• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

***STICKY*** Gen1 NSX Current Market Analysis

In a nutshell, the sample sizes for the NA2 car sales are too small (n<30) to draw statistically significant conclusions. You'll get funny variances like the 95-96 ones above. However, they are still useful data points and this tool should be a first step in valuing any NSX. I was three credits shy of a statistics minor in college, Tim. :)

I see what you are seeing, and agree, that is weird. But in no world is a 95-96 targa worth more than a similar mileage 97-01 NA2 targa. My guess is that the data is skewed due to limited sales of 97-01 NA2 targas.

My guess is most people looking to buy one do not know about the big updates that went into NA2. There ought to be at least a 20k premium just like the msrp for NA1 vs NA2.

Estimate for a 97 with 100k miles?

My guess is most people looking to buy one do not know about the big updates that went into NA2. There ought to be at least a 20k premium just like the msrp for NA1 vs NA2.

75-85k depending on conditions and if no accidents.

Depends on what you're looking for.
The 91-94 coupes were lighter, manual steering, no side impact beams,
passenger airbag added 1994
steering changed in 95
later cars were more powerful but the earlier ones rev'ed faster
91-94 1370kg
95-96 1425 kg
97 -01 1435kg
So if you wan the original design, manual steering, 5 speed - Sena influenced etc.
- earlier cars might be worth more to some.

When Paul and Todd of Everyday Driver reviewed my 1995 car along side Marios 1997 they said they actually preferred the 95 on the twisty mountain roads. And privately said the later upgrades didnt make that much difference except in a tiny bit more torque in the NA2. They said the NA1 5-Speed seemed better mated to engine than the 6-speed and actually preferred it. On paper, and maybe in the hands of a pro driver the NA2s are better but those guys test lots of cars and they didnt see much difference in the real world. I suspect, as I did, most people drive NA1s and NA2s, and evaluate the real world feel and buy the best car for the money. I know I did. For most avg drivers the superior specs of an NA2 could be easily cancelled out by a better condition but older lower mileage NA1 car.

When Paul and Todd of Everyday Driver reviewed my 1995 car along side Marios 1997 they said they actually preferred the 95 on the twisty mountain roads. And privately said the later upgrades didnt make that much difference except in a tiny bit more torque in the NA2. They said the NA1 5-Speed seemed better mated to engine than the 6-speed and actually preferred it. On paper, and maybe in the hands of a pro driver the NA2s are better but those guys test lots of cars and they didnt see much difference in the real world. I suspect, as I did, most people drive NA1s and NA2s, and evaluate the real world feel and buy the best car for the money. I know I did. For most avg drivers the superior specs of an NA2 could be easily cancelled out by a better condition but older lower mileage NA1 car.
Well the 92, 95, 97 I test drove were not all equal. I felt the 92 was solid because it was not a targa but was lacking pull in gear 2 and 3. The 95 felt slow and not as rigid with the targa. The 97 had much more pull and more fun with the targa. But I had chance to buy a Zanardi #2 for 5k more but passed it up because at the time to have a targa seemed more cool. What a terrible mistake lol

Just repeating what the independent reviewers said. When shopping I drove a 94, the 95, a 97 and a 00 in that order. All in the 30-35k mi range. In the end their just wasnt enough difference in performance to offset the 95s superior condition at a $10k lower price.

Last edited:
Back