%252520dyno.png

Quick update: ID725 are here. Just test fitting USCAR to OBD1 adapters. Gotta love plug'n'play

IMAG0316.jpg

IMAG0317.jpg
IMAG0318.jpg

hmmmm, nice layout. Im curious how it all goes together. I might look into some AN fittings and lines (black on black) for my show car. Will have to see how you do yours.

Just saw your build thread. Subscribed Roman and I am really enjoying how your car is turning out. I hope that you are enjoying the process of trying to balance OEM with your own tastes.

Although it seems like your tastes are winning out with the ITB setup...:biggrin:

Love the attention to detail! Nice injectors!

Regan, are you making fun of my whiteboard? j/k

Just saw your build thread. Subscribed Roman and I am really enjoying how your car is turning out. I hope that you are enjoying the process of trying to balance OEM with your own tastes.

Although it seems like your tastes are winning out with the ITB setup...[emoji3]
Thanks Jawn. It's been my long time dream to run ITBs. Many challenges but so many great people I've met over last few months since starting this. My mythical 300whp NA continues :)

Last edited:
While I'm waiting for upcoming smog notice to show up I finally had a chance to install Insane Shaft driveshaft (passenger side only for now).
Huge thanks to Dennis (@B2FiNiTY) for help.

New axles weighed around 20lbs each

IMAG0380.jpg

Marked current camber settings

IMG_1238.JPG
IMG_1242.JPG

OEM axle

IMG_1244.JPG
IMG_1245_1.jpg

Insane Shaft

IMG_1250.JPG
IMG_1251_1.jpg

Installed

IMG_1253.JPG

IMG_1256.JPG

IMG_1259.JPG
IMG_1260.JPG

Put around 400 miles on NSX since the install. Including unintentional slides and high speed run. So far flight is good. Will report back after few thousand miles.

Meanwhile ITBs are here and I even had time to install injectors already

IMG_20150725_135013.jpg
IMAG0336.jpg

Installing ID725

IMAG0342.jpg

IMAG0343.jpg

Realigned fuel rails and put USCAR to OBD1 adapters on

IMAG0348.jpg

I'm done for now until I come back from vacation. Then NSXPO and then back to ITBs. Stay tuned.

Last edited:
You think you'll be done by nsxpo? Not sure I read that properly
No way I'm done before NSXPO. I'm back early Sep, that's one month before heading to Palm Springs. I need to smog it first too. Even if I would have mechanics figured out there is no way I'm taking untested car (both mechanically and most importantly engine tune) on 1000+ miles journey with huge elevation and ambient temperature changes ;) I'm planning to go to SoCal after it's installed and I have some seat time to work out issues so we should plan ACH run ;)

Looking forward to ITB updates, I'm not sure it was mentioned, but is that the SOS kit or a Jenvey "kit" ?

Back