• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

STMPO NSX Build - STMPO Race Products K20NSX Time Attack Race Car

Status
Not open for further replies.
... were on the fence right now trying to decide whether or not were gonna keep making nsx parts.

Ross,

What do you mean by your statement above? Not making NSX parts? I am sure the rest of Primers would want to be filled in? Or are you just directing your statement towards the K20 swap? Let us know.

Ross,

What do you mean by your statement above? Not making NSX parts? I am sure the rest of Primers would want to be filled in? Or are you just directing your statement towards the K20 swap? Let us know.

If you read threw some of his previous post, it seems there's not enough parts flying off the shelves even at the price that he sells them. He's offering us really great products at a really great price and not really making to much, if any money off of them. They’re also providing to a lot of promotional products for a lot of people such as hats and t-shirts, even some free parts for the show us your STMPO and win prizes thread. They also spent a lot of money for NSXPO 2009 providing hats, shirts, and gift certificates without any return. This is what I've seen from reading the threads and what not. I'm sure there's other reasons as well, but this is all I can remember at the moment.

Last edited:
If you read threw some of his previous post, it seems there's not enough parts flying off the shelves even at the price that he sells them. He's offering us really great products at a really great price and not really making to much, if any money off of them. They’re also providing to a lot of promotional products for a lot of people such as hats and t-shirts, even some free parts for the show us your STMPO and win prizes thread. They also spent a lot of money for NSXPO 2009 providing hats, shirts, and gift certificates without any return. This is what I've seen from reading the threads and what not. I'm sure there's other reasons as well, but this is all I can remember at the moment.

You nailed it Moses...

I cost me 9,000.00 to send 200 boxes and 6000.00 in gift certs to NSXPO. I didnt loose the other 6k in gift certs... not a single person called, emailed, or even thanked us. The rep recieved the 5' x 5' x 7' crate was so estatic at such a kind jester... he has never even bought a part from us.

We made a RSTB that eliminated cowl shake... something the ct bar never did... we priced it at 1/2 of comptechs so people would own them... we sold 11...

I love my NSX'es... all of them. I will never stop driving them. But if we cant generate more sales... we move on.

What were supposed to do will present itself... we just have to look for the signs and follow them.

Regards

You nailed it Moses...

I cost me 9,000.00 to send 200 boxes and 6000.00 in gift certs to NSXPO. I didn't loose the other 6k in gift certs... not a single person called, emailed, or even thanked us. The rep recieved the 5' x 5' x 7' crate was so estatic at such a kind jester... he has never even bought a part from us.

Ross, We are very thankful for your support of NSXPO 2009 and did indeed send you the attached email followed up by a Phone call.

The attached email was sent to you on behalf of the NSXPO 09 Planning committee.

Bram

from Bram Maharaj <[email protected]>
[email protected]

[email protected]

date Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 2:13 PM
subjectNSXPO '09
mailed-bygmail.com

hide details 8/10/09

Hello Ross,

On Behalf of the NSXPO '09 planning committee and the NSX Club of America and Canada, we would like to thank Stmpo Race Products for your generous donation to NSXPO '09.
This year's NSXPO is going be a grand event, with the entire weekend packed with activities for NSX enthusiast from both US and Canada.

I'm attaching a copy of the NSXPO '09 Flyer that we have produced for the Event.

Awesome update! I've been waiting to see this since you posted the teaser pics in the weight reduction thread. Can't wait to see it running. Keep up the good work.

Here comes the turbo.... WAY DIFFERENT THAN A C30A.... IN A GOOD WAY

Enjoy,

k20 turbo 001.jpg k20 turbo 002.jpg k20 turbo 003.jpg

Regards

Ross: do you guys plan on using air-cooled or liquid-cooled intercooler?

reading this post makes me want to buy another nsx with a blown or no motor! especially theres a k20 motor collecting dust in the garage.

keep up the good work!

Ross: do you guys plan on using air-cooled or liquid-cooled intercooler?

reading this post makes me want to buy another nsx with a blown or no motor! especially theres a k20 motor collecting dust in the garage.

keep up the good work!

ata innercooler...

Is your k20 a k20a2 / k20a3 / or k20z1?

Regards

came out a 2007 civic si. I believe its k20z3 with 6 speed.

I love the idea of having a 500whp 4 cylinder engine :)

can't wait to see the exhaust manifold and cooler set up.

if you have the k20z3 type - s 6-speed I-Vtech... your in good shape.

The k20 comes in many shapes and sizes... some with v-tech on only one cam...

The k20a2 / k20z1 / and k20z3 are really the only ones worth a shit...

When Honda launched the b-series... you could put a vtech head on any b-series motor handa made...

The k20a3 had clearence issues (accord/civic/crv)

the k20z3 is a HUGE motor to have laying around....

Regards

Ross, long time no talk...So glad to see you finally unveil this project and that it's coming along so nicely. Best of luck on it and thanks for taking us along on the ride of creating this!:biggrin:

Ross, long time no talk...So glad to see you finally unveil this project and that it's coming along so nicely. Best of luck on it and thanks for taking us along on the ride of creating this!:biggrin:

Thanks Nick... were gonna be in LA soon... I'll look you up...

Regards

^^^

Wow...this is really amazing and I haven't been around the site in a while so I missed out on much of the beginnings. Not sure where you guys are located but like every other shop I'm sure it's the West coast which sucks (for me) because I'd love to take a look at the project......every day. I would even volunteer an extra set of hands if you needed it.

I am interested in what type of turbo that is in there. Honestly I'm not completely up on my "turbo models" as I am a SC guy. However, I know some are much quicker spooling than others. I'm curious because one of the things I love about my setup is the linear feeling on the track that my SC gives me because of its near perfectly flat power curve. The turbo setups are great for the drag strip but I see way too many making 700whp starting at like 6500RPM and 150whp down low. That type of crazy power spike always conjured up visions of "guardrail implantation" in my head....... along with fond memories of the old Porsche 930s :)

^^^

Wow...this is really amazing and I haven't been around the site in a while so I missed out on much of the beginnings. Not sure where you guys are located but like every other shop I'm sure it's the West coast which sucks (for me) because I'd love to take a look at the project......every day. I would even volunteer an extra set of hands if you needed it.

I am interested in what type of turbo that is in there. Honestly I'm not completely up on my "turbo models" as I am a SC guy. However, I know some are much quicker spooling than others. I'm curious because one of the things I love about my setup is the linear feeling on the track that my SC gives me because of its near perfectly flat power curve. The turbo setups are great for the drag strip but I see way too many making 700whp starting at like 6500RPM and 150whp down low. That type of crazy power spike always conjured up visions of "guardrail implantation" in my head....... along with fond memories of the old Porsche 930s :)

You can come kick it with us anytime man... we have a ton to show ya...

On the turbo for the k series... Were using a very efficient gt3076. A small turbo that will give us a fast spool and enough horsepower on a straight power curve. We keeping power under control to take advantage of the weight savings....

Turbo's can make power in a straight line... so many people talked about spool times... we have the lowest rpm to hit 300 horse... 4250 rpm that kit uses the gt35r with an ata using cooled air from a snorkle

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XIfYqSiQDdM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XIfYqSiQDdM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Thats a pump gas number because we feel its the gas that counts for manufacturing numbers... I havent seen any other dyno sheet that shows 300 whp before 4300

546 dyno chart.jpg

BTW - We have access to a new blower that was the upgrade to the rotrex... it could raise your redline some. Im not sure whast kit your running... but I'd love to see and hear about it...

Regards

I'm going to take this offline and PM you going forward however real quick on my CRX setup..... please feel free to look at my specs and build album in my signature. I spent a lot of time documenting that build. I'm the original owner of my Rex and that car means the world to me.

I would love to hear about the rotex blower because my biggest issue is the fact that my M62 has peaked in efficiency, it simply can't produce enough CFM to keep up with my almost 2.1 liter engine. Above 7800 rpm my torque starts to drop off and my whp flattens. I am at 292 whp and Jeff Evans figures my setup is good for about 315 whp if I could get more air into the engine. I'm also stuck because I have reached RPM limit of my M62, I can't simply spin it faster to get more air, she's maxed out. Any higher and I am risking heating the blower too much and causing rotor swell and failure. I did a ton of math before building this engine and my results indicating loss of CFM and blower inefficiencies were spot on. Unfortunately I had nothing else to work with.

The Eaton TVS supercharges are out now which are truly insane however nobody is selling a counter-rotating blower anymore since Honda finally joined the rest of the world and started spinning their engine the correct way :) I would assume the rotex blower you have is also non-counter rotating as well. I have a custom manifold with Lavinova cores running through them cooling the intake charge so any blower I get would have to have the same mounting outlet port as my M62 or else I would need to do even more fabrication work. This plus the fact that my engine setup with a blower barely fits in an EF chassis. I am completely out of room as you can see in my build album (especially since I run AC as well ;) )

edit.... just googled the rotex blower. Awesome design however it looks like it would be a complete re-design of my system. From blower mounting, driving it, aftercooler, intake, even my cam choices and exhaust header.

-talk to you soon!!

Last edited:
I'm going to take this offline and PM you going forward however real quick on my CRX setup..... please feel free to look at my specs and build album in my signature. I spent a lot of time documenting that build. I'm the original owner of my Rex and that car means the world to me.

I would love to hear about the rotex blower because my biggest issue is the fact that my M62 has peaked in efficiency, it simply can't produce enough CFM to keep up with my almost 2.1 liter engine. Above 7800 rpm my torque starts to drop off and my whp flattens. I am at 292 whp and Jeff Evans figures my setup is good for about 315 whp if I could get more air into the engine. I'm also stuck because I have reached RPM limit of my M62, I can't simply spin it faster to get more air, she's maxed out. Any higher and I am risking heating the blower too much and causing rotor swell and failure. I did a ton of math before building this engine and my results indicating loss of CFM and blower inefficiencies were spot on. Unfortunately I had nothing else to work with.

The Eaton TVS supercharges are out now which are truly insane however nobody is selling a counter-rotating blower anymore since Honda finally joined the rest of the world and started spinning their engine the correct way :) I would assume the rotex blower you have is also non-counter rotating as well. I have a custom manifold with Lavinova cores running through them cooling the intake charge so any blower I get would have to have the same mounting outlet port as my M62 or else I would need to do even more fabrication work. This plus the fact that my engine setup with a blower barely fits in an EF chassis. I am completely out of room as you can see in my build album (especially since I run AC as well ;) )

edit.... just googled the rotex blower. Awesome design however it looks like it would be a complete re-design of my system. From blower mounting, driving it, aftercooler, intake, even my cam choices and exhaust header.

-talk to you soon!!

sounds good man... if I can get closer pics of the engine bay... I can give a better idea of what we can help with..

BTW - The charger we have access to is actually an upgrade of the rotrex.. second gen direct from the manufacture... not rotrex... the kit builder

Regards

really enjoying this build! Hope to see more of the progress pics!

Brings back the NSX love! And you're not kidding about all parts being expensive.

I KNOW HOW MUCH IT WEIGHS, BUT I CAN'T TELL!

YOU GUYS ARE GOING TO SHIT IN YOUR PANTS WHEN YOU FIND OUT. :biggrin:

I KNOW HOW MUCH IT WEIGHS, BUT I CAN'T TELL!

YOU GUYS ARE GOING TO SHIT IN YOUR PANTS WHEN YOU FIND OUT. :biggrin:

lol... it's not the lightest NSX ever made...

2700792095_805573f304[1].jpg

but it WILL BE THE LIGHTEST NSX that drives... and i'll take the pepsi challenge to anyone on that...

Regards

WELL... I guess I have to except that fact that this car build wont be in the car build section... sometimes being the outsider has it's benifits... but this time it feels like not being part of a community.

I also feel that downforce track project needs to go there to... the thread hasent been bumped since 4/08/2010.. and the custom and metal fab in this post alone should be in a place that recieves more views...

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1278384&postcount=11

I'm excited to show the cars progress but I also need to keep certain parts propriatary until we debute the car... we will have everything were not posting in a car build diary video after it begins it's race career.

As CL65captain mentioned... something big is about to hit the main stage...

Were excited to debute this... for those interested in the k20 idea... I have included pics showing how the k20 allows for a lower motor mount with less angle degree on the axles. plus a pic of the flat black nsx as well.. to help everyone understand the body lines

Were also taking advantage of the aluminum chassis in more ways than one.. this will be one very ridgid... very lightweight... very balanced... and very powerful vehicle

I hope you enjoy....

k20 update 11.jpg k20 update 10.jpg k20 update 9.jpg k20 update 8.jpg k20 update 7.jpg k20 update 6.jpg k20 update 5.jpg k20 update 4.jpg k20 update 3.jpg k20 update 2.jpg k20 update.jpg

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back