• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Storing NSX outside

The question I have is what do I need to do to keep the NSX outside for 6-8 months? I have not bought a car cover but am going to in the next 2-3 weeks and was wondering what I can do to keep water out and the paint good? I am in Atlanta so I do not think snow will be a problem.

Thanks
Ryan

I keep mine outside... I use a car cover and I bought a canopy to keep the car under. It works great. I am in louisiana, so no snow worrys for me either.

Just use a car cover.

Snow is not unheard of in Atlanta, and severe ice usually occurs once or twice a winter.

Hey can I help out? I live in sunny California, and have an empty spot in my garage for the next 8-9 months.

If you're willing, I'd be more than happy to store your NSX there
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by PHOEN$X:
Heck, I'll make room in my garage for your NSXs
biggrin.gif

I never seem to get any takers though...

PHOEN$X is such a nice guy (or lady??)!!
Everyone appreciates your offer, though!
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Tiger740 (edited 09 December 2002).]

If its a weekend car, maybe you can put it in a mini storage? Most of those places are gated and you can get the units with climate control systems.

[This message has been edited by wctsao (edited 09 December 2002).]

Also what is the best car cover for this car? I would like the Acura one and it seems to be about $180ish which is no big deal I just want to make sure that it is the best one for the car.

Thanks
Ryan

The OEM car cover is nice. The logo in the front is a particularly nice touch.

IMO, there are aftermarket covers out there that are relatively better in providing additional protection. Namely from door dings and scratches.

I'm still torn between the NOAH and EVOLUTION 4 (by Technalon 2).

G'luck.

Originally posted by Tiger740:
PHOEN$X is such a nice guy (or lady??)!!
Um, the former.

Originally posted by Tiger740:

Everyone appreciates your offer, though!
biggrin.gif

Thanks. I'm even willing to lend one of my other vehicles free for use while your NSX is in my storage
biggrin.gif

The OEM (cloth) cover lets in a lot of dust and pollen- it's a magnet for them IMO. It is also water resistant, not waterproof. You'll probably need to wipe down the car when you take it off. Provides great sun protection -sun is probably your worst enemy. Not sure which of the other covers is best for keeping the car completely dry, but some manufacturers recommend a "breathable" material. FYI -I have a blue "Noah" cover for my RX7 and it's not waterproof either.

Back