• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Sunday Sept 13th Acura of Lynnwood Import Car Meet/show

Not really sure what the story was on the Benz. It sounded awesome though. Charles' car only put down 378 and he made 431 on a dynojet. I didn't even want to put mine on w/ the lower numbers coming off that thing.

It seems that there's about an 11% - 12% drop from what our cars are actually doing. My car for instance, let's say I'm getting an actuall 295rwhp with my new intake, then deducting this "%" brings me to what their dyno produced (259rwhp). The same seems to work with Charels' numbers and Erics if I remember his results.

I guess the good news is that I can assume I've got about 292-295 after adding that intake :biggrin:

Here are a few of my pictures before my batteries died LOL

3917774287_86710f474a.jpg

3918565322_df1e7fc1cc.jpg

The rest are available here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28070220@N05/sets/72157622363215182/

First off I want to thank everyone that came out, and for making today a successful and great event. It was an excellent turn out and I appreciate everyone keeping it clean and controlled. I'll definately be hosting more events in the future!

More picks please guys....oh and where's the hosts car??? :biggrin:

Dynapack's read high, they don't take into account the rotational mass of the tire/wheel combo and rolling resistance.

Plus the Dynojet conversion isn't very accurate.

Well for clarification, the concern is everyone that's been on any other dyno threw down higher numbers than they did on the dynapacks that were used today. Your statement would mean everyone would throw down even less than the already low numbers from today.
Is that what you meant? Also, don't the dynapacks compensate by putting load resistants to simulate on road driving?

Plus there were guys that dyno'd today that have already been on some dynapacks and there was still a 10% loss today vs the other days. They did say that the barometric pressure today was the reason the numbers were so low, but that's over my head....not sure about the heat though, it was hot out today but my original tune when I layed the 431 was more than 90 degres out. Who knows, there's plenty of threads about the same car, same set up but different days or times on the same dyno's reading a significant difference. And not to mention different dynos reading significantly different too.

Last edited:
Dynapack's read high, they don't take into account the rotational mass of the tire/wheel combo and rolling resistance.

Plus the Dynojet conversion isn't very accurate.

I don't mean to step on any toes here, but "read high"? Cresent, my first dyno was on your Dynojet, and I feel it was very accurate. 290 Flywheel from the factory, 260rwhp on your dyno.

These guys were showing me results of 259.5. I've had intake, test pipes and exhaust since my venture up to your shop. Not to mention Chad used a Dynopack at NSXPO last year, which showed me a result of 288rwhp.

Like I stated, I'm not saying this to start an argument, just stating that these guys really had something not configured right.

I think Crescent may have misspoke. Dynapak's have the tendency to give higher numbers compared to dynojets due to the lack of rolling resistence and the fact that around 50lbs of wheel and tire are not having to be turned. We were all wondering why this Dynapak was giving lower numbers than Dynojets.

I think Crescent may have misspoke. Dynapak's have the tendency to give higher numbers compared to dynojets due to the lack of rolling resistence and the fact that around 50lbs of wheel and tire are not having to be turned. We were all wondering why this Dynapak was giving lower numbers than Dynojets.

Agreed

Ahh, that makes sense now. And I do agree, from everything I've heard from any other tuner I've talked to say's that the dynapacks generally read higher than other types of dynos. Of course were getting defensive, these are our penis extensions that were talking about here :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: LOL

Last edited:
Here's a link to where the vimeo video of the Dyno video will be as soon as they're done processing it..
http://www.vimeo.com/6567716

If you have a Vimeo account (free) you can download the original higher quality file (1080p wmv) without waiting for them to process it.. at least until they delete the original file a week from now. Or shoot me a PM and I'll put it somewhere you can download it.

Thanks bro, I see you had to do a little editing.... Hehe, I just realized the original wasn't exactly PG-13, lol. You could always voice over a cat meaowing....HAHA! Could you send me the original anyway?

Now is it me or was that so loud that the speakers in our recording devices (phones) couldn't handle the extreme volume. I havn't posted my videos for this reason, during the footage you can actually hear subtle sounds during what would be the really LOUD parts of the dyno.

Ahh, that makes sense now. And I do agree, from everything I've heard from any other tuner I've talked to say's that the dynapacks generally read higher than other types of dynos. Of course were getting defensive, these are our penis extensions that were talking about here :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: LOL

I guess having a SC means you need the bigger penis extension??? LOL :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: Just Kiddin!!

Thanks bro, I see you had to do a little editing.... Hehe, I just realized the original wasn't exactly PG-13, lol. You could always voice over a cat meaowing....HAHA! Could you send me the original anyway?

Now is it me or was that so loud that the speakers in our recording devices (phones) couldn't handle the extreme volume. I havn't posted my videos for this reason, during the footage you can actually hear subtle sounds during what would be the really LOUD parts of the dyno.

I had the external mic on my camera set to -10db and it still almost clipped from how loud it was.

I had the external mic on my camera set to -10db and it still almost clipped from how loud it was.

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: You think you could post your clip to "hear" the difference? Or is that the one your uploading already?

Just watched your clip, yeah it definately sounds better on your mic. Of course it doesn't match actually being there, but your camera handles louder sounds better I think. It was interesting to hear the music cut out and then return once the pull was done.

Last edited:
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: You think you could post your clip to "hear" the difference? Or is that the one your uploading already?

Just watched your clip, yeah it definately sounds better on your mic. Of course it doesn't match actually being there, but your camera handles louder sounds better I think. It was interesting to hear the music cut out and then return once the pull was done.

That probably happens because the camera automatically adjusts the mic gain depending on how loud the sound is.. so the car being so much louder than everything else the gain was reduced way down and the car is all you could hear, not that it is much different to your ears :biggrin:

I had a really good time. I wanted to stay a little longer but has other engagements. Charles thanks again for hosting such a great meeting. Hope you have it again next year.

That is as raw as it gets. No editing done.

Thanks bro that was fun. The atmosphere was great along with the music, food, and cars!! The NSX's were amazing! Too bad I was the last to show up! Can't wait til next time.

Back