• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Take a look at what the 'fbody' boys are saying:

Status
Not open for further replies.
ChrisK said:
My simply question is, how fast is a STOCK F body anyway.

The fastest Camaro you could get from your dealer's showroom (before it was discontinued last year) was the Camaro SS, with 325 hp. Sounds fast, right? Except that even the hardtop was ~300 pounds heavier than an NSX-T, and a convertible was 400+ pounds heavier. That's why, according to Road & Track, it only tests out at 5.5 seconds 0-60, which is slower than even the early, 3.0-liter NSX. The 3.2-liter NSX-T was tested at 4.9 seconds in the same article.

ChrisK said:
Is stock Camaro,Firebird, or Corvette (Not Z06) really under 13 second stock?

No. The non-Z06 Corvette (which those children don't even own) is in the low 13's, and the fastest stock Camaro/Firebird is high 13's to 14. The best the limited-edition 335-hp SLP Firehawk could do is 13.6, according to Car and Driver.

Last edited:
I don't Ken, your dog is cute and all and I have a Papillion myself and like dogs. But everytime I read your posts now I pciture your dog speaker the words.:D I almost can't take you seriously anymore:p Just kidding.

lol...ya, F-Body is probably a four letter word.

Sadly, I used to be like them (although never foul mouthed like that).

I used to think my 12 second mustang was the SHIT...and then I drove an NSX and while it's not as fast, its a completely different experience!! Much much much more reliable than my mustang, and much more fun to drive. And even the way my mustang looks, it turns way way way more heads...

I don't know whats wrong with those guys.

They must be polytheists because they believe the Z06 is god and there seems to be a couple million of them.

ChrisK said:
I don't Ken, your dog is cute and all and I have a Papillion myself and like dogs. But everytime I read your posts now I pciture your dog speaker the words.:D

My dog is very smart. He actually tells me what to post.

ChrisK said:
I almost can't take you seriously anymore

Better now?

hey guys...these guys claim their cars are so fast stock...check out their timeslips in 1320' those times are not stock.....

<a href="http://www.fbody.com/timeslips/"> click for timeslips </a>

Where are the adults?

paulviriyapan said:
Here's another thread from F#$@ Body, on how to ditch a girl after a one night stand. No, it's not a joke, he's serious....And it's Sig & Mojo's favorite poster to boot.

'How to Diss a girl'
That is just SAD.

The moderators (if there are any) can't even get them to abide by their own rules:
  • No foul language in any post - there is no reason you can't keep your posts clean.
  • DO NOT insult or harass other members.
  • DO NOT post useless one liner replies to a thread just to post a thread.
Their whole board is reminiscent of Lord of the Flies: without any adult supervision around, civil order deteriorates into barbarism/chaos. Where are their parents anyway?

A different perspective

I just got home from spending a great weekend at the 2003 Car Craft Summer Nationals. You want a few hundred supercharged, turbo and N2O Camaros & Firebirds? They were all there. Without exception, all of the guys I talked to there were huge NSX fans, and wished they could "afford" one. When I told one guy that a good used one is in the mid 30s, he almost peed. He had over $45 into his Firehawk.

Maybe the difference is that people who go to shows like Car Craft are mostly "car guys" who enjoy all the tech involved with all the makes. Now there are your "Fords suck" and "Chevys suck" and "Mopars suck" people out there, and maybe they are the ones who post more often on the specific car sites.

BTW, I was the only NSX among 3000+ cars AGAIN. That's OK, it guaranteed the crowd always hanging around mine.

As for spectators, I had a window card saying it was a 1991 Acura NSX. Top 5 questions asked from people who looked directly at the sign:
1) "What kind of car is it?"
2) "What year is it?"
3) "Is this a Honda?"
4) "What's it run in the 1/4?"
5) "Is it front wheel drive?"

The best overheard line of the weekend: One guy tells another "It's a stretched Japanese Fiero." Whoa.

I posted a pile of pics on the site - enjoy.

-ed
www.nsxbuilder.com

Hell yes...its like a T-Rex, but....not really.

heldo.1.jpg

Why dont some of you bring you BS talkin mouths to the drag strip? :rolleyes:

What BS would that be? Did you read the topic on fbody? They called the NSX a POS and slow and most Fbodys should be able to smoke an NSX. Do you actually agree with that? The fbody poster above just verified that most of the stock cars are running 13-14 seconds. NSXs do that just as well stock with no problem. Were is the BS in that? Any stock NSX can back that up. Sure, there are modified fbodies going much faster, but there are also modified NSXs going much faster as well. I see no BS other than calling the NSX slow when a stock Fbody runs the same times. Doesn't anyone have respect for all types of cars? Or is it just the ones you own?

Also, what does cost have to do with anything? The cars peformacne doesn't change. If the car performs, it performs. Plain and simple. It's not like we only have NSXs and Japanese cars. Many owners have American built cars as well. I guess that would be a surprise huh?

First of all. I am not biased in any way. I give credit where credit is due. And no, I dont believe that. No matter how fast you are someone out there has something faster. We are comparing apples to oranges here. If you like NSX's fine. More power to you. Im sure I could buy an NSX if I wanted to, but I would rather have a C5 personally. Just like that would be vice versa for you. Lets just cut the crap and leave it be. Sorry, I had my feathers ruffled a little bit.

Yeah, I would like to know how WE started all of this? Let's see, since you were one of the people on the original F Body thread, how then did it start? I recall that it was Ritchie who posted that he LOST to an NSX, in an LT1 and then said that any LS1 would absolutely rape the NSX. Then a whole bunch of your guys go on and say the same damn thing. You guys also added that the NSX was a slow POS, and that all of us are rich snobs for buying such an expensive car. A car capable of 0-60 in 4.8 seconds, a top speed of 175 miles an hour, and can do the quarter mile in under 13.2 seconds is SLOW. Grow up.

Blk99C5 said:
First of all. I am not biased in any way. I give credit where credit is due. And no, I dont believe that. No matter how fast you are someone out there has something faster. We are comparing apples to oranges here. If you like NSX's fine. More power to you. Im sure I could buy an NSX if I wanted to, but I would rather have a C5 personally. Just like that would be vice versa for you. Lets just cut the crap and leave it be. Sorry, I had my feathers ruffled a little bit.

You know, I give you respect for this post. You state exactly what most of us feel. We like the NSX for specific reasons. Not only for speed. You like the Corvette. Nothing wrong with that. We definately can leave it at that and respect both machines as they are both great in what the are designed to do. Remember, most of the NSX owners stayed on our own NSX forums. We did not post on the other forums. Sure, we read it, but left it at that and came back here. So like paulviriyapan mentiond. We didn't start anything. All said and done, enjoy whatever car you bought. There is a reason why each individual buys what he bought. We just don't particulary care to be called stupid for buying what we buy. Like I said, many of us have all sorts of cars at one time or another.

Geez, I would post a response on F Body but it seems I have been banned. These are the emails from the moderators:

reply] has been deleted
Reason:
dont really care what u have to say ..sorry

Please note the rules in the FAQ if you are thinking about tryingto come back.
Reason:
go back to your nsx board

What I find interesting is how they keep talking about price and how the NSX is so much more expensive. Well, that may be true in most cases, but not in my case. I leased a new 2003 NSX for $799/month for 36 months with $0 down. The local Chevy dealer quoted me about $910/month to lease a corvette (non-Z06) with a MSRP of about $49k.

So my NSX was less expensive than you F-body guys with your overpriced vettes!! :D :D :D

ChrisK said:
You know, I give you respect for this post. You state exactly what most of us feel. We like the NSX for specific reasons. Not only for speed. You like the Corvette. Nothing wrong with that. We definately can leave it at that and respect both machines as they are both great in what the are designed to do. Remember, most of the NSX owners stayed on our own NSX forums. We did not post on the other forums. Sure, we read it, but left it at that and came back here. So like paulviriyapan mentiond. We didn't start anything. All said and done, enjoy whatever car you bought. There is a reason why each individual buys what he bought. We just don't particulary care to be called stupid for buying what we buy. Like I said, many of us have all sorts of cars at one time or another.

I totally agree Chris. Sorry for the argument.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back