• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Taking a poll

Well I have to chime in I suppose as this keeps getting bumped up
smile.gif

I have the Sebring/Black combo and while I considered painting the top, I had the chance to park mine next to a 99' which is just a shade darker really, and decided I really do like the black roof better.

No painting for me
wink.gif

If you're looking for classy, all one color...

And sporty would be my choice w/ a heavy contrasting black
Black/yello
white/blk
silver/blk

------------------

I am 1/2 and 1/2 I've seen a red NSX on the freeway zoom by with the Black top and think wow that was sweet!! I also have seen a Yellow NSX-T pull up next to me on a sunny day with the top off and think that is as good as it gets. I think the concept of the light canopy top was a good idea, besides the majority of the top is glass anyway. I also feel the option to have the top color matched is another great idea!! What can I say I love the NSX period!!!

i like the black roof .. i got a 91 stealth tt with a black roof/blue body as well ...... doesn't the NSX-R have a black roof....but i think ultimately like many of you guys said ..it depends on the color of the car to begin with..

It seems like every week I click on the gallery and check out the White NSXs with black and white tops. I keep changing my mind whether to color match mine White or leave it Black. Just last week I thought I would leave mine Black. Today, I'm kind of leaning toward color matched:confused:

WOW!!!......this thread started in 2000 :eek: :eek:....O.K. I'll bite... I think the "Mother Ship" says it all.........
fb94591b.jpg
:D :D :D (then again, this car wasn't out when the thread started.)

Wow a three-year-old thread!

Okay, I always compare my 94 with the black roof sitting next to a 95 targa with a red roof at the parking lot during those regional meetings. Although I vacillate between the two all the time, I've come up with a decision. I like the black roof on a red nsx but I like the red roof on the targa if the top is off. A red-roofed NSX with a black interior just doesn't seem to look right but a full body color red with a tan interior is much more tolerable.

Also, around 80-100 years from now when a gazillionaire collector (most likely a relative of Bill Gates) is keeping an early model NSX in his garage, he's gonna wish--for mint condition's sake-- that you didn't mess with painting the black top into the body color. That way he wouldn't have had to spend the money finding a restoration shop that would paint it back to its original black color. Wouldn't that be a shame?

I think the black roof looks better because it makes the car even more unique....

More unique.....I love the NSX in any color, however when I saw the black roof all I thought was............holy Eagle Talon roof Bat Man!!! Then later I thought why is this car not a targa??? Thank god for 1995

Attachments

• talon_exita.jpg
    talon_exita.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 395
When I was shopping I was adamant about getting a red with a black roof (and black interior). I don't know what it is, but I Don't like cars with too many contrasting colors. With a red/black/black you don't get that. However a funny thing happened when i was shopping for mine. I came across a red/with a painted red top/ and ivory interior. The pics I'd seen of red's with ivory and a black top I did not like, but I drove four hours to see this one with a red painted top anyways. Long story short, I now own that car and love the look of it, but only because it has a painted top. I don't think I would have bought it if it was black (b/c of my contrasting colors opinion). In conclusion, I think it depends on the color of the exterior and interior. Some work, some don't. I'd still buy a red/black/black to this day though without thinking about it.

whiteNSXs said:
Having had a few NSXs, I have to say that I prefer the one-color-scheme. A lot of times, the black roofs remind me of those ugly Fbody junk. See my ex-92 and 1997 side by side here.
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4289954057
Steve

Your pictures are the ones that usually lead me back to the white top. But then when I look at the JDm NSX-R,:eek: Oh well, I think I will paint my roof one day though.

This is completely subjective. There is no "correct answer". Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I have a 95 NSX-T mono-color Formula Red. But I also like the look of the two tone pre-95 cars. In fact I think pre-95's SHOULD be two tone. It is who they are. I like the fighter plane cockpit idea.

ChrisK said:
Your pictures are the ones that usually lead me back to the white top. But then when I look at the JDm NSX-R,:eek: Oh well, I think I will paint my roof one day though.
Wait til I post some pictures of my 1997 with white wheels tomorrow. ;)
Steve

I prefer the black roof because that is the way the car came from the factory and I would hate to own an NSX that has prior aftermarket paint work. To each his own but I also prefer the Ivory Interior over the Black Interior.:p

whiteNSXs said:
Wait til I post some pictures of my 1997 with white wheels tomorrow. ;)
Steve

Way ahead of you. Well, not exactly since I haven't done it yet, but I'm getting my 98 style rims either powder coated or painted Grand Prix White to match the car:) I'm not really going for the specific NSX-R theme, but these will have to do until I can get some nice aftermarkets.

Back in 93, I wanted to paint my 92's black top red. The wife objected. When I pointed out all red NSXs in 95, she still preferred the black top. I think she is finally giving in after I showed her some chips on the roof that revealed red under the black

lowellhigh79 said:
Back in 93, I wanted to paint my 92's black top red. The wife objected. When I pointed out all red NSXs in 95, she still preferred the black top. I think she is finally giving in after I showed her some chips on the roof that revealed red under the black

The funny thing is, when I show comparison pictures of white NSXs with color match vs black tops she always likes the black top. When I asked her why she said because that is the one you have. I guess she knows how much it will cost to paint:D

Back