• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The eagle landed! The NSX is safe in the garrage!

The eagle landed! The NSX is safe in the garrage! Pics available...

Well guys after 3 weeks and about 5.5k the 91 Sebring Silver is home and the drive back from the Barn Man, Barney, (in Nashville) was great. The car feels awesome.

I had a lot of work done - clutch, master, slave, flywheel, coolant and oil cooler hoses, axel boots, steering rack and SOS bushings, expansion tank, timing belt, water pump, belts, fluids, everything bled, valves adjusted, and I put back the OEM springs and got the much needed inch back of height and the Eibachs are off and it was aligned by Barney and other incidentals that I'm sure I'm forgetting = 5.5k and now have 34k in my 91 which is now perfect. I wanted to put the prices in here because I am eager to hear what others might say about what I had done vs the dollars spent. I know it was a great deal and I encourage any of you needing some serious work done to consider that the Barn Man IS THE MAN! Barney is second to none as many of you know he has a stellar reputation, Larry B will support that. So if you live in the South or around Nashville - you can't get a more qualified guy to do the work and he actually likes working on them! That's a big plus and his character and posture to strive for excellence is rare indeed these days.

I am soooooo glad I changed the springs out. It feels better to me but then I'm not young like some of you and I don't mind the sacrifice in handling that the Eibachs and lower stance gave it. If anyone wants the Eibach progressive springs I'll make you a good deal on them - make me an offer.

There you have it - the car feels great and it runs like a top and it is the GREATEST CAR I've EVER OWNED!

Last edited:
glad to hear that. i while i was driving my nsx on the way home from work today i was thinking about you. I was wondering if you got your car back and how did you think of the car after it was done to your liking. glad you are enjoying it.

Well I was wondering what my wife would say after a ride - her first one - and she said it was faster than my old 993 and that's saying something.

Everything works great! I even think the radio is good - not like some of these modern stereo systems but pretty damn good I think. The Prev. Owner sent it to Willams and apparently they did a good job.

The AC is good too. It'll freeze you out on low. But it's hard to adjust it down - I'm better off messing with the fan speed and keeping it on cold or all the way down. Wonder if you guys experience that - I am in the south.

The car rides really well and I'll be testing out a lot in the next week. It's in great shape cosmetically. The seats are nicer than I remembered so I believe I'll just treat them with Lexan conditioner and see how that works. They seem like they could use some conditioner but they are comfy.

The interior does squeak a bit - no rattles really but some squeaks in places in the dash I think - and some of the plastic pieces around the windsheild area - anyone else experience this? Anything you can do about it?

Anyway it's a great ride and the NSX is a fabulous car! Glad I have one. It does turn the heads out there. Nobody knows what it is I don't think - hell you never see em - no wonder. I'm doing my part to advertise!

More later.... oh, the eibachs are for sale - in case that wasn't clear. I had em on parts for 250 obo - so I'll entertain any reasonable offer. I thought I had em sold the first day I posted them and announced that so I may have messed up the ad. Anyway, they are for sale.

Thanks everyone, more on the adventure in the days to come.

Tim

Well I was wondering what my wife would say after a ride - her first one - and she said it was faster than my old 993 and that's saying something.

Everything works great! I even think the radio is good - not like some of these modern stereo systems but pretty damn good I think. The Prev. Owner sent it to Willams and apparently they did a good job.

The AC is good too. It'll freeze you out on low. But it's hard to adjust it down - I'm better off messing with the fan speed and keeping it on cold or all the way down. Wonder if you guys experience that - I am in the south.

The car rides really well and I'll be testing out a lot in the next week. It's in great shape cosmetically. The seats are nicer than I remembered so I believe I'll just treat them with Lexan conditioner and see how that works. They seem like they could use some conditioner but they are comfy.

The interior does squeak a bit - no rattles really but some squeaks in places in the dash I think - and some of the plastic pieces around the windsheild area - anyone else experience this? Anything you can do about it?

Anyway it's a great ride and the NSX is a fabulous car! Glad I have one. It does turn the heads out there. Nobody knows what it is I don't think - hell you never see em - no wonder. I'm doing my part to advertise!

More later.... oh, the eibachs are for sale - in case that wasn't clear. I had em on parts for 250 obo - so I'll entertain any reasonable offer. I thought I had em sold the first day I posted them and announced that so I may have messed up the ad. Anyway, they are for sale.

Thanks everyone, more on the adventure in the days to come.

Tim

if you leave it on full auto mode with the climate control, its basically set it and forget it. the only problem is with the heat. the a/c compressor cycles on and off constantly unless it is set to max heat. so if you want heat up north its best to manually turn the a/c off.

the squeaks in the dash is from the vinyls rubbing against each other. its best to use some kind of silicon spray between the seams but that is only a temp fix.

Wow, sounds like a great car.
Congrats and have a plast with your NSX.
Post some photos when your done driving.

Hey Tim,

Congrats on getting your ride home :D

From your post it seems that you have done as much to return the car back to as close as original condition as possible, and have addressed a lot of preventive/deferred maintainance items.

One very important thing to keep in mind is that dampers can degrade even if the car is not driven, more so if the car had Eibach lowering springs that puts a bit more stress on the dampers compared to the OEM springs. Even reinstalling the OEM springs might not get you back to the way the NSX handled when it came off the factory floor in 1991.

Just something to keep in mind.

Have a great time enjoying your NSX :cool:

Ken

Tim,
Glad you made it home with no issues. Car sounds awesome. You better get out there and shoot some pics or you're never gonna hear the end.... Barn is special. Congrats to you and the wife. :smile: John

nsx home photos 008.jpg

nsx home photos 013.jpg

nsx home photos 018.jpg

nsx home photos 012.jpg

Hope you guys like these pics! I know I didn't take a picture with me and today's paper but you'll just have to trust me. Enjoy!

My car is in the shop since last Monday and I will tell you I am paid about the same as you. My guy said it's probably going to be another week before I can see her. :( By this rate my mechanic will have seen her more than I have. :frown:

Hey Tim, car looks very, very good. I know you must be really pleased with the final results of your search and purchase and subsequent reconditioning. I'll bet you are walking out to the garage every 15 minutes or so just to take a quick look. I know after 3+ years of ownership I still do that (even when it's under the cover). :biggrin: Enjoy. Let's see if we can't plan an event in Charlotte, NC sometime in the next few months so we can meet.

You bet John, that'd be great. Yep, I'm wiping it off and I zymol'd the interior and it looks really as nice inside as it does out side. THe seats are much better than I had remembered them being and they feel really nice now. I just have to watch getting in and hitting my speaker in the door with my foot. Damn these cars aren't easy to get in and out of.

Honda may have made them easy to drive and they did, but they aren't easy to get in and out of. But it's like a race car and jet fighter all in one. The roof needs to fold up so you could step in like if you were on the wing getting into the cockpit of an airplane. I've got the hang of getting in - it's that speaker I gotta watch out for.

I'm in for the ralley! I have had some great drives in it already. WOW - what a car! It runs so good. It is really fast too.

It is truly a mechanical marvel. I feel very fortunate to the cars new "steward". It's a real priveledge to own one. Can't say that about a lot of cars.

Talk soon,
Tim
Hope everyone likes the pics

To be really honest, I have never been a huge fan of the Sebring Silver NSX.
I have always thought that color to be a bit bland for a car like the NSX.

HOWEVER, I must admit that seeing your NSX with the black roof makes the car look much better than the ones with the Silver colored top.

Would really like to see some more (and bigger) pictures :)

Tim,
Looks great. Sorry we wern't able to connect on your way thru Chattanooga. Next time, bring clubs and let's hit the links! Great talking to you as well.
-Robert

Congrats, It sounds like you have got everything taken care of... for a good long time. Enjoy yourself!

Safe in the garage! That's how I feel every time I get it home safe and sound. Whew!

Looks great Tim. What's the VIN? I wonder if it's close to my '91.

Tim....and his car.....was a pleasure to work with! The car is a very nice, well kept, smooth running car. The paint was in incredible shape for it's age. The previous owner really kept the car protected well.

I'd like to thank Tim and John for all of their kind comments...as always they are greatly appreciated. Guys like that make it a pleasure to do what I do.

Have a great rest of the week all,
Barney Demonbreun

Nice, like the color scheme and rims. Very clean looking car. congrats!

Back