• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Mythical $25k NSX.

Would you sell your NSX for less than $25k?

• Yes

Votes: 21 8.0%
  • No

Votes: 221 84.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 21 8.0%

• Total voters
"And I won't stop until someone has admitted that I won this flame war all by myself."

I am truly "An Army of One"!!!

http://mediaeater.tumblr.com/archive

Tracking............

You can find 'em. But within the 1st 5000 miles you will have much more into it.
Pay now, or pay later.

well to be honest, if you're already planning to go crazy with it (re-do the engine internals, suspension, kit, wheels, brakes, interior, etc) you ARE saving a lot by going with an older model year and higher mileage. Why drop $60k for an '05 when you could drop $20k for a '92 with many miles and put that $40k into the mods and restoration and end up with a better performing car? :confused:

Last edited:
no :mad:, i have to pay my nsx 34000€ = 51000$, with the expenses that made above (exhaust, shock absorber, brake, bearing of wheels… maintain, + full with small parts has to replace) +/- 4000$ in more… not question of selling it have 25000$, in any event, I n' to sell it, I do not want am in love with my beautiful NSX!:smile:
NSX NA1, 1992 formula red :biggrin:

I purchased my Berlina Black 93 in July of 06 for 22K from a guy that would have rather owned a Ferrari. Though, I don't share in his sentiments, I did and still do have some issues with mine. For instance, upon purchase I knew that the A/C Compessor and the O2 sensor needed to be replaced. It had 142k miles. No wiper blades or rear view mirror; the side mirrors aren't working; the spare tire and the air pump, not included; aftermarket 18/19 Racing Hart Wheels; the suspension in the front knocks; and the trunk struts need to be replaced. The only items I've fixed in my two years of ownership is the O2 sensor and I switched to silver Volk GT-Cs.

Between getting married and starting a family, I have neglected my baby. :frown:But I would never sale her for under 25K.:eek: And if I did I wouldn't sale it in it's current condition anyhow.

I purchased my Berlina Black 93 in July of 06 for 22K from a guy that would have rather owned a Ferrari. Though, I don't share in his sentiments, I did and still do have some issues with mine. For instance, upon purchase I knew that the A/C Compessor and the O2 sensor needed to be replaced. It had 142k miles. No wiper blades or rear view mirror; the side mirrors aren't working; the spare tire and the air pump, not included; aftermarket 18/19 Racing Hart Wheels; the suspension in the front knocks; and the trunk struts need to be replaced. The only items I've fixed in my two years of ownership is the O2 sensor and I switched to silver Volk GT-Cs.

Between getting married and starting a family, I have neglected my baby. :frown:But I would never sale her for under 25K.:eek: And if I did I wouldn't sale it in it's current condition anyhow.

Welcome! I would say those are fairly common issues for a car with 150k on it. As long as you maintain it, Timing belt comes to mind, you should be ok in the long run.

And at the very least (assuming its your wife, not your GF in the pic) you have a nice looking girl to go with the car!

Welcome. For that kind of money you should expect $5-7K worth of repairs to get her back to her prime. Just stash some $$$ aside every chance you get and eventually you can tackle them one at a time.

FYI-Greenlight Honda in Kearny Mesa is a good place to go for maintenence. Jerry Sample is a certified NSX tech and went out on his own.

BTW Nice choice in wheels.

Enjoy the car!

So you're saying that instead of selling your car for $22k you'd rather spend $6,000 on the car so you can sell it for $30k? :confused: Am I missing the logic in this?

So you're saying that instead of selling your car for $22k you'd rather spend $6,000 on the car so you can sell it for $30k? :confused: Am I missing the logic in this?
Ok...Let me break this down "Barney Style" for you. I bought NSX for 22K. I would NOT sell NSX for less than 25K. IF I sold NSX, which I most likely would NOT, I would NOT sell NSX unless it is in it's prime. However, for the sake of enteraining your mathmetical assumptions, rather I sold it for the price I bought, or spent 5-7K on it and sold it for that presumptuous 30K, either way, I would not be underneath. Nonetheless, being up-side-down isn't the point at hand Leonidas. :wink:

Welcome. For that kind of money you should expect $5-7K worth of repairs to get her back to her prime. Just stash some $$$ aside every chance you get and eventually you can tackle them one at a time.

FYI-Greenlight Honda in Kearny Mesa is a good place to go for maintenence. Jerry Sample is a certified NSX tech and went out on his own.

BTW Nice choice in wheels.

Enjoy the car!

Thank you for the welcome, compliements, and info! Since his is now doing his own thing, would you perhaps have many extra contact info on Mr. Sample?

Last edited:
Welcome! I would say those are fairly common issues for a car with 150k on it. As long as you maintain it, Timing belt comes to mind, you should be ok in the long run.

And at the very least (assuming its your wife, not your GF in the pic) you have a nice looking girl to go with the car!
Yes..that's the wifey and she was flattered when I told her.

Ok...Let me break this down "Barney Style" for you. I bought NSX for 22K. I would NOT sell NSX for less than 25K. IF I sold NSX, which I most likely would NOT, I would NOT sell NSX unless it is in it's prime. However, for the sake of enteraining your mathmetical assumptions, rather I sold it for the price I bought, or spent 5-7K on it and sold it for that presumptuous 30K, either way, I would not be underneath. Nonetheless, being up-side-down isn't the point at hand Leonidas. :wink:

You still didn't break anything down. You just wrote a bunch of stuff about the same thing.

It still doesn't make sense to invest in fixing up a car, just to get back basically the same thing that you put into the car. Why not just sell it for $25k the way it is and break away clean? What's the point is spending $6k to fix it up for the next man, just to sell it for $30k. Either way you'd come out about the same.

My question was... why go through all the trouble?

You still didn't break anything down. You just wrote a bunch of stuff about the same thing.

It still doesn't make sense to invest in fixing up a car, just to get back basically the same thing that you put into the car. Why not just sell it for $25k the way it is and break away clean? What's the point is spending $6k to fix it up for the next man, just to sell it for $30k. Either way you'd come out about the same.

My question was... why go through all the trouble?

So what gremlins did Porsche replace under warranty ? :)

You questioned why people would pay 70k for a ferrari that will not depreciate but you bought a car for nearly that much that will be worth 30k in 3 years time. Nice!

Should have bought an Nsx or Ferrari enjoyed it and got most your money back instead you made a poor decision (your heart mislead you) now your car is depreciating more. lol lol Tick Tock

So what gremlins did Porsche replace under warranty ? :)

You questioned why people would pay 70k for a ferrari that will not depreciate but you bought a car for nearly that much that will be worth 30k in 3 years time. Nice!

Should have bought an Nsx or Ferrari enjoyed it and got most your money back instead you made a poor decision (your heart mislead you) now your car is depreciating more. lol lol Tick Tock

#1) Had I bought a Ferrari and actually drove it then it would have depreciated.

#2) If you knew anything about the cost of ownership of Ferrari's then you'd know that every mile equals about $1.00 in up keep. So who cares if you can sell the car for about the same as you bought it if you spent $30,000 keeping up the car.

#3) I didn't buy my car an investment. I know that it's going to depreciate. Probably not as much as you would like it to in 3 years, but I understand that that's going to happen.

911's don't depreciate too much more than NSX's. Maybe in the beginning, but in the end, it all levels out.

Take for instance this fine specimen of a 911.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...1&doors=&transmission=&max_price=&cardist=302

I took the time to call my friend over at the dealership and he looked up the original MSRP and it went for $73,152.00 USD in 1991. The owner is asking for $26,500 and the car has 64,000 miles.

Now I don't see too much of a difference from that?

And that was an "average" price. They have lower mileage ones like this one

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...4&transmission=&doors=&max_price=&cardist=683

going for $49k.

So don't bash Porsche for depreciation. My car isn't going to be $30k in three years.

#4) I've had my car for 4 months and have had 0 problems. It's not 1991 anymore. Porsche actually made changes and improved on their vehicle.

#5) I love my car and love dirivng it. It's one of the best handling cars I have ever driven in my life. The AWD is simply amazing and the power deliverly is awesome. The fit and finish is beautiful inside and out and the amenities like a 13 speaker Bose system and Navi and a suede lined roof just make it better. Every time someone get's into my car, they always mention how they never realized how much attention to detail the 911 has. They also comment on how nice the cabin layout is.

I'm sorry, but I have driven a couple of 348's and I was not at all impressed. It was loud, but the interior left a lot to be desired and the power was so-so. The engine sounded great and I "felt" important. But I'd rather be in my C4S in the mountains.

And as for the NSX. This is an NSX forum so I'm not going there. All I'm going to say is that I considered it and was very close to getting one. I just wanted something a bit more modern with more of an upscale appeal.

#

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...4&transmission=&doors=&max_price=&cardist=683

going for $49k.

Please try to be more careful with the vehicles you select for your comparisons.

This is not a typical 964. This is a limited edition America Roadster. Like the Speedster, and the RS America, they hold their value much better than the average 964. They were also more expensive than a normal 964.

We may be an NSX forum, but you would be surprised at the amount of Porsche knowledge to be found here.

Please try to be more careful with the vehicles you select for your comparisons.

This is not a typical 964. This is a limited edition America Roadster. Like the Speedster, and the RS America, they hold their value much better than the average 964. They were also more expensive than a normal 964.

We may be an NSX forum, but you would be surprised at the amount of Porsche knowledge to be found here.

Fine then.... you got me. Here you go :wink:

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...4&doors=&transmission=&max_price=&cardist=725

14 years old C4. 62,000 miles. $47,999 USD. Not even an S model.

$22K + $6K = $28K

$30K - $28K = $2K

Yeah, I think you're missing something.

gay_thread.jpg

nastinupe1, For the umteenth time:

stallowned.jpg

$22K + $6K = $28K

$30K - $28K = $2K

Yeah, I think you're missing something.

What about the work and effort put into the car? What about waiting 6 months to sell your car. Is it worth putting $6000 into a car in HOPES that it will sell for $30k? What happens if it sells for only $28,000k? What if it never sells?

#1) Had I bought a Ferrari and actually drove it then it would have depreciated.
911's don't depreciate too much more than NSX's. Maybe in the beginning, but in the end, it all levels out.
Take for instance this fine specimen of a 911.
I took the time to call my friend over at the dealership and he looked up the original MSRP and it went for $73,152.00 USD in 1991. The owner is asking for $26,500 and the car has 64,000 miles.
Now I don't see too much of a difference from that?
going for $49k.
So don't bash Porsche for depreciation. My car isn't going to be $30k in three years.
#4) I've had my car for 4 months and have had 0 problems. It's not 1991 anymore. Porsche actually made changes and improved on their vehicle.
#5) I love my car and love dirivng it. It's one of the best handling cars I have ever driven in my life. The AWD is simply amazing and the power deliverly is awesome. The fit and finish is beautiful inside and out and the amenities like a 13 speaker Bose system and Navi and a suede lined roof just make it better. Every time someone get's into my car, they always mention how they never realized how much attention to detail the 911 has. They also comment on how nice the cabin layout is.
I'm sorry, but I have driven a couple of 348's and I was not at all impressed. It was loud, but the interior left a lot to be desired and the power was so-so. The engine sounded great and I "felt" important. But I'd rather be in my C4S in the mountains.
And as for the NSX. This is an NSX forum so I'm not going there. All I'm going to say is that I considered it and was very close to getting one. I just wanted something a bit more modern with more of an upscale appeal.

Yes the interior of 997 is lovely. The 964 is the lightest 911 offered in standard trim. Your 997 is not a limited edition nor is it an RS or a Turbo, you purchased the heaviest slowest 911 offered today you do realize this?

The 964 had two issues one was hvac control unit failure-flaps and other double disc failure both could fixed within reasonable price. Unlike the 996 and 997 which is plagued by engine failures not since the 74-77 cars has their been so many catastrophic failures the same goes the boxter engines etc...

The 964 had much more substance and was hand built unlike your 997. For the price of your 997 you could have bought a 993 twinturbo which has zero depreciation or a higher mileage F355 which has conolly leather sells all day night for 50k with high mile, same goes for 6 speed nsx's.

IMO and others having owned a 911, the C4 has always been the hated love child its somewhere between a wana be track car and daily driver snowplower, its fully functional in a turbo porsche not base.

Again, your lack of knowledge betrays you.

The 1994 C4 is a limited edition widebody.

http://www.c4widebody.com/Information.html

I caught that one too...
This guys just fails over and over.

He shows us how he knows nothing about Porsche over and over, and compares his common 2 year old entry level 911 against a rare 17 yr old icon in 90's automobile history.

Yes, you if you want to travel and look hard you can buy a NSX maintenance-due around $25K.
99% chance that seller will be calling you a sucker.

Your 911 is not even "HOT" unless all your peers are driving mid priced sedans.

You know what everyone is thinking around you......
Your status = "I couldn't afford the turbo" :wink:

Last edited:
i bought my first 91 red/black, manual nsx with 22k for $27,000.00 clean title. prestine condition.....lucked out.......sold it to my older brother.

Back