• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Stock NSX or Boosted 350Z?

I think it did but I had to play Devils Advocate.:wink:

I bet you $5 dollars if this was posted on my350z.com you would hear things like the 91-01 NSX looks really old especially with those ugly pop-up 1980's headlamps. While I agree that the pop-up headlamps look horrible (my own opinion) they would go on and on.

Most of you are correct, the 350z is as common as a civic. I see 3-4 a day in San Fran. and maybe 1 NSX a month in OEM form let alone a slammed, modified one.:smile:

MiamieNeSeX said:
Let the mass stroking begin for choosing the right car.:rolleyes: Hmmm did Prime have anything to do with it?

Armando

Last edited:
MiamieNeSeX said:
Let the mass stroking begin for choosing the right car.:rolleyes: Hmmm did Prime have anything to do with it?

Armando

Yes Armado it did... Some people who come in here actually want to get other owners opinions. Not everyone is a 16 year old punk living out an e-fantasy. It was a serious decision, and i wanted serious advice. Thats what i got and i appreciate it. Done deal.

MiamieNeSeX said:
Asking people you dont know their opinion on where to spend your money is also crazy.

Armando

I am sure he is going to make his own decision on where he puts his money. Opinions are saught after because sometimes there are factors that one forgets to consider.

There are a group of intelligent NSX owners here and I am sure many of them considered other cars and may have some useful insight. It does not matter that NSX opinions on NSXprime are biased, ALL opinions are biased.

What I don't get is why some people feel somehow insulted by certain topics that are posted.... after all if you don't like it or agree with it, just don't reply. Don't bash someone just because they are posting on a forum, designed for the exchange of ideas and opinions.

TURBO2GO said:
I am sure he is going to make his own decision on where he puts his money. Opinions are saught after because sometimes there are factors that one forgets to consider.

Again ask someones opinion on an NSX on a non NSX forum and the response would be completly different.Most that open a thread like this have already made up there mind and are just fishing for the perverbial "ego stroke"

[/QUOTE]There are a group of intelligent NSX owners here and I am sure many of them considered other cars and may have some useful insight. It does not matter that NSX opinions on NSXprime are biased, ALL opinions are biased.[/QUOTE]

My point exactly

[/QUOTE]What I don't get is why some people feel somehow insulted by certain topics that are posted.... after all if you don't like it or agree with it, just don't reply. Don't bash someone just because they are posting on a forum, designed for the exchange of ideas and opinions.[/QUOTE]

Are you saying "some people" or specifacally "me" ? Why I didn't like the thread is exactly why I posted, hence my opinion.

MiamieNeSeX said:
Again ask someones opinion on an NSX on a non NSX forum and the response would be completly different.Most that open a thread like this have already made up there mind and are just fishing for the perverbial "ego stroke"
There are a group of intelligent NSX owners here and I am sure many of them considered other cars and may have some useful insight. It does not matter that NSX opinions on NSXprime are biased, ALL opinions are biased.[/QUOTE]

My point exactly

[/QUOTE]What I don't get is why some people feel somehow insulted by certain topics that are posted.... after all if you don't like it or agree with it, just don't reply. Don't bash someone just because they are posting on a forum, designed for the exchange of ideas and opinions.[/QUOTE]

Are you saying "some people" or specifacally "me" ? Why I didn't like the thread is exactly why I posted, hence my opinion.[/QUOTE]

Come on Miami give some of us credit for telling him to buy the Z:biggrin:

Lately these threads seem to increasingly pit NSX owners vs NSX owners. That's not good. A house divided always falls.

I see the point of your posts and actually thought the "Let the stroking begin comment" was meant to be sarcastically funny which it was. However maybe we should pm each other with some of our comments. I was guilty of hijacking when I got into it with AMGSrock and don't look kindly on myself for that ( I was having fun though ). So no excuses I'm as much to blame. I'm just hoping we can at least appearences wise have a more united front.

Of course I'm also hoping the next NSX will be under a $100k so don't mind me:biggrin:

I don't think that the poster was here to stroke his ego. It is a perfectly legitimate question and I can understand his confusion about the decision.

I just don't understand why certain people have to criticize others' posts. Like some type of policing is needed for people they deem as dumb, egotistical, not of a certain caliber, not a "senior enough" member, not someone with as much technical knowledge, etc.

Even if this post is just for ego, so what? do we have to sit here and remind everyone?

someone makes a post... asks a question... smart or dumb, useful or not, reply if you have something to contribute. If you don't like the thread, then just ignore it. Why go on to the thread and post that you don't like the thread?

We are here to talk about the NSX, not to judge members.

Nothing personal Armando, please do not take it that way. I myself have benefited from some of what I think have been very useful posts by you.

da3dalus doesn't even own an NSX yet and he has contributed greatly in my opinion. Thats the kind of person I like to have on the forum.

TURBO2GO said:
I don't think that the poster was here to stroke his ego. It is a perfectly legitimate question and I can understand his confusion about the decision.

I just don't understand why certain people have to criticize others' posts. Like some type of policing is needed for people they deem as dumb, egotistical, not of a certain caliber, not a "senior enough" member, not someone with as much technical knowledge, etc.

Even if this post is just for ego, so what? do we have to sit here and remind everyone?

someone makes a post... asks a question... smart or dumb, useful or not, reply if you have something to contribute. If you don't like the thread, then just ignore it. Why go on to the thread and post that you don't like the thread?

We are here to talk about the NSX, not to judge members.

Nothing personal Armando, please do not take it that way. I myself have benefited from some of what I think have been very useful posts by you.

da3dalus doesn't even own an NSX yet and he has contributed greatly in my opinion. Thats the kind of person I like to have on the forum.

I gave my opinion as these types of threads are on the rise. If you or anybody else dosen't agree with my opinion I dont give a rats a$$,(as you said, nothing personal)

Armando

da3dalus said:
Yes Armado it did... Some people who come in here actually want to get other owners opinions. Not everyone is a 16 year old punk living out an e-fantasy. It was a serious decision, and i wanted serious advice. Thats what i got and i appreciate it. Done deal.
Get the NSX.

if u get that Z. i bet u'll be back looking for an NSX in 6mo:smile:

Not being bias or anything, but the NSX styling seems more timeless and the Z…. uhh well it’s just another Nissan model and will be replaced shortly

I bet u the same questions were asked 8 years ago about the NSX and twin turbo 300z.
Now u tell me which one will u preffer to have and own 5 years from now?

Last edited:
amgnsx said:
Get the NSX.

Not being bias or anything, but the NSX styling seems more timeless and the Z…. uhh well it’s just another Nissan model and will be replaced shortly

I completely agree with that statement. In fact so do several Ferarri owners I've met. They have all said that my 92 looks like it could have hit the market yesterday. I don't think it looks dated at all compared to most cars. Certainly it will look more current in 5 years than a riced 350Z.

I looked at 350Zs when they first came out when I was shopping for my NSX. What steered me away from the Nissan was its weight and the fact that it's platform is shared with trucks. Your (future) NSX is a dedicated aluminum platform, hand built, legend of a car. You'll never stop loving it.

From what I've read on your initial post, I would suggest you to pick the 350Z. Because it's very costly to mod the NSX, and your crowd of friends have no clue what the nsx is. Best is to get the 350Z since Tokyo Drift movie just came out and it uses the 350Z as one of their main cars, you will be super cool and popular in your neighborhood. 350Z is a better drift car than the NSX if that is your thing. :biggrin:

ss5153 said:
From what I've read on your initial post, I would suggest you to pick the 350Z. Because it's very costly to mod the NSX, and your crowd of friends have no clue what the nsx is. Best is to get the 350Z since Tokyo Drift movie just came out and it uses the 350Z as one of their main cars, you will be super cool and popular in your neighborhood. 350Z is a better drift car than the NSX if that is your thing. :biggrin:

How about modding your NSX with 350Z parts? :confused: :frown: :frown: :mad:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• bbs65.jpg
    bbs65.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 265
  • bbs68.jpg
    bbs68.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 268
amgnsx said:
Get the NSX.

I bet u the same questions were asked 8 years ago about the NSX and twin turbo 300z.
Now u tell me which one will u preffer to have and own 5 years from now?

Very good points. 5 years from now the NSX is still cool... the 350Z... I don't think so.

AutoVation said:
How about modding your NSX with 350Z parts? :confused: :frown: :frown: :mad:

attachment.php

attachment.php

:rolleyes: that's like a down grade is'nt it?
last thing i'd want is for "Z" owners to see that muffler on my NSX:tongue: no thanks

350Z is hands down the most disappointing car ever produced. It also likes to go boom even more than the NSX when boosted. Every time I see one I just giggle.

If you get a modded 350Z it would always be a 350Z and look down upon when the new Nissan GT-R comes around. More like super 350Z:biggrin: Go with the GT-R, I mean NSX:smile:

Holly crap, Matt, you still mulling over this!:wink:
you need seirous psychotherapy!:biggrin:
I still love my nsx, my pathologist got a 350z a couple of years ago before I got my nsx, and i told him that it's nice, these days I don't even look at it anymore.
Let's compare it to women again, there are those that are rare classic beauty that's appropriate for all time, all occasions, and you'll keep coming back to. They look stunning in whatever outfits they're in. Not the best team captain on the olympic track team.
and then there's the bobbing type that looks great in their special environment, situation, good for a ride, but when you take them outside the box, there's no class, no beauty.
I guess it's still all in the eyes of the beholder, but for me, it doesn't matter what car it's parked next to, my gaze is still unwavering.

I think the bare soul of your answer lies in this following analogy. Lets just say you had a choice between a Ferrari F50 or a 7 second Nissan Z and for arguements sake they both cost relativey the same amount of money. Which would you choose?

let's see it my way.. i park my stock lowered NSX with rims next to a 1000hp 350Z.. do you think people will look at the 350Z or mine??

second.. when people see a NSX they drop their pants.. they're already to scare to race it.. looking at one makes their jaws drop..

if it's a daily driver car for you.. you should get the 350Z.. because if i come outside and see a scratch on my NSX i'll cry.. :biggrin:

I am in the same predicament, in chosing between a 350z or a NSX, I am less concerned about people looking at my car.

I would only get a 02+ NSX, unfortunately in Australia there are none for sale at the moment. The last 02+ model sold for over A$120,000 (US$90,000).

The only manual NSX I can find is a 91 with 115,000 kms for A$74,000 (US$56,000).

These are extremely outrageous prices especially for the latter.

As common as they might be (maybe see 1-2 each day) a 04 Track model can be had for A$44,000 (US$33,000).

I would love a NSX, it looks better, sounds better, performs better than the 350z, but if your on a budget (like myself) the 350z is much more of a sensible decision.

Back