• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Tall Owners

1TITENSX said:
How much room is above your head?

VERY little!!!!!

But I have more room in the NSX than alot of similar cars, sport or compact, and even some midsize.

zff said:
I got a question for you tall guys...

I'm only 5'7" and when pumping gas into the car, I have to slightly bend over in an awkward pose. I would imagine it's a lot worse if you're 5'10" or more. Is there something you do so you don't look so silly pumping gas into the car?

Get your wife or girlfriend to do it... :wink:

I'm 6'6", and I just recline the seat back. I have a cm of headroom left. Like the other gentleman said, I pretty much make myself fit. It's all worth it though :biggrin:

GPWNSXVA said:
Im 6'3 and I fit fine, I could stand a little more more but I can deal. I have heard people talk about the Dali seat cushion that gives you about 2 more inches of height by dropping the amount of cushion that is in the bottom of the seat.

http://www.daliracing.com/v666-5/catalog/index_browse_part.cfm?focus=447

And if that doesnt help, try Sears. Craftsman Ball Pean Hammer or framing hammer if you have to can make the modification of the roof for you. Be the first one to own a NSX with custom roof panel. :biggrin: :biggrin:

I've been looking at the Dali Racer Racing replacement Seat Cushion [ Leather ]. Anyone know anything about Dali Racing; reliable, quality, etc...?

Do the seats in the NSX have an electronic height adjustment as they do for forward/back? A guy I know who took one for a ride when he worked at a dealership and said it did. He's tall, like 6' 3" and he said he fit well but that it was a short jaunt in the car only, no long highway cruise or serious driving that may affect a person based on height.

aaronkamloops said:
Do the seats in the NSX have an electronic height adjustment as they do for forward/back? A guy I know who took one for a ride when he worked at a dealership and said it did. He's tall, like 6' 3" and he said he fit well but that it was a short jaunt in the car only, no long highway cruise or serious driving that may affect a person based on height.

Only forward/back and recline.

I'm just 6' and I find my head on the headliner when I'm sitting in a propper racing position (like I sit in my racecar) My guess is you tall guys are not sitting in the correct position for driving on the track - too reclined, and arms too far extended.

I figured out that putting velcro on the remote key fob and up out of the way on the dash would keep my knee from constantly touching/crunching the fob.

I suppose its ratio of legs to shoulders that does it - I'm a 31" inseam - you guys?

(smiling) Wow! 6'7" and he fits - reminds me of my kids when they see some item of clothes they WANT: "Daddy, it fits me great", as its either falling off of them or they can't fit into it.

I'm 6'5.5" and have the Dali cushion. Doubtful I'd be comfortable with a helmet on.

So when is the NSX basketball team gonna form. Lot of tall guys here. :tongue:

Back