• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The APR GTC-300 wing is really growing on me, think it's a keeper!

I really can't handle it high on the street it's something I'd have to change at the track.

what about the high wing can't you handle:confused:

The look. It's too boy racer for me even. Lower like rick has it I can handle.

A few thoughts from my end, food for thought:

a) If you drive your car a lot (DD) a big high wing will definitely attract more attention from anyone (LE, spectators, ricers, etc)

b) I believe Dhalsim, Batman and all the other guys with big wings have extensions on them so they sit about 4-5" higher than mine. Their wings do not block their rearward vision because essentially it's the same height as their roofline.

c) In my case, even though it's better than the R-wing, mine still blocks some rearward visibility. I have mine set at "middle" height meaning it can go higher but it will never reach atmospheric height like the race cars! haha

d) Quality of the APR is superb! Fitment is spot on using OEM holes so you can remove it anytime. If I had to drill holes this mod would never have happened.

Since I've posted this thread quite a few of you guys have installed larger wings including synth with his famous Imola. The look is really amazing on the NSX stock body or not. Check out his photos or maybe he will chime in here.

haha @ "atmospheric height." That's funny! IMO it's about personal preference. I wasn't a big fan of BAW'S (big ass wings) in the past. Over the last few years, many street cars are going with a more track look. Call it poser if you will, but it just comes down to personal preference. An occasional track day for me certainly doesn't justify my J's racing wing, but I like the look of it. I love Rick's APR, but I want to see him mix up the wheels! :D

On the subject of BAW is it personal preference or are some better than others for track work on a stock body, i suppose what i am asking which is more functional not just looks

I have seen the Voltex in person and in my personal opinion, the APR GTC-300 is more fluid in design and doesn't look as tacked on.

Of course this is highly subjective but with no other aero add-ons for my car besides the Difflow diffuser, I felt the APR fit the car the best.

synth: At some point I may try some new wheels, been running the same setup for like 4 years now, not baller enough to change wheels like you do!

DSC_7067-3.jpg

DSC_6950.jpg

modp_0908_16_o%2Bthird_annual_modified_tuner_shootout%2B1992_acura_nsx_on_track.jpg

modp_0908_05_o%2Bthird_annual_modified_tuner_shootout%2Bscienceofspeed_1992_acura_nsx.jpg

I did my research and picked APR years ago and stick by it.

After Bat's post, reminded me of one other thing about the APR I like....the side winglets are easily removeable so you can have different color sides or change them up as you see fit for street / track duty. As you can see on the SOS one, they did a white color contrast.

I like that White NSX from Hawaii ~ looks very aggressive! Everything about that car looks pretty cool except the LED tails which do not look up to par in quality to the rest of the car. What's that blue thing in the engine bay?

We need a picture of Synth's car to represent in this thread since I like this wing on Imola! :)

Rick are you saying you can go even lower?

Rick are you saying you can go even lower?

Yes it can go higher or lower and the rake angle can change. Right now I have it on the middle hole up front to keep it relatively flat. I guess if I want to do supersonic speeds I can create mad downforce by using the lower hole? :)

Not the best picture but you can see the holes here:

This thing is massive in person.... what have I done....

scared.jpg

Going on this weekend.

It's kind of like wearing a pink shirt with leather pants. You have to be really secure with your decision. Not that I have ever worn that.... just want to clarify lol

Back