• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

SYTFU 4th Annual event 04.11.09, @ Alameda Naval Base

Roger,

We decided to decline parking in the hangar because we would much rather prefer parking with our NSX friends than inside away from them. We'll get enough attention as-is... we don't need no stinking booth! :biggrin:

J

LOL.....you guys are cool.......:cool:

OK here are some pics from the meet, the Hornet photo shoot, and the lunch stop

4.jpg

turnout.jpg

IMG_5218-1.jpg

RX8.jpg

S2000group.jpg

An unknown NSX........who are you?

whitensx1.jpg

WTF??

NSXplate.jpg

Mike couldn't resist putting this sticker on his car......

JennyChu.jpg

Finally a pic of the famous Volk center caps rumuored to add 5 whp per wheel...:eek:

3.jpg

A Primer expressing his opinion......:tongue:

6.jpg

passing out the NSXCA brochures......yo James I didnt get one.....
1.jpg

blackwhite.jpg

blackwhite2.jpg

blackwhite3.jpg

Pics in front of the Hornet Aircraft carrier

Sorry for the poor pic quality but the sun was not helping

CopyofIMG_5291.jpg

CopyofIMG_5292.jpg

CopyofIMG_5294.jpg

CopyofIMG_5302.jpg

CopyofIMG_5305.jpg

CopyofIMG_5310.jpg

Hornet3.jpg

Hornet11.jpg

HornetPic.jpg

CopyofIMG_5306.jpg

True BFFs
BFF.jpg

theembrace.jpg

Then on to lunch where Larry took us to a nice Japanese restaurant......great sushi

SushiHouse.jpg

atthesushihouse.jpg

Very nice pictures. Im sure you had fun.:smile:

OK here are some pics from the meet, the Hornet photo shoot, and the lunch stop

4.jpg

turnout.jpg

IMG_5218-1.jpg

RX8.jpg

S2000group.jpg

An unknown NSX........who are you?

whitensx1.jpg

WTF??

NSXplate.jpg

Mike couldn't resist putting this sticker on his car......

JennyChu.jpg

Finally a pic of the famous Volk center caps rumuored to add 5 whp per wheel...:eek:

3.jpg

A Primer expressing his opinion......:tongue:

6.jpg

passing out the NSXCA brochures......yo James I didnt get one.....
1.jpg

blackwhite.jpg

blackwhite2.jpg

blackwhite3.jpg

Pics in front of the Hornet Aircraft carrier

Sorry for the poor pic quality but the sun was not helping

CopyofIMG_5291.jpg

CopyofIMG_5292.jpg

CopyofIMG_5294.jpg

CopyofIMG_5302.jpg

CopyofIMG_5305.jpg

CopyofIMG_5310.jpg

Hornet3.jpg

Hornet11.jpg

HornetPic.jpg

CopyofIMG_5306.jpg

True BFFs
BFF.jpg

theembrace.jpg

Then on to lunch where Larry took us to a nice Japanese restaurant......great sushi

SushiHouse.jpg

atthesushihouse.jpg

I thought I saw you guys at the Sushi place.........was the White GT3 parked on Shoreline with you guys?

I had a lot of fun. The car show was OK, but the lunch was a blast. $11 for a huge bento box I could barely finish, that's a first! Then afterwards all of us cruising through Alameda / Oakland and a little race entailed.

I took Roger up to Skyline BLVD and checked out the killer view of the Bay. Then we hit up Redwood Road and then going home to San Ramon Norris Canyon, which was 100% free of cars. I always get such a rush when I'm done driving my NSX all day :)

Last edited:
Yes, it was a great day, indeed.

Most of the guys met at my house to caravan up from Fremont: JR and his brother J, Mike, Jimmy and his girlfriend Mari, Travis, and Larry all made it on time, then we had to wait for "Wrong Freeway Exit" Bill. But we all made it together and headed out with me in the lead. The drive up was slow and easy and there was a section of 880 that I apologize for leading everyone onto - what a hot mess of undulations, potholes and bumps! I think most of the drivers forgot about that though, as soon as we drove through the tunnel. The guys really seemed to like that:biggrin:

When we arrived, Justin, the guy who was letting people in at the front gate told me that he wanted to have our special (his word, not mine) cars together but that it was too crowded inside to get people together in a group as large as ours (we still had 3 others on the way who were meeting us there). So he placed us very prominently at the very entrance of the show. Our ending tally of cars equaled: two silvers, two whites, three blacks and three reds. Not bad:wink: We went in to the show and pretty quickly got split up but we all kinda ran into each other throughout the two hours or so that we stayed there.

Roger was looking up, down, left and right for a new 370Z. He wanted to capture a few pics and thought for sure there would be at LEAST one at the show. But we just couldn't spot one... yet. We saw some really cool cars and talked to a lot of people. And whenever we glanced over at our cars near the entrance there were always people checking them out, taking pictures and generally admiring them. NSXs really do capture a lot of attention!

After a couple of hours we were all ready to eat and we'd seen most of the cars there so we decided to go eat since the lines for the hot dogs were super long and the dogs weren't very good anyways. This is not a complaint, as I admire the event organizers for even offering the food.

But before we left the base, we decided we'd snap a few pics next to the U.S.S. Hornet. On the way out, Roger's unicorn (a brand-spanking new 370Z) was driving in. He missed his shot by about ten minutes. Once we got to the Hornet... Wow. What an awe inspiring marvel of engineering! And it was cool to take pictures of them right next to the Hornet!:tongue:

Then Steve led us to a place that most of us had never been to: Sushi House. The place was not very crowded and a lot of us actually got to park right in front of the restaurant; how lucky. The food was really good; not that Mike really got to find out because by the time he got his, we were all at least half-way done or some even finished! He sent it back, saying it was just too late. The servers understood.

From there, Larry led us through Alameda to Oakland and to the freeway. Along the way we passed through a few neighborhoods and past a couple of parks. It always amazes me and puts a grin on my face when I see people completely stop what they're doing and stare at the NSX as it goes by. This time, people were calling to others saying "hey! come check it out!". I'm sure they thought they saw Ferraris or new Corvettes.:rolleyes:

On the last stretch of road there were a few antics that some here would frown upon so I'll gloss over them but speeds remained under 60mph and with clear empty roads, 3 lanes wide:smile::redface:

Ryan and Roger went on a nice drive (it was longer than what Roger told me it would be... thanks for the recap, Ryan - I'll be sure to tag along next time). The rest of us headed back south on 880 and peeled off one or two cars at a time as our exits came up.

That day was really a great one. I've really come to appreciate all of the people I've met via the ownership of this amazing car. Summer weather's here again and I'm sure we'll have more gatherings like this all through and I'm looking forward to all of them.

BTW: somehow, we lost track of JR and J between the show and the Hornet photo op. I'm sorry we did, JR.

J

Sorry for the long post... I just felt inspired....

Those are the best get together group runs/meets. No major planing and just go with the flow with no headaches. Given the short notice 6 days, you had a great turn out.

Good group of black tops out there. :biggrin:

I would have come, but the NSX was still in the shop getting the mesh grill and diffuser installed.

Didn't think the Goat was welcomed......

You should have come. The Goat, as far as I'm concerned, would have been welcomed. Every car has its downsides but if someone can't see the upsides of that car, they're just not a car guy (or gal).

J

Mari and I had a great time hanging out with you guys! I appreciate you guys giving her such a warm welcome :) I'll post some pictures later when I have more time.

Yes, it was a great day, indeed.

Most of the guys met at my house to caravan up from Fremont: JR and his brother J, Mike, Jimmy and his girlfriend Mari, Travis, and Larry all made it on time, then we had to wait for "Wrong Freeway Exit" Bill. But we all made it together and headed out with me in the lead. The drive up was slow and easy and there was a section of 880 that I apologize for leading everyone onto - what a hot mess of undulations, potholes and bumps! I think most of the drivers forgot about that though, as soon as we drove through the tunnel. The guys really seemed to like that:biggrin:

When we arrived, Justin, the guy who was letting people in at the front gate told me that he wanted to have our special (his word, not mine) cars together but that it was too crowded inside to get people together in a group as large as ours (we still had 3 others on the way who were meeting us there). So he placed us very prominently at the very entrance of the show. Our ending tally of cars equaled: two silvers, two whites, three blacks and three reds. Not bad:wink: We went in to the show and pretty quickly got split up but we all kinda ran into each other throughout the two hours or so that we stayed there.

Roger was looking up, down, left and right for a new 370Z. He wanted to capture a few pics and thought for sure there would be at LEAST one at the show. But we just couldn't spot one... yet. We saw some really cool cars and talked to a lot of people. And whenever we glanced over at our cars near the entrance there were always people checking them out, taking pictures and generally admiring them. NSXs really do capture a lot of attention!

After a couple of hours we were all ready to eat and we'd seen most of the cars there so we decided to go eat since the lines for the hot dogs were super long and the dogs weren't very good anyways. This is not a complaint, as I admire the event organizers for even offering the food.

But before we left the base, we decided we'd snap a few pics next to the U.S.S. Hornet. On the way out, Roger's unicorn (a brand-spanking new 370Z) was driving in. He missed his shot by about ten minutes. Once we got to the Hornet... Wow. What an awe inspiring marvel of engineering! And it was cool to take pictures of them right next to the Hornet!:tongue:

Then Steve led us to a place that most of us had never been to: Sushi House. The place was not very crowded and a lot of us actually got to park right in front of the restaurant; how lucky. The food was really good; not that Mike really got to find out because by the time he got his, we were all at least half-way done or some even finished! He sent it back, saying it was just too late. The servers understood.

From there, Larry led us through Alameda to Oakland and to the freeway. Along the way we passed through a few neighborhoods and past a couple of parks. It always amazes me and puts a grin on my face when I see people completely stop what they're doing and stare at the NSX as it goes by. This time, people were calling to others saying "hey! come check it out!". I'm sure they thought they saw Ferraris or new Corvettes.:rolleyes:

On the last stretch of road there were a few antics that some here would frown upon so I'll gloss over them but speeds remained under 60mph and with clear empty roads, 3 lanes wide:smile::redface:

Ryan and Roger went on a nice drive (it was longer than what Roger told me it would be... thanks for the recap, Ryan - I'll be sure to tag along next time). The rest of us headed back south on 880 and peeled off one or two cars at a time as our exits came up.

That day was really a great one. I've really come to appreciate all of the people I've met via the ownership of this amazing car. Summer weather's here again and I'm sure we'll have more gatherings like this all through and I'm looking forward to all of them.

BTW: somehow, we lost track of JR and J between the show and the Hornet photo op. I'm sorry we did, JR.

J

Sorry for the long post... I just felt inspired....

It was definitely a great time hanging out with everyone yesterday. It was good to see Steve aka juejaimon, I think its been over a year since we last saw Steve at the Napa Drive that he led us on. That was definitely a great drive. Back to yesterdays event, yes there was a short section of the freeway that certainly tested our suspension. Including my false teeth, I think I need to see my dentist to replace a filling or two or three :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: But the tunnel more than made up for that with seven NSX's driving at the speed limit :rolleyes::wink: The photo shoot in front of the U.S.S. Hornet was alot of fun

Those are the best get together group runs/meets. No major planing and just go with the flow with no headaches. Given the short notice 6 days, you had a great turn out.

Good group of black tops out there. :biggrin:

Maybe its best to post events on a short notice basis.

I would have come, but the NSX was still in the shop getting the mesh grill and diffuser installed.

Didn't think the Goat was welcomed......

Next time when in doubt, bring the goat.

Mari and I had a great time hanging out with you guys! I appreciate you guys giving her such a warm welcome :) I'll post some pictures later when I have more time.

I'm glad you said that... Check your e-mail :biggrin:

Mike

Back