• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

St. Louis area ownership

Don't get me wrong.... I don't mind being challenged every now and then, but not when there are cars to your left and to your right. You never know who is gonna pull out in front of you. Done the whole 130+ weaving in and out of traffic thing back when I had the Vette and had to call it off... too dangerous. Also, when I know a Mercedes E55 AMG pulls up wanting to have a go, my instincts tell me not to make a fool of yourself.... LMAO!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Btw, I am thinking of having my front end fully protected with a clear bra. However, I can't decide whether to use Clear Advantage or Clear Auto Bra. Any of you used either services?

Last edited:
I normally don't get messed with either except Saturday when on the overhead ramp left lane @ 60 from 370 to 270 north and a stupid person in an unnamed 4 dr sedan pulled out directly in front of me. I am thankful for the 270 swivel my head rotates on consistently, when I learned to fly years ago, and since there was room in the 2nd lane out, was already in 3rd slowing down, and punched it, only problem is I was way above the limit which I normally don't do. My instinct wished for a Sherman tank.......................never mind.
Wish I could help on the clear bra, Wendy @ Autohouse might have a recommendation.
D

I've used Clear Auto Bra on a couple of my cars. They did the NSX, as well as my JCW Mini. They are the contracted clear bra installer, or at least one of the installers, that Mini of St. Louis uses, so I assume the same would go for Autohaus. They also have the Plaza account. I found out about from Mark via my car audio fabricator, JML Audio. Josh from JML is extremely picky and if they're good enough for him, they should be good enough for anybody. The NSX has been covered for almost 3 years and zero issues with the film.

Kenny

I used Clear Advantage last summer to wrap my bumper, full hood and both fenders with XPEL Self Healing Film.

- - - Updated - - -

Someone needs to have a get together / barb-q at their house this Spring. Who wants to volunteer? :)

Hey Don, my friend was out and snapped this Nsx. I believe it just might be you pumping gas in her? Lol

- - - Updated - - -

I used Clear Advantage last summer to wrap my bumper, full hood and both fenders with XPEL Self Healing Film.

- - - Updated - - -

Someone needs to have a get together / barb-q at their house this Spring. Who wants to volunteer? :)

I completely agree! I know I'm new, but I would be down to use my house! Got a real good size deck we can BBQ and hang out on. It would be a good time! Just let me know a date and time that is best suited for all and we can get it together!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
Lets do it. I'd host it at my house, but we don't move in until May 23rd.

Caught in the act of filling the Dragon Lady and introducing an NSX to the North County area. A lot of folks have never seen one of these, and we can contribute to goal setting with kids who absolutely know what it is. I get the biggest kick letting teenagers just sit in it while my wife and I are out, and seeing the looks on their faces as they say "you're really going to let me do this"? Then they whip out their phones and take pics to show their buddies.

When I was a kid, someone let me drive their new Chevy ragtop, and I was in car heaven with a goal. It's up to us to give back the passion to the current generation, as there are a lot who could care less.

Caught in the act of filling the Dragon Lady and introducing an NSX to the North County area. A lot of folks have never seen one of these, and we can contribute to goal setting with kids who absolutely know what it is. I get the biggest kick letting teenagers just sit in it while my wife and I are out, and seeing the looks on their faces as they say "you're really going to let me do this"? Then they whip out their phones and take pics to show their buddies.

When I was a kid, someone let me drive their new Chevy ragtop, and I was in car heaven with a goal. It's up to us to give back the passion to the current generation, as there are a lot who could care less.

That's really cool of you to do that, Don. I have a bunch of car guy friends that have never seen an NSX in person, so that was one of the first things I did when I got back to town after buying mine. I put together a meet and let everyone hang out and sit in/ask questions about the car. They were SO stoked just to be able to be around it. I was really happy to be able to do that.

I'd be interested in the get together you all are thinking about doing, so if that's going to happen, I'd like to be in on it.

Waiting on pics of you're new ride, Scott.

That's really cool of you to do that, Don. I have a bunch of car guy friends that have never seen an NSX in person, so that was one of the first things I did when I got back to town after buying mine. I put together a meet and let everyone hang out and sit in/ask questions about the car. They were SO stoked just to be able to be around it. I was really happy to be able to do that.

I'd be interested in the get together you all are thinking about doing, so if that's going to happen, I'd like to be in on it.

Waiting on pics of you're new ride, Scott.

As soon as Spring decides to begin we can defiantly get a date for everyone. Skyler my computer has its issues, but as soon as this snow melts and stays away I am going to get the Nikon out & take some new pictures of her! :)

I've used HP as well. Good Guy - Good prices.

Thanks guys! I will be calling them tomorrow to see what they can do for me :)

- - - Updated - - -

Btw never got around to getting pics of the new NSX! Here's a few pics of her!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 15
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 15
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 15
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 13
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 14
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Cool! Love the cell phone snapshot pic! I tried to take one of those in the fall (when I bought mine) with the leaves reflecting on her and everyone kept asking me if the windshield was broken-guess I should have taken it in the day time, not under a street light. The wing, wheels, and front bumper all say track attack machine-looks purpose-built from the outside.

Cool! Love the cell phone snapshot pic! I tried to take one of those in the fall (when I bought mine) with the leaves reflecting on her and everyone kept asking me if the windshield was broken-guess I should have taken it in the day time, not under a street light. The wing, wheels, and front bumper all say track attack machine-looks purpose-built from the outside.

Thanks man! Some of those pictures are from previous owner, but as soon as weather is nice I will use my Nikon d3000 slr camera and have some nice photos for everyone to enjoy! Glad you like the setup. It defiantly appeals to me. I know it's a love/hate on the wing, but I love track setup cars and it will only get more aggressive the further into the build :)

Thanks man! Some of those pictures are from previous owner, but as soon as weather is nice I will use my Nikon d3000 slr camera and have some nice photos for everyone to enjoy! Glad you like the setup. It defiantly appeals to me. I know it's a love/hate on the wing, but I love track setup cars and it will only get more aggressive the further into the build :)

St.Louis hates big wings. Trust me, I know. I used to have one! I used to catch so much shit for it!

I'm tired of these crappy roads in St. Louis-so poorly kept. To be fair, we do get just about every type of weather here, but in Germany and Japan the average life span of asphalt is something like 3 times the life of roads in the US due to the use of higher-grade asphalt/cement and perhaps more thorough civil engineering? There are also no curves worth driving in an NSX anywhere in the city that don't have rough pavement/expansion joints/drainage grates. So, the back roads out in the county really lend themselves to our cars, however, you can't really explore any limits with confidence as it is always just too dangerous when driveways, blind curves, idiot drivers, bicyclists, zero run-off, and deer are thrown into the mix... It pays to stay within your comfort zone in that scenario which quickly turns into an anxiety-riddled affair. Going to a proper closed road course seems to be the answer. Yes it costs $$$$ when you add it all up, plus you typically need to travel which puts you away from the comfort of your own home, but I have found it to be worth it...so worth it, in fact, that I want to wake up everyday and pull my NSX out of the garage straight out onto a beautiful race track! So there's the answer, now all I need is 3 or 4 million dollars, should be easy! :-\

Anyway, keep us posted on when and where the next gathering will be, I promise I will keep my rants to myself!

I'm tired of these crappy roads in St. Louis-so poorly kept. To be fair, we do get just about every type of weather here, but in Germany and Japan the average life span of asphalt is something like 3 times the life of roads in the US due to the use of higher-grade asphalt/cement and perhaps more thorough civil engineering? There are also no curves worth driving in an NSX anywhere in the city that don't have rough pavement/expansion joints/drainage grates. So, the back roads out in the county really lend themselves to our cars, however, you can't really explore any limits with confidence as it is always just too dangerous when driveways, blind curves, idiot drivers, bicyclists, zero run-off, and deer are thrown into the mix... It pays to stay within your comfort zone in that scenario which quickly turns into an anxiety-riddled affair. Going to a proper closed road course seems to be the answer. Yes it costs $$$$ when you add it all up, plus you typically need to travel which puts you away from the comfort of your own home, but I have found it to be worth it...so worth it, in fact, that I want to wake up everyday and pull my NSX out of the garage straight out onto a beautiful race track! So there's the answer, now all I need is 3 or 4 million dollars, should be easy! :-\

Anyway, keep us posted on when and where the next gathering will be, I promise I will keep my rants to myself!

There are some pretty nice roads, you just gotta know where to find them.

You should go on some of the cruises with us. Lets just say, they are very spirited. A little too spirited for me. Some of the GT3 guys push their cars HARD on these roads.

St.Louis hates big wings. Trust me, I know. I used to have one! I used to catch so much shit for it!

I have actually got more love for the wing then hate. Plus its how I like it, not anyone else :) or previous owner that did it, but that's part of the reason this NSX caught my eye so much. I love the track look & I believe it has it! Only more to come now that it is in my hands.

- - - Updated - - -

There are some pretty nice roads, you just gotta know where to find them.

You should go on some of the cruises with us. Lets just say, they are very spirited. A little too spirited for me. Some of the GT3 guys push their cars HARD on these roads.

You sir, are exactly right. We went out few weekends back when we had one nice day & it was so much fun. I'm new around here, but my buddy with an M coupe showed me & I took the del sol out for the run. We went the back roads to Washington, MO. Where a lot of the winery's etc are at. It was a good time. Can't wait to go on some cruises and runs with the NSX.

Got onto 40 @ Lindbergh this afternoon and a black NSX snuck up right behind me. Very clean 93. First time in 8 years I have run into another NSX on the road. :)

Hope some of you got your cars out today.

Got onto 40 @ Lindbergh this afternoon and a black NSX snuck up right behind me. Very clean 93. First time in 8 years I have run into another NSX on the road. :)

I was wanting to get mine out, but I haven't got tags on her yet. I was waiting for an inspection, but I did take her around the neighborhood block! Lol

I sure did, the last 3 days actually, been driving my Dad around in it a lot, kind of a dream-realized car for both of us. I have Comptech headers and TAITEC exhaust with stock air box and I love the sound, especially with the windows down! I like winding up 2nd on the on ramp-can only imagine what you guys with the FI cars feel!

Hey STL crew, I am not sure if yall go out to the Sonic on Thursday nights in the Valley, but I should be there if the weather corporates. Also, will be going to Midnight Madness Friday night. I have never been to one, so I figured I would go and check it out. Any of yall down for either of those events coming up? If so, I would like to meet up with some fellow NSX Prime members. Let me know!

Wife going off to baby shower, the Dragon Lady needs some exercise. Thinking about the sale at Designs in Motion in the Valley and a stop at Trader Joes. Hope that the rain holds off.

Back