• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

STMPO NSX Build - STMPO Race Products K20NSX Time Attack Race Car

Status
Not open for further replies.
The motor and turbo progress began today... and we did have something cool planned with the intake manifold... Reverse the inlet direction without loosing the stock angled inlet on the cast flange... oh yeah... and the OEM cast velocity stocks found inside the plentum... lol Not all K-series motors have the same intake manifold... but they all do have the same intake flange...

So since every honda since 2002 has this motor... there may have been some models offered that needed more torque down low... and maybe Honda put velocity stacks in there intake manifold to get it... but this is all just a big "maybe" :smile:

Stock intake

k20nsx intake manifold 3.jpg

Modified intake

k20nsx intake manifold 2.jpg k20nsx intake manifold 4.jpg k20nsx intake manifold.jpg

our intake plentum will actually sit opposite of the stock location... on top.. allowing the throttle body to be mounted grabbing air above.

turbo cold side.jpg

Regards

Ross,

your build is amazing, i am at work right now (just got off the phone with you) but i am going to go over this with a fine toothed comb when i get home. I can't wait to see this on track.

keep the shiny side up until then!

Ross,

your build is amazing, i am at work right now (just got off the phone with you) but i am going to go over this with a fine toothed comb when i get home. I can't wait to see this on track.

keep the shiny side up until then!

Thanks Johnathan....

first NSX Powered by this thing.....

k20 update 001.jpg

Regards

Today we finished the 3"roof top... driver engine air duct...finshing touches on the main hoop ... cf widebody aero wheel wells...

We did something super cool when we built the FXMD NSX Cage using a special CF material when it was here earlier this year... were gonna take things to a whole new level on this car

attachment.php

and we made a cool custom FSTB race version for a customer....

Right Here...

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1330812#post1330812

Enjoy...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I think were gonna be the first ones to pull of an HSV-10 rear mount style spoiler....

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• k20 update well.jpg
    k20 update well.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 3,202
  • k20 update 001.jpg
    k20 update 001.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 2,829
  • k20 update well 2.jpg
    k20 update well 2.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 2,810
  • k20 update well 3.jpg
    k20 update well 3.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 2,792
  • k20 update well 6.jpg
    k20 update well 6.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 2,775
  • k20 update well 9.jpg
    k20 update well 9.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 2,777
  • k20 update well 10.jpg
    k20 update well 10.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 2,796
  • k20 update wing.jpg
    k20 update wing.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 4,369
  • k20 update wing 2.jpg
    k20 update wing 2.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 3,027
Looks like its coming along nicely!

Subtle wing.... LOL...

Ross,

This car is going to be TOUGH!

Looking at your pics ... my little eye saw something that others may not have seen and you do not have tell us until the car is done ... but it looks like the height of the car is much lower. Almost like you chopped and lowered the roof?

I noticed this from the height of he snorkle and in comparison to the red/yellow NSX in the back ground.

Being lower will this more areo and again ... weight saving. This car is going to be KILLER.

Need to find a major sponsor!!!!

Ross,

This car is going to be TOUGH!

Looking at your pics ... my little eye saw something that others may not have seen and you do not have tell us until the car is done ... but it looks like the height of the car is much lower. Almost like you chopped and lowered the roof?

I noticed this from the height of he snorkle and in comparison to the red/yellow NSX in the back ground.

Being lower will this more areo and again ... weight saving. This car is going to be KILLER.

Need to find a major sponsor!!!!

YEAP... 3" roof chop... driver sits laid back with a bottom mount tilton pedal set up...

Regards

Ross,

Any of the engine parts, manifolds, etc. ceramic coated and/or extrude honed?

We did a bore and hone on the head and fully built and sleeved motor.... If money and time allow.. we would be using WPC treatment on almost everythin...

Very Nice! :)

Looking forward to seeing the car run at one of our events!

PM Sent... ;-)

lol... were looking forward to taking the car there and seeing our driver stand on your podeum too...

Regards

Ross you guys are doing fantastic work however you may want to look into using the k24 instead. There is a reason why all of the RealTime car use it and not the k20, realiability.

Keep up pushing the envelope and let us know what the final weight of the car is!!!

Ross you guys are doing fantastic work however you may want to look into using the k24 instead. There is a reason why all of the RealTime car use it and not the k20, realiability.

Keep up pushing the envelope and let us know what the final weight of the car is!!!

Nice catch...

The realtime team uses the extra displacement of the k24 to muscle the heavy RSX around NA.

With the smaller bottom end... we are able to control our powerband on the turbo and keep the revs high with the k-pro...

I cant tell you weight until the superlap battle event in Novemeber... I just need to sell a few odds and ends to finish what the car needs... it could be a historical event if I can make it to testing in 45 days.

Givin you 5... hitin it around to the backside of the hand... followed by a knuckle pound... then blow it up,

I know the weight. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I can't tell any white dudes without a joint how much it weighs...lol

but here is the floor support coming along...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Givin you 5... hitin it around to the backside of the hand... followed by a knuckle pound... then blow it up,

Attachments

• k20nsx floor support 1.jpg
    k20nsx floor support 1.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 2,621
  • k20nsx floor support 2.jpg
    k20nsx floor support 2.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 3,968
  • k20nsx floor support 3.jpg
    k20nsx floor support 3.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 2,308
  • k20nsx floor support 4.jpg
    k20nsx floor support 4.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 2,308
I can't tell any white dudes without a joint how much it weighs...lol

I was about to say that I know the weight too, but then I saw your comment.. You caught me! :wink:

you pretty much nailed what the next group of mods for my NSX will be lol

-widebody which your fender have to be my favorite along with FXMD's
-K swap fully built and boosted, I already have an aem ems so probably go that route instead.
- get my GTN's rebarrled to fit the wide body.

me and you will be talking in a year or so, I may just have to ship my baby to you cause this all looks fanastic, just a little more street lol

you pretty much nailed what the next group of mods for my NSX will be lol

-widebody which your fender have to be my favorite along with FXMD's
-K swap fully built and boosted, I already have an aem ems so probably go that route instead.
- get my GTN's rebarrled to fit the wide body.

me and you will be talking in a year or so, I may just have to ship my baby to you cause this all looks fanastic, just a little more street lol

word bro... we have the swap down... lots of fab and cost though.

the next car platform will be exciting... I hate the car though.. I would love to bring this race concept to the street....

attachment.php

gonna have to put this sticker on it though.

Attachments

• k20nsx logo.jpg
    k20nsx logo.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 2,579
word bro... we have the swap down... lots of fab and cost though.

the next car platform will be exciting... I hate the car though.. I would love to bring this race concept to the street....

attachment.php

gonna have to put this sticker on it though.

hahah np here, I bleed honda blue and worked for the dealer for years... shit zI had blodisign help make me a tat which every chuckles at but when they see it they are like oh... thats actualy pretty cool lol

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120843

Last edited:
Ross, it looks like the car has come a long way in not too long of a timespan. you have to keep bustin' a$$ on it to get it finished. i will be excited when i am out at the superlap battle and see you and your car in person. keep with the updates.

and the fender "liners" look ridiculously hot

Ross,
all is looking wicked. Great progress. You are a wizard with that welder. Fantastic
Hoping to see you and this masterpiece soon.

If you are looking for fueling options for the K, shoot me a PM. We might have something for ya. :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back