• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The (2nd) Official 2016 F1 thread

How does everyone like the NBC color commentary team...

I can't stand Diffey. Hobbs is ok. Matchett drives me nuts with how often he uses the word "absolutely". I've counted some broadcasts. Some races he averaged once every 30 seconds. I REALLY miss Bob Varsha doing F1.

I can't stand Diffey. Hobbs is ok. Matchett drives me nuts with how often he uses the word "absolutely". I've counted some broadcasts. Some races he averaged once every 30 seconds. I REALLY miss Bob Varsha doing F1.

Varsha was the worse of the 3 stooges

yes they really do say the same thing over and over...I like the fellow in the pits...but he also asks the same questions of the drivers every race.

Pit reporting is the best part of the US shows... but the UK show's reporting are the best.

How do you get SkySports in CA???

haha I'm sure these guys are gonna laugh at us analog guys...I'm with comcast and all they have is bbc.....I'm sure sky is found on the streaming services like amazon prime or hulu or maybe netflix?

haha I'm sure these guys are gonna laugh at us analog guys...I'm with comcast and all they have is bbc.....I'm sure sky is found on the streaming services like amazon prime or hulu or maybe netflix?

Yeah, but exactly where/how... inquiring minds want to know!!!

How do you get SkySports in CA???

;)

STOP USING VHS!!

Yeah, but exactly where/how... inquiring minds want to know!!!

Torrents bromigo! Might not be live, but it beats watching it on NBCSN (?) with the 3 stooges commentating. Oh and no commercials!

Jenson Button in his McHonda was 3rd fastest in FP2! I don't expect a podium finish or for him to remain in that position come qual and race, but I sure hope it's a sign of the team moving up the field!!

Yeah bit of a turn around but FP3 should show the real pace of the rest, he was still 1.209 off the Mercs tho right?

I thought they had reverted to the old format for this race. F'n BS!

I thought they had reverted to the old format for this race. F'n BS!

bernie and todt won't let them! EVERYONE else want to change back!

they are now threatening 2015 quali but with aggregate of 2 fastest laps.. that's going to be easy to follow!

the drivers are right when they said, in the open letter, that the decision makers need to get their act together!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/35954305

Last edited:
just finished spending most of my Sunday indoors watching the fab four of racing (for me). Supercross, World Superbike, MotoGP and Formula 1. time for me to get outdoors.

but how the hell is the Haas team doing so damn well?!

cos they are ferrari?

surely there was no sharing of data all the while Haas were using ferraris parts in ferrari's wind tunnel???? amazing coincidence that ferrari have taken a step change closer to mercedes....

obviously this would contravene rules, no conspiracy theories here, but ex-ferrari boss heading FIA, bernie would bend over backwards for ferrari, and FIA isn't known as 'ferrari international assistance' over here for nothing! :)

cos they are ferrari?

surely there was no sharing of data all the while Haas were using ferraris parts in ferrari's wind tunnel???? amazing coincidence that ferrari have taken a step change closer to mercedes....

obviously this would contravene rules, no conspiracy theories here, but ex-ferrari boss heading FIA, bernie would bend over backwards for ferrari, and FIA isn't known as 'ferrari international assistance' over here for nothing! :)

explain Toro Rosso then?

just finished spending most of my Sunday indoors watching the fab four of racing (for me). Supercross, World Superbike, MotoGP and Formula 1. time for me to get outdoors.

1. Ferrari Power
2. Steiner is no slouch
3. Grosjean is a really good race driver and test driver and gives good feedback.
I think they could have tried a little harder to find an American #2 driver but it was a real coup getting Grosjean to come to a startup team.

It's not like Haas is a shmuck who overnight decided to start an F1 team. 20 years in the NASCAR show, plus his main business, he finds good people. Kinda like a modern Roger Penske, minus the attention.

Last edited:
Back