• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Tablet/PC for the NSX - help me choose

Hold off a bit longer Ryu...Win8 pro tablets are coming. A viable option available today is the Samsung slate 7 running win pro.

FYI I'm writing a data logging ui for the AEM that will run of windows and making it available in the windows app app store.

Similar to my eCtune data logging UI.

Hold off a bit longer Ryu...Win8 pro tablets are coming. A viable option available today is the Samsung slate 7 running win pro.

FYI I'm writing a data logging ui for the AEM that will run of windows and making it available in the windows app app store.

Similar to my eCtune data logging UI.
I saw the Slates but they seem too big?

Excellent venture on the App! That would be half of my problems solved :)

What size tablet are you seeking? If its sole purpose is to live in the car you'd be better off with an AMOLED multi touch monitor and a PC stashed away.

This is what I'm doing for my setup. I'll be removing the cluster and swapping in a display for monitoring the car and another in place of the stereo in double din form factor for interfacing with the UI and controlling multimedia.

What size tablet are you seeking? If its sole purpose is to live in the car you'd be better off with an AMOLED multi touch monitor and a PC stashed away.

This is what I'm doing for my setup. I'll be removing the cluster and swapping in a display for monitoring the car and another in place of the stereo in double din form factor for interfacing with the UI and controlling multimedia.
This is exactly what I want to do. Though perhaps just having one monitor in place of the stereo and the ash tray.

Do you have a AMOLED touch monitor you can recommend? I will start researching them. Yes, the plan is to have it installed in a permanent or semi-permanent basis. Thanks for the suggestion. I did not realize the touch monitors have progressed in usability this much.

This is exactly what I want to do. Though perhaps just having one monitor in place of the stereo and the ash tray.

Do you have a AMOLED touch monitor you can recommend? I will start researching them. Yes, the plan is to have it installed in a permanent or semi-permanent basis. Thanks for the suggestion. I did not realize the touch monitors have progressed in usability this much.

Ill have a look and see what I can dig up.

I believe this answers your question. Tablet is a HP STREAM 7, full windows 10, download AEM software and monitor everything live, fits perfect in the navpod just need to attach some velcro on the inside. Serial to usb to otg setup.
9f3a6850aa9df7514fdf6be4f9744d9b.jpg
419937e4d66c44c77ab6946abf78ae09.jpg
5ae733f13d492b9d55221e9c7fcadfac.jpg
47eaf07deac7fa201950e128bb8b48eb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Back