• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The new NSX at the Detroit Show...

Found this on AutoSpies.com. They had a spy (sorta speak) at the show yesterday, sneaking pics during the show set-up. There are several other pics on the site, none as good, but the car you see partially draped is center stage under the Acura Advanced Concept sign...

Attachments

• AASPC.JPG
    AASPC.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 636
Looking ugly so far, but I will reserve final judgment until the veil is off.

Nice handle btw.

At first glance, I thought the same, but I've been tweaking the car cover for hard edges in P-Shop and I'm starting to get a better idea of what they're hiding. It looks like the recent AASCC rendering.

Last edited:
Bet you it's going look like this POS!

xlr05_01.jpg

It certainly does look a lot like the Acura Advance under the tarp.... Different though so I'm not sure what it is.

4.jpg

Looks like a front engine layout:frown:

Danny

In the years leading up to today, various magazines have reached deep into the vacant abyss of their staff's knowledge and come up with futile attempts to bump dwindling newstand sales, with far-fetched renderings usually generated by an over-active teenage mind that has spent more time with Photoshop then popping pimples.

We've all seen the image below. My sources tell me this is what's hiding under the cover, although they could not confirm it's the successor to the NSX, or if it will be labeled an NSX. Gentlemen, it appears we no longer have a "Japerrari". We have the next generation... Vette!

attachment.php

"The new NSX at the Detroit Show"

Is Honda calling this the next NSX?
Or is everyone else?

Everyone else. Honda has said "succesor" many times not "replacement". We want a replacement not Honda. Hence we keep saying the next NSX:biggrin:

"The new NSX at the Detroit Show"

Is Honda calling this the next NSX?
Or is everyone else?

We are the only ones calling it an NSX. Everyone else is calling it the "Acura Advanced Sports Car". I'll take pics this week, I'll be there on Thursday night for Industry night. Press days are Monday/Tuesday so there'll be plenty online before then though.

I'm going over when the public show starts. I'll bring pics back.

Too me, once the long rear end is gone, the engine goes up front, the one of a kind spoiler gets nixed.... The car will not draw what it once did. It'll just be another high priced car.

I'll bring pics.

man, i miss going to the auto show - definitely an experience.....

oh, and take pictures of the jeep showcase..... it's always the best.:cool:

This today from a detroit news reporter

<STYLE> a:link {font-weight: medium;}p { font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; font-weight: normal; line-height: 140%; } </STYLE><SCRIPT language=JavaScript>self.name="newswindow";function blogletters(){scores=window.open("/autostalk/writeus.cfm?topic=Weblog&whichblog=autoshowblog&forum=blogs&referrer=http://info.detnews.com/weblog/index.cfm","writeus",'toolbar=0,menubar=0,scrollbars=1,resizable=1,status=1,width=550,height=500');}</SCRIPT><!--end ARCHIVED BLOG ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~--->
John McCormick
<SMALL>Sun, Jan 7, 2007 at 1:41 PM</SMALL>
Honda
NSX successor concept revealed

Sports car enthusiasts will be intrigued by the concept shown by Acura that hints at the next generation of the vaunted NSX.
Created at Honda's Los Angeles studio, the 'Advanced Sports Car concept' has sharp-edged design cues that communicate precision engineering, says principal designer Jon Ikeda.
Under the skin is a front-mounted V-10 engine - Honda's first - and rear wheel drive. All wheel drive also will be offered.

http://forums.detnews.com/newsblog/index.cfm:mad:

That car doesn't look low and mean enough to be a next generation NSX. Looks more like a TL coupe.

Looks like they're going after the ferrari 599 instead of the 430.... I've realized something about myself over the ownership of my nsx... i'm just not going to be happy unless my sports car is a mid engined car (then again, i'm being a hypocrite b/c i still want a skyline gt-r but still).... Guess I'll start saving up for a 360 and learn to live with the maintenance costs..

I'd say it is a pretty large let down for NSX fans including myself. The HSC as much better IMO. If they would have just thrown the V10 in the HSC and cleaned up the rear a little it would have been a hit.

+2 please Honda still make the HSC:biggrin:

Back