• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

STMPO NSX Build - STMPO Race Products K20NSX Time Attack Race Car

Status
Not open for further replies.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• k20 nsx intake manifold 4.jpg
    k20 nsx intake manifold 4.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 4,789
  • k20 nsx intake manifold 3.jpg
    k20 nsx intake manifold 3.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 4,395
  • k20 nsx intake manifold 2.jpg
    k20 nsx intake manifold 2.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 4,394
  • k20 nsx intake manifold.jpg
    k20 nsx intake manifold.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 5,677
  • nsx chassis.jpg
    nsx chassis.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 4,404
  • k20 nsx chassis.jpg
    k20 nsx chassis.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 4,849
  • k20 nsx chassis 2.jpg
    k20 nsx chassis 2.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 5,673
  • k20 nsx chassis 3.jpg
    k20 nsx chassis 3.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 4,830
  • k20 nsx chassis 4.jpg
    k20 nsx chassis 4.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 5,639
  • k20 nsx chassis 5.jpg
    k20 nsx chassis 5.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 4,349
attachment.php

Are you building an Ariel Atom? LOL...

Attachments

• P1020553.jpg
    P1020553.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 6,235
  • P1020555.jpg
    P1020555.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 5,529
  • P1020556.jpg
    P1020556.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 4,075
  • P1020557.jpg
    P1020557.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 5,660
Ross you guys are doing fantastic work however you may want to look into using the k24 instead. There is a reason why all of the RealTime car use it and not the k20, realiability.

Keep up pushing the envelope and let us know what the final weight of the car is!!!

Just incase you wanted to see other results from k20's over k24's... The RSX that stole the show in it's class at Bonneville this year... had a "de-stroked" K20.... all the way down to 1.5l

Team Hondata takes 9 records
Hondata’s RSX and CRX scooped the pool with an impressive 9 class records at this year’s Bonneville speedweek.

Running a de-stroked K20 to give it 1.5 litres capacity, the Hondata RSX took 5 class records with a Kraftwerks supercharger kit and one with nitrous. The Hondata CRX with a nitrous assisted 2.1 took Miriam Macmillan over 200 MPH and earned her a coveted red 200 mph hat.

http://www.hondata.com/hondata_speedweek_2010_press_release.html

Our build is set up to rev higher and have more power than this 05 RSX... which goes 205 MPH at 9500 rpm in 6th gear....

2005 Acura RSX
K20a 89mm by 61mm - 1.5 litre
Cunningham Rods
Darton Sleeves
CP Pistons - 8.8 compression ratio
IPS K2 camshafts
ID 2000cc injectors
Hondata K-Pro
Kraftwerks intake manifold
3" exhaust
Rotrex C38-71 supercharger
549 wheel Hp at 9600 RPM
205 mph at 9500 rpm

This was a stright line competition but to show those who are "unfamiliar" with the k20, I-Vtech, and the possibilities with the motor... here is one paragraph you have to read.

Miriam joined the club running her Honda with a high-performance nitrous oxide fuel mix and special aerodynamic enhancements to the car’s nose and underbelly. She smashed the previous record for her class by 28mph (45kph) and the vehicles she outpaced along the way included a Ferrari Enzo, which is one of the world’s fastest production road cars.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Regards

Attachments

• k20 ata.radiator.jpg
    k20 ata.radiator.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 4,046
  • k20 ata.radiator 2.jpg
    k20 ata.radiator 2.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 4,031
  • k20 ata.radiator 3.jpg
    k20 ata.radiator 3.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 4,032
  • k20 ata.radiator 4.jpg
    k20 ata.radiator 4.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 4,032
Not to be "that guy" Ross, but it's actually "vtec" not "vtech" i can't stand it when i see people make that mistake in the honda community.

awesome build

Not to be "that guy" Ross, but it's actually "vtec" not "vtech" i can't stand it when i see people make that mistake in the honda community.

awesome build

thanks man... I wish I had more time to proof read... but to much is on my plate right now... sorry for the typo

Is that the radiator in the back?

What are those holding up the inner cooler? Those look like those engine damper mounts.

Stephen

They were originaly sold to me that way yes...

Looking good Ross... fabrication looks awesome. Can't wait to see it at the track.

Thanks man.. I just emailed you your tracking number on your RSTB... Brake Ducts.. and hats

Is that the radiator in the back?

Yes it is... not having a hold in the front of the car gains tons of downforce

Our radiator design creates additional downforce as well.

About time for some freaking updates? Dude did you sell that franken-NSX or what? post photos........:cool:

I just picked up some parts from STMPO. A CF glove box lid, CF seat control covers, and a STMPO anodized coolant tank. Excellent quality and service.

The coolant tank is a work of art. We need more vendors for our cars....STMPO is great one!

Technojam
Houston, Texas

DUDE YOUR AN ARTIST. Your work is seriously amazing to look at. No one else on prime is doing what you are, pushing the boundries and trying things out no one here has the balls to do so.

Hi,

I'm really amazed with the effort you put into making this happen. I had to register and give Kudos to you.

I want to add that for the k-series... you should consider running a tubular manifold rather than a log.. (from the pictures.. it looks like u are running a Revhard manifold b/c of the way the turbo is mounted).

Just my 0.2 cents.

Max.

Hi,

I'm really amazed with the effort you put into making this happen. I had to register and give Kudos to you.

I want to add that for the k-series... you should consider running a tubular manifold rather than a log.. (from the pictures.. it looks like u are running a Revhard manifold b/c of the way the turbo is mounted).

Just my 0.2 cents.

Max.

Max,

Thanks man... Kudo's are far and few between on this website. I opened up updates to my friends on facebook instead.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001018403939#!/album.php?aid=25884&id=100001018403939

Invite me as a friend and you'll get updates... [email protected]

I havent updated this thread on the intake manifold progress with recent pics... there kinda old... check out the facebook pics and you'll find progress there.

We also arent using a single revhard part.. everything is being done in-house. The turbo set up will not have charge piping. The turbo cold side will connect to the hotside of the ata... the t-body will connect to the cold side of the air to air. The ending goal will be to have itb's inside a plenem branching off the cold side of the ATA.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Our long straight intake runners are helping us make a T-body intake manifold designed for clearance of the itb intake manifold.

I look forward to seeing you on facebook.

Regards

Attachments

• k20 turbo manifold 2.jpg
    k20 turbo manifold 2.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 3,431
  • k20 ata.jpg
    k20 ata.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 3,261
That my friend, is SICK!

Ross---Can you help me out brother? I can't get ahold of you in regards to helping me put another one of these swaps together. EMail or PM me back as there is no answer on your phone, you have my contact info. Thanks

Holy Hell this is epic! I just stumbled on this and I am totally in awe. Can you imagine how cool straight pipes on a 1.5l turbo @ 10k. straight exhaust

1985 f1 spec LOVE IT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbB1qwhKaaE

I hope you guy make a kit for this. respect.

Thanks for the respect... funny how simple and complex things can be... to do .. and also for people to understand

thanks for the vid... started to remind me I love car technology again

Won,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back