• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

St. Louis area ownership

New NSX Dreamer

Hi St. Louis Friends,
I am planning on selling my beloved S2000 so that I may purchase an NSX. I have always dreamed of owning an NSX. I am sure all of you know what I mean... I have been actively reading and posting on the NSX Prime website and I am really learning a lot.
I would enjoy if I may attend one of your get togethers and meet some of you so that I may ask questions and have good contacts.
I look forward to purchasing my dream car and I will appreciate any advice. Thanks. Dave

Welcome Dave, I am just the driver of this legendary machine that I have dreamed of owning since it first came out, however any help we can be, just LMK. I blame my son-in-law for pushing me to buying one. As a matter of fact, every time I hear Boston's "more than a feeling" which he made sure was on his stereo the first time I drove his, I text him "Your fault". <ggg>

Yesterday while my wife was at a baby shower, out to Designs in Motion in the valley, and purchased the TSM 2012 Concept from the North American Auto Show in 1/43. (small enough to bring into the house in a small bag, so when it is seen, I can say "oh it's been here a while"). Beautiful likeness, and less than Ebay. Then today, out to St. Charles to buy window shades, how great is that! Any old excuse to get the Dragon Lady out of the garage. It shows OK, and she's been ridden byk 4 former owners, but the best part is that it drives like nothing else.

While my wife doesn't appreciate the car, yesterday on the way to Trader Joe's, in 2nd, despite the fact that mine is all stock, I heard the bark as we got rid of the frustration of the slow mover in front. It doesn't get much better than this.
Best,</ggg>

Last edited:
Hi Don,
Nice to hear from you. That is a great story about the first song you heard in your NSX. I never heard of the store Designs In Motion. I looked it up on the internet and that sounds like the kind of store I would really like. Thanks for mentioning it. I am keeping my eyes open on Craigslist, cars.com, ebay, NSX Prime and anywhere else I might be able to find an NSX to purchase. Any tricks of the trade, or anything special I should be looking for or not looking for? I am looking for one that is stock if possible. I am not interested in racing, just driving it around town and appreciating the car that it is..... I would like to find a lower mileage one around the years '93-'95 range if possible. Thanks and have fun.

Welcome, I hope you find one soon! This weather has been great all week! I know I have been out the past 2 days constantly driving her around. 273 miles to be exact :eek: hope we can all get something together soon!

Anybody going to be out and about today? Supposed to be close to 80 degrees! I know I will be out, but wouldn't mind meeting up with a few fellow members! Yesterday I did run into one older Japanese guy that approached me at Costco & said he had an '01 NSX about 10 years ago and knew a few guys on prime. He was kind of hard to understand, but seemed like a cool guy. Also was at a small car show in the Costco parking lot in South County area and one of the guys there has a bone stock 91' with 40k miles on it. He didn't bring It out, but nonetheless cool guy to chat with. So, anyways I hope some of y'all chime in and can possibly meet up!

I would have been, however, after yesterday however, (I must not have been logged in to post, good thing, as it wasn't pretty, I'm still feeling a bit crispy), it will not be till next week after I install the front plate holder I just ordered from DelRay Acura in FL, (discounted parts). Don't drive through Maryland Heights without one. Taking my lovely wife to a baby shower again, 2 old people in the car, and lo and behold, 5 under the 45 limit, the Grandpa gets a $75 ticket. Had just passed a trooper directing traffic @ 370. One would think the first time and clean record, a warning. HA HA not there. Mine didn't come with one, and had tried to order a stealth bracket earlier and it wasn't available and believe it or not, I forgot about it. His comment, so you've had the car over a year.

Last edited:
Omega,
WAZZAT U I passed in my slate RL on Lindberg Southbound just North of the underpass at the airport @ about 4:45 as I was returning from Nashville? Couldn't miss the profile. You must work North of the airport, and were brave today with all the WX around the St. Louis area.

Don

Cars & Coffee this Saturday morning. Is anyone going?

Where and what time?????????????????????????????????

Saturday, April 20th at the Starbucks at 9616 Manchester, 2 blocks west of the McKnight / Rock Hill Road intersection, begins at 8:15 am.

next time ill be with you guys! heard it was a good turn out, but I had to go back home, so I couldn't make it :(

- - - Updated - - -

any good recommendations for a front end alignment? I need one for the NSX. I need a place that knows what they are doing and accepts very low cars! Let me know. Thanks

next time ill be with you guys! heard it was a good turn out, but I had to go back home, so I couldn't make it :(

- - - Updated - - -

any good recommendations for a front end alignment? I need one for the NSX. I need a place that knows what they are doing and accepts very low cars! Let me know. Thanks

Pure Performance. Dozier can do it there for you. I need to get mine done too, mine is slammed.

Awesome! Thanks a lot man! You need to let me check your car out Eric!

Likewise.... this warm weather is killing me. I want to drive my damn car!

What color are your wheels? I buddy of mine messaged me on FB, asking if I knew someone that has a black nsx with bronze or gold wheels. Is that you?

Likewise.... this warm weather is killing me. I want to drive my damn car!

What color are your wheels? I buddy of mine messaged me on FB, asking if I knew someone that has a black nsx with bronze or gold wheels. Is that you?

No that wasn't me. I have black rpf1s, but soon to get powder coated :)

and yeah May needs to come around faster, so you can get it out of the storage unit!

What color are you changing them to?

No that wasn't me. I have black rpf1s, but soon to get powder coated :)

and yeah May needs to come around faster, so you can get it out of the storage unit!

What color are you changing them to?

I got an appointment setup with Pur Performance on Thursday! I asked for Dozier, but he had just left. Thanks though Eric, I hope they do a good job! As far as wheel color I am going a little off the wall here, but I want something different for the NSX. I have to first get some suspension first before I do so, but I am going with a Candy Teal. Along with Candy Teal valve covers. I believe it will look great and make the black pop! I'm sure some will dis like, but its all good!

Back