• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The new NSX at the Detroit Show...

Maybe I am not seeing what most of you are seeing or perhaps I am seeing what only a few of you are, but I find this car extraordinarily handsome!

It is low [48 in]; wide [78 in]; about six inches longer than the LF-A or the P.911 [which are both 175.6 in long].

The LF-A is a great car and it should have astounding performance but going by looks alone, this NSX replacement is by far the better looker. It is muscular and sensuous, lithe and athletic looking. The skin has the appearance of rippling muscles beneath.

It is clearly one of the most beautiful designs for any exotic from any country.

Maybe I am not seeing what most of you are seeing or perhaps I am seeing what only a few of you are, but I find this car extraordinarily handsome!

It is low [48 in]; wide [78 in]; about six inches longer than the LF-A or the P.911 [which are both 175.6 in long].

The LF-A is a great car and it should have astounding performance but going by looks alone, this NSX replacement is by far the better looker. It is muscular and sensuous, lithe and athletic looking. The skin has the appearance of rippling muscles beneath.

It is clearly one of the most beautiful designs for any exotic from any country.

What a lot of people don't remember is everbody dissing the LF-A concept. The pictures we see now of the LF-A are a lot further along. While this is the first we've seen of the ASC. It might look a lot better at the Tokyo auto show. Plus we've been hearing for a long time that their next sportscar was going to be front engine most of us just didn't want to accept it. As far as bad response goes who else beside people here are saying they don't like it?

What a lot of people don't remember is everbody dissing the LF-A concept. The pictures we see now of the LF-A are a lot further along. While this is the first we've seen of the ASC. It might look a lot better at the Tokyo auto show. Plus we've been hearing for a long time that their next sportscar was going to be front engine most of us just didn't want to accept it. As far as bad response goes who else beside people here are saying they don't like it?

I'm still dissing the LF-A concept. What we have here, gentlemen, is a beauty contest between two ugly women. I think what some people here are really saying when they are talking about liking one design better over another is "well, that chick has less warts on her face than the other one, so I guess I'll have to live with her." Put the two ugly women in the same room with a couple of Italian (Ferrari/Lamborghini), German (Porsche/Audi), and British (Aston Martin/Lotus) beauties, and nobody would even look twice at them.

I think that folks need to be asking why there are now comparisons between the ASC and anything else that's coming out of Japan. The NSX was THE CAR when it was introduced, and it was being put head-to-head with Ferrari. Now, the ASC has been reduced to comparisons to an ugly Lexus and the unreliable Corvette. I've even seen some people comparing it's styling to the early-2000's Trans Am. Phooey! :eek:

Again, I believe it is because Honda itself realized that even if it could produce a car to compete with Fcars and Pcars, that the market, just like last time, wouldnt support it.

Where can they make a competitive car that the market can support? Its the ASC. While not an NSX, I bet it will shape up just fine in time to capture a chunk of a less exotic, more GT than sportscar, heavier and less upheaving, market.

They've lowered the bar. The NSX is DEAD and they're using whatever accolades they can pull from it to market their front engine, AWD, sub NSX, new idea.

I bet their strategy will serve them well. Why would they care if they alienate the entire market of those who anted up for an NSX. THATS 200 PEOPLE PER YEAR IN THE ENTIRE US!

WE are not even worthy of consideration IMO.

I think that folks need to be asking why there are now comparisons between the ASC and anything else that's coming out of Japan. The NSX was THE CAR when it was introduced, and it was being put head-to-head with Ferrari. Now, the ASC has been reduced to comparisons to an ugly Lexus and the unreliable Corvette. I've even seen some people comparing it's styling to the early-2000's Trans Am. Phooey! :eek:

Actually, quite the contrary is true.
If you think back of the time when the NSX was introduced, the rave reviews were for its performance and most dissed its looks as contrived and less than thrilling.

Of the ASCC's performance we know nothing of. It's looks are great and will likely improve with thoughtful changes, but it is once again the performance of the car that will make this car. Knowing Honda's engineering prowess and IF they are dedicated to this car [as they should be], I cannot see why it will not meet or exceed any other car in its category. That category is not the F-430 or the Corvette Z06 or the 911. That category is the uber GT cars from Europe, the Fiorinos the big Lambos.

That the LF-A will be in the same league is a no brainer. Those who compare the LF-A and the ASCC with lesser cars are missing the point altogether.

When the LF-A concept first came out it looked horrible. Toyota wised up and changed a few things including the ugly original headlights and i think the car is gorgeous in its current trim.
Im pretty sure the ASC will be better looking by the time the tokyo show comes around.

Okay you guys I'm just back from the autoshow and seeing the ASC. Very nice car and very sporty. It looks like a concept ( no door handles , sideview mirrors etc ). Looks very similar in proportion to the Lexus LF-A. I like the ASC better than the Lexus and I'm sure once they get beyond concept it will look better ( Can't wait for the Tokyo show:biggrin: ) better than the Lexus.

NOW I'M SAYING THIS AND YOU GUYS CAN TAKE IT AS YOU WILL. WHEN I SPOKE TO WOMAN AT THE ACURA BOOTH I ASKED HER TWO THINGS
1. WILL THE CAR AT THE TOKYO AUTOSHOW BE MORE OF A FINISHED DESIGN AND SHE SAID "YES"

2. SO THEY ARE DEFINITELY GOING WITH THE FRONT ENGINE CONFIGURATION AND SHE SAID "I'M NOT ALLOWED TO SAY"

She looked me right in the eyes and didn't flinch or hesitate when she said this so it didn't seem like she just didn't know. So it might mean something else is in the works as well or the final placement is not finalized. TAKE IT AS YOU WILL.

Okay you guys I'm just back from the autoshow and seeing the ASC. Very nice car and very sporty. It looks like a concept ( no door handles , sideview mirrors etc ). Looks very similar in proportion to the Lexus LF-A. I like the ASC better than the Lexus and I'm sure once they get beyond concept it will look better ( Can't wait for the Tokyo show:biggrin: ) better than the Lexus.

NOW I'M SAYING THIS AND YOU GUYS CAN TAKE IT AS YOU WILL. WHEN I SPOKE TO WOMAN AT THE ACURA BOOTH I ASKED HER TWO THINGS
1. WILL THE CAR AT THE TOKYO AUTOSHOW BE MORE OF A FINISHED DESIGN AND SHE SAID "YES"

2. SO THEY ARE DEFINITELY GOING WITH THE FRONT ENGINE CONFIGURATION AND SHE SAID "I'M NOT ALLOWED TO SAY"

She looked me right in the eyes and didn't flinch or hesitate when she said this so it didn't seem like she just didn't know. So it might mean something else is in the works as well or the final placement is not finalized. TAKE IT AS YOU WILL.

That just gives us a glimmer of hope!

"The Advanced Sports Car Concept was designed by the Acura's Los Angeles-based design team that will be based at the new Acura Design Center, opening this summer."

Honda sports car, designed in LA = Poop.

I must say just a day or so later and it is growing on me.
The 17 minute intro speech and video was informative.
Carbon fiber for the floor and the glass top sounds neat and the lights are way ahead of the pack.

I think there is going to be quite a bit more in this package than I had expected. Once I see it in person I'll know for sure but I'll bet I be putting down a deposit as soon as it is released. (I'll keep my NSX too)

Back