• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ten Things I Love about my NSX

1. The intake roar right behind my head as it approaches 8000 rpm
2. Titanium connecting rods helping it get there
3. Surprisingly fast, has more torque than I thought it would down low
4. The beautiful suspension, a work of art when you look under the car
5. Great steering feel, and how the assist disappears over about 15. One of the first cars with EPS,and I still don’t see anyone who’s done it better now that it’s in widespread use 20 years later. Other controls too,like the shifter sliding solidly into place
6. Ayrton Senna (and Bobby Rahal) helped develop it
7. The roof opening up to the sky on a nice day in my targa, just magic. Well worth the extra 95 lb to me, 50 of which i’ve taken off with mods
8. Aftermarket support. Ex- how many cars have a mechanical engineer owner like Hugo who comes to the US from Portugal, twice!, and drives around the whole country fixing a part like windows that could work better
9. This great community on Prime- very nice, smart and knowledgeable owners willing to share experience and expertise
10. Quality of materials, especially the beautiful leather seats

but wait,he’s going to 11, one more than 10, a la spinal tap…

11. How good it still looks, especially when doing a lookback after parking

Last edited:
Great thread revival! Top 10 from Down Under:

1) Senna and how he made our beloved stronger, was shocked how stiff it was when I put it on stands for the first time. Where other vehicles flex, the NSX demands stand adjustments
2) Full aluminium body and weight
3) It's so low with low centre of gravity, going through bends is a dream
4) 360 degree view from within is open and clear, like jet cockpit they designed
5) Slick like butter gearbox
6) Toolkit in the rear (saved me recently during test drive after changing the brake master cylinder and I needed to further tighten the brake lines)
7) High RPM revving engine
8) I was able to meet Shigeru Uehara and understand he build a perfect car -> For my NSX anyway, has the godfather Shigeru Uehara's signature
9) Mid rear engine
10) Makes me always want to stare when I park it anywhere

And a big 11) NSXPrime and support!!!

I think all the good points have been mentioned, but I have decided that I will NEVER own, drive, covet, appreciate, enjoy, or take pride in ANY other car out there...past or future.

How can I say this SO confidently?

1. New "pedestrian safety" laws will never again allow a front nose to be so low...or said vehicle to have pop-up headlights.

2. Stricter government regulations mandating ever raising average MPG, means manual transmissions are going to become a thing of the past.

3. Too many electronic gizmos in new cars make them a total turn-off to me.

4. The NSX "can" be increased to be faster, if one so desires, to "compete" with new, faster cars coming out.

5. Honda nailed the complete package balance SO perfectly!

In a way, this saddens me because a small part of the "never satisfied" / "always looking for the next new cool car" CAR GUY in me has now died, because once you have PERFECTION, nothing else excites you.

I drive mine DAILY. If it ever dies, or is wrecked beyond repair, there will always be PLENTY of fresh stock out there for me to just go buy another "new" NSX because so many of you out there pamper yours away, never driving them, that means I will always be able to find a fresh one with super low miles...thus, another "new" car for ME! :D

Kinda like meeting, falling in love with, and marrying the perfect woman...no others can turn your head ever again.

YMMV...

Back