• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Tested: 360F1 vs NSX on the track

Hi Giussi
Very nice pictures and interesting statements you posted!! :D :D :D :D
Unfortunately, I missed the opportunity to test my new modifications made on my nsx. Hope it will take place again next year! ;)

Concerning comparison Nsx vs. Modena you reported, it is not an easy job comparing two cars which have different specs and are not build in the same age and price range. Anyway, apart from that, can you ensure that 1:09 is the suited benchmark/laptime you set for an Nsx ??? :rolleyes:
I think there are some other seconds to press out from our Nsx, or not? (Thoughts goes to Enzo Rota)
But we have to be realistic, a Modena is the faster car than the Nsx, maybe 2 seconds. But we have to take into account that current Nsx is based on 1990!!!

>>>>EFFER<<<<< Concerning the look, I definitively agree with you. What happen with 360? 355 was soooo beauty!! And now? The rear of Modena looks like an unproportional fat big-mama-ass!! :D and the front like a modified Fiat Barchetta. (hope next generation nsx will get a better design)
Look at the pic side by side. Your Nsx looks much beauty and sleekly, ...aerodynamically efficiently!! small but smart.
In my opinion, a Modena for 150k $$ not the best choice, ...don't forget that Modena is slower than an NSX Type R at Nurburgring! ;)

cu!

In my opinion, a Modena for 150k $$ not the best choice, ...don't forget that Modena is slower than an NSX Type R at Nurburgring! ;)

cu! [/B]

But is it faster than the Stradale.... I doubt it.

danpiu said:

>>>>EFFER<<<<< Concerning the look, I definitively agree with you. What happen with 360? 355 was soooo beauty!! And now? The rear of Modena looks like an unproportional fat big-mama-ass!! :D and the front like a modified Fiat Barchetta. (hope next generation nsx will get a better design)
Look at the pic side by side. Your Nsx looks much beauty and sleekly, ...aerodynamically efficiently!! small but smart.

cu!

Thanks danpiu!

But I must confess that considering the actual trend of making cars narrower and taller, the 360 Modena is a great achievement under that pathetic and userfriendly approach misconception design theme.

For me the lower and, to a certain extend, the larger the better.

Effer, I agree with you, but we still haven't the official laptime of stradale at nurburgring. let's wait...

danpiu said:
Concerning comparison Nsx vs. Modena you reported, it is not an easy job comparing two cars which have different specs and are not build in the same age and price range. Anyway, apart from that, can you ensure that 1:09 is the suited benchmark/laptime you set for an Nsx ??? :rolleyes:
I think there are some other seconds to press out from our Nsx, or not? (Thoughts goes to Enzo Rota)

Of ocurse there are seconds to take away, maybe two. But still I doubt that you can go below 1:07 with the NSX. I was able to do quite well with the Modena even if I had a lot of respect for a car that I do not know how it handles and it is not mine. Also the best of the Ferrari ca be taken down a bit, maybe to 1:02-03s. The Ferarri had new brakes and tires and nobody was trying to abuse them too much. I think that the 4-5 seconds between the two cars are quite well representative of the real performance of these on a quite slower track. On a faster track (Monza?) the 360F1 would have literally killed the NSX.

danpiu said:
giussi, do you have the ranking list of lap-times ?????
I've heard that EVO 7 was unbeatable!

They were very fast, about the same times as the Modena. I do nothave a list with times...

A nice plus: Luca Cadalora (professional GP Motorcycle driver and twice world champion on a Honda) was there with his quite modded Evo VII and Montecarlo plates... he was very fast but he enjoyed more drifting around that setting a best lap. :cool:

Giussi, I can't imagine that a Modena would be 5 seconds faster than an NSX on track. Have you readen the article in Road&Track 2000 or 2001 about the tracktest at Laguna Seca, when 97 NSX was fighting against Vette, 911 and Modena? NSX lost only 3 seconds over Modena. The gap resulted by the smaller engine and the worse brakes. The handling of NSX is still competitive with a Modena. I agree with you, when you say Modena would kill the NSX on a faster track like Monza or SPA.
But this is not the way to make a real comparison.
I never drove a Modena before (so seriously I can't talk about it), but I often saw it accelerating on streets and I really was not so impressed. I still ask to myself from where are the 400 hp come?

Luca Cadalora ?? Wow !!! What a great moment fighting against a former Champion! :D :D :D

gheba_nsx said:
A nice plus: Luca Cadalora (professional GP Motorcycle driver and twice world champion on a Honda) was there with his quite modded Evo VII

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's Luca Cadalora and his Evo. You can see the Montecarlo white-blue number plate.

Too bad I still did not find a photo with him outside the car...

Attachments

• evotme.jpg
    evotme.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 693
It was written in the thread above.

gheba_nsx said:
It is in Lodrino (Ticino is the Swiss state) on a military airport that we rented for one day. Lodrino is 30 miles form the Saint Gotthard, probably the most important mountain in th Alps and the main north-south axe in Europe.

It was very cold (30-40 F) since it is quit high, 2700 feets above the sea level.

Back