• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Thanks YOJACK1....I am back in a NSX!

Well, I decided against a Ferrari after driving out to San Diego last week and having one bought out from underneath me. I told the seller I would take the F360 and drive out the next day from Phoenix. Rented a car the next day and my wife and I drove to San Diego. Unfortunately, the seller sold the car while I was en route. Boy, I was pissed!

Anyways, I found out YOJACK1 was selling their 2005 NSX so after a few phone calls Thursday morning, I flew to San Francisco that afternoon. Yes, first phone call in the morning; flying less than six hours later! They agreed to split my travel costs so how much better could it get?

Why did I jump so fast??? Because after one phone call with Jack and Yolanda, I was convinced they were really great, honest people and were representing the car just as it was; perfect!

Flew out only hours after first speaking with Jack and Yolanda. They promptly met me at San Francisco airport. We went to their house and looked at the car. Oh my Gawd! This 2005 NSX is perfect! Perfect! I said, "I'll take it!"

These are about the nicest people I have ever met! Super fun to speak with...super fun to talk cars with...just super fun people! They have a stable of cool cars and take car of them like they are their babies!

Got a hotel that night and woke up the next morning. Jack and Yolanda picked me up at the hotel and off we drove to the bank. Transferred the funds into their account and off I went....12 hours drive to Phoenix in my new NSX!

I want to thank Jack and Yolanda for being so nice! These are exactly the kind of people I love to see here on NSX Forum. No agenda, just nice, super honest folks! Everything they represented was the 100% truth. No surprises, no disappointments, just a great transaction.

I am now the proud owner of one of the nicest 2005 Red/Tan NSX's in the world thanks to YOJACK1!

wow what a rapid turn of events...good for you finding a well kept example of the last year,good luck with it.I'm sure you are aware of Jacks fab skills with his custom spoiler ect...

Jack made that spoiler himself and kept it. I don't blame him. It is gorgeous!

As you can see, I took the whole transaction quite well. :frown: The only damage incurred on his return trip back to Phoenix were the fingernail marks left on the side of the door as I hung on while he was leaving. Enjoy the car Rob! Your a great guy.

IMG_7406.jpg

Damn I look good in that car!

congrats to both parties. i saw this car at nsxpo and it is a very nice example of the last year of the nsx. excited for you!

tom

what front lip is that and how many miles:biggrin:

I'd say that it's a great loss for the Bay Area but I know Jack and Yo will still come out now and again and because they're both car people I'll run into them at random events. But most of all, I'm proud to call them both close personal friends so I know I'll see them whenever Yo makes her enchiladas and invites me over to dinner or lunch again! :biggrin: Yo, my BFF and I will expect our invitation soon! LOL

Enjoy the car, Rob. They did (whenever they had the time to take it out) and I know they want you to also.

J

Car looks great man. Btw the lip is a downforce one to who was asking. You can see the small vents on the side.

NICE that car looks so much better than an F-car better choice.

" proud owner of one of the nicest 2005 Red/Tan NSX's in the world "

I think we all can say the same about our cars we love'em just as much.

Car looks great man. Btw the lip is a downforce one to who was asking. You can see the small vents on the side.

Just for the record, Jack prototyped, built the mold, painted and installed the lip on his own in his backyard. I don't mean to be contradictory, just want credit where it's due.

J

UHG......a sad loss for the NSX Bay Area community but I know Jack and Yo will be around.......anyway we know where they live and will go there and drag them out of their house to hang out with us.........:biggrin:

I am however a little disappointed though because I was on my way to Jack's with cash in hand only to arrive just after Rob left......:eek::mad::frown:

Congrats Rob....you got one of the best from two of the best people.

So whats the OVER/UNDER on Jack and Yo getting back into an NSX?

BTW - Yo gave me this short vid of Jack as a kid from back in the day...........

73077798-M.gif

Had SOS install my new Pride v2 exhaust Thursday and does it sound good!

Wow, I loved this NSX at NSXPO 2010. Jack and Yolanda did a great job leading us through the Death Valley drive.

This was one of my favorite NSXs ever, it's so clean and great looking.

I was not aware it was for sale!!! I would have bought it myself!!! :mad::mad:

Congrats Rob, take care of that beauty!!! At least it's closer to me now. :biggrin:

I might go steal it one night, and leave another NSX in its place...maaaaybe you won't notice... :biggrin:

Congrats Rob, take care of that beauty!!! At least it's closer to me now. :biggrin:

I might go steal it one night, and leave another NSX in its place...maaaaybe you won't notice... :biggrin:

I can personally confirm, if Rob owns it, it will be diligently maintained to the highest degree.

maybe swap a Ford GT, an F430, R8 Spyder, or Murcielago and he wouldn't mind... :smile:

Thanks Chase! Had it tinted yesterday and having the clear bra removed and a new one put back on this Tuesday!

I am way too anal!

I can personally confirm, if Rob owns it, it will be diligently maintained to the highest degree.

maybe swap a Ford GT, an F430, R8 Spyder, or Murcielago and he wouldn't mind... :smile:

Back