• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

South Florida GTG/karting

BladesNSX said:
April 2nd is the meet? Hmm thats on a Fri. I will try and get that day off. But since I am injured, all my vacation/sick time are being used. Hopefully I can make it. Its strange though. Usually these meets are on a weekend day.

Its April 2 thru the 4

Armando

Arrrrrmando,

I have already registered. Do you happen to know if there are any group offerings still available for the hotel accommodations???

When are you leaving? I will drive up with you given that I can get Fri. off.....

Julian,

With TitaniumVtec (James), that makes over 14 people. I know we're not there yet, but, what is the limit of people we can have all at once on the track?

BladesNSX said:
Arrrrrmando,

I have already registered. Do you happen to know if there are any group offerings still available for the hotel accommodations???

When are you leaving? I will drive up with you given that I can get Fri. off.....

Julian,

With TitaniumVtec (James), that makes over 14 people. I know we're not there yet, but, what is the limit of people we can have all at once on the track?

Kevin

So far the S2000 guys are meeting at the Bahama Breeze on Pines about noon, have lunch and all leave since the check in time is 3 or 4 pm, gives us some time for the drive and we are able to stay ahead of rush hour traffic. As far as the main hotle I beleive it is booked, but they do have some other hotels in the area that have rooms available.

http://forums.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=188362

Armando

Thanx for the link Armando. Saved me alot of time having to look up the info. I will make reservations at that hotel tomorrow.

Now....off topic. Would you happen to know anyone with some half decent looking aftermarket wheels/rims around, so I can borrow them just for the supermeet?

BladesNSX said:
Thanx for the link Armando. Saved me alot of time having to look up the info. I will make reservations at that hotel tomorrow.

Now....off topic. Would you happen to know anyone with some half decent looking aftermarket wheels/rims around, so I can borrow them just for the supermeet?

Talk to Ben I know he has stock wheels but he might have some aftermarkets laying around.

Armando

Yawn...

So, I guess we are doing this on April 9th?..

This is the count until now..

Myself + 2
Juan (M3 friend of mine)
Kevin
Armando
Ben
Doc Lane
Doc Gums
Brian + 1
Frank
James

That's 13.. Am I missing anyone?

Everyone please confirm for the 9th.. I'm thinking 8pm and we'll have the track for around 1-2 hours..

Once we have confirmation, I'll call them and make a reservation..

spyderman33 said:
Yawn...

So, I guess we are doing this on April 9th?..

This is the count until now..

Myself + 2
Juan (M3 friend of mine)
Kevin
Armando
Ben
Doc Lane
Doc Gums
Brian + 1
Frank
James

That's 13.. Am I missing anyone?

Everyone please confirm for the 9th.. I'm thinking 8pm and we'll have the track for around 1-2 hours..

Once we have confirmation, I'll call them and make a reservation..

Here's my official confirmation. In the future, You will address me as Blade.....FREAK!!!

BTW did you forget to mention that its "3" races for the $50, like you keep forgetting to send me the host site for the Exotic car show we went to...HMMM? Maybe I should call you FROST from now on.

Attachments

• blade.jpg
    blade.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 214
Brian2by2 said:
Hey guys, just a heads up. I just got back from that Speed Indoor Karting place on Commercial and 95...B-A-D A-S-S!!! With a group of 12 or more, you can do a 50 lap race (they do positions and all). And the go karts are pretty damn aggresive!!

Brian

Call them up and ask about groups, etc.. I have no problem going somewhere else..Indoor track sounds cooler though..

Post your findings..

Julian

OK, OK, Kevin hold your horses.. Jeez!

the place is called Speed Indoor Racing and it is located at 5300 North Powerline Road.. I just called and left a message for Tom Clark who is the group event coordinator.. So I am waiting for a call back.. The place looks pretty cool on the website.. http://speedindoorracing.com

Kevin: you want to go this weekend and check it out?

I'll wait for this guy to call back and we'll see the pricing, availability, etc..

I hope we can do this on Sat/Sun afternoon rather than a Fri night...

anywho.. will check back and let you all know..

laters.

Hmmm,

I'm curious if they just called the tracks by famous track names i.e. Sebring and Lugana Seca; or, if the track is modeled after the actual tracks. It would be great if it were the latter.

The prices look cheaper for "session" type driving. The Laguna Seca track is apparently their largest track as it hold can handle up to 14 karts.

Track rentals however seem pretty steep at almost $2k for Laguna Seca; unknown if that is for an entire day or for 'x' number of hours.

Julian and I are supposed to go to this track tomorrow and see what we can bargain. Will post ASAP what we find out.

There's always option A if this doesn't work out.:D

We have already spoken to a rep at the second karting track.

We are tentative for April 9th or perhaps 10th. The indoor track will work out to be more money (by a small amount); however, more track time can be had at the indoor track. We are planning on having it either late afternoon/evening on the 9th; or, early afternoon on the 10th. Here lies the advantage of an indoor track.

Note however that the track is limited in the number of karts at one time (usually around 14 at a time). If we have more that 14 people, we will simply break it up into two or three heats depending on the turnout.

From what I have gathered, an hour is what we will get at the track. I hear that 15 minutes is more than enough time for anyone; and, this is enough time to get a good workout.

This should prove to be very exciting. Hopefully, we can meet up for lunch or Dunch (thats between lunch and dinner):p
and chat about the track events.

BTW, there are cameras and displays showing racer rankings and positions.

We will keep you guys posted.

Thanks

Kevin (B L A D E)
Julian (spyderman33)

BladesNSX said:
We have already spoken to a rep at the second karting track.

We are tentative for April 9th or perhaps 10th. The indoor track will work out to be more money (by a small amount); however, more track time can be had at the indoor track. We are planning on having it either late afternoon/evening on the 9th; or, early afternoon on the 10th. Here lies the advantage of an indoor track.

Note however that the track is limited in the number of karts at one time (usually around 14 at a time). If we have more that 14 people, we will simply break it up into two or three heats depending on the turnout.

From what I have gathered, an hour is what we will get at the track. I hear that 15 minutes is more than enough time for anyone; and, this is enough time to get a good workout.

This should prove to be very exciting. Hopefully, we can meet up for lunch or Dunch (thats between lunch and dinner):p
and chat about the track events.

BTW, there are cameras and displays showing racer rankings and positions.

We will keep you guys posted.

Thanks

Kevin (B L A D E)
Julian (spyderman33)

So we'll have the track for an hour then I take it? 14 carts is alot but not if 80% of the drivers know what they're doing. 14 is alot when most are just lolligaggin around the course and end up blockin you up as you get into the turns and what not. We should be fine with 14-16 carts.

2 heats would be pretty cool. and their lap counting/positioning system is pretty cool too.

Let us know the final date for sure.

Fellas,

I have a membership at MEGA. That place is SERIOUS.
Fast carts, the owners are very cool. (rubbing and bumping, 2 foot driving, etc.) as long as you don't get out of control. But, we have had to stop for cautions because some chump got properly introduced into the tire wall!

Mega goes like this, each session has 10 warm up / practice laps, and you will need them! Then, by the fastest laps times, you are lined up for a 15 lap race. Helmets are MANDATORY, and you will want one! Bring your own, if you have one. Motorcycle helmets are OK.

$50 gets you 3 sessions. By then, only the real men want any more track time, and we ALWAYS get the 4th session for an extra $10 a driver for who is up to it, but by then they are ready to close, so no one else is waiting. YOU WILL BE SORE after 3 consecutive sessions, as you will have to "lean" the cart like a motorcycle if you want to stay competitive. It's that fast, and that FUN. The track is long, and quite challenging. Ther are 2 sweepers, a few switch backs, a sick straightaway, and a very tight chicayne (spelling?). The track has 2 setups. Did you guys get a price for the long version, or the short? I have never run on the long before, as that is reserved for the real carts, not the rentals, but they might agree if we arrange in advance.

I have not yet run at the new indoor track, but it is high on the list of things to do!

-Z

Unfortunately, I have to bow out of this weekend's planned karting because of last minute travel to Europe for business and I am staying a couple of extra days for vacation.

I will be back on the 17th and will be available on 24th or 25th so if you guys can wait for me, I will be available then..

Kevin (BladesNSX) , will be running with this for now so post up what you guys want to do..

later

Julian

Back