• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The new NSX at the Detroit Show...

How could they even deface the NSX by putting up a slide of it during the unvailing... the only thing the NSX and that ugly POS have in common are stagard wheels 19/20 and an Acura badge on the front.

BTW: The front intakes look like docking bays from Battle Star Glatica!

Well so far it looks better than this giant penis that Acura had previously put out at the autoshow.

News%5Cn464879a.jpg

lol:biggrin: :biggrin:

OK

AT this point I'm going to have to go Astin Martin V8... It nice, but it's not an NSX.. I'll keep my NSX and just do "something" else....maybe they didn't feel they were up to the F430 challenge,,, Ford was with the GR-40.. Honda couldn't!?

AC

It ain't bad. But it ain't no NSX "replacement" in my book. It's got entirely different genetic material.

We might as well accept the fact that the NSX was an extremely well executed, 15 year, one-off Honda. Let's just bask in that.

It ain't bad. But it ain't no NSX "replacement" in my book. It's got entirely different genetic material.

We might as well accept the fact that the NSX was an extremely well executed, 15 year, one-off Honda. Let's just bask in that.

I definetly have to agree. Its cool, there are some neat/interesting parts about it, but overall, nothing about it says "NSX", and if they bring this to production I am sure it will be a hell of a performer, but its just lacking the sole that the NSX has.
They were so close with the HSC, with some refinement that would have hit the nail on the head, but I guess we can all be glad we really own a piece of automotive history that may never be duplicated.

I can't help but feel sad seeing these pictures. I had high hopes and planned to be an owner of the NSX successor. This design is ok, but ok doesn't cut it. There is no passion. It looks like this design may share the same platform as the "giant penis" Advanced Sedan Concept.

Kill this project and Bring the HSC to production.

As it's own design - it's gorgeous. Much better aesthetically than the HSC design. It can stand on it's own w/o being associated with the NSX. V10, SH-AWD, giganto brakes, supposed paddle shifting (the real thing this time). It's everything a sports car enthusiast would want.

However, every Honda enthusiast wants an NSX replacement. The ASC isn't.

I'll be interested to see this car's driving dynamics and how it'll compete performance wise. Better not have a tape player. When is it supposed to be production ready?

That is the most awful looking POS I have ever seen. :eek: Look at how Ferrari evolved their mid-engine models over time, also what Chevy did with the Corvette and what Porsche did with the 911. Their was significant DNA carryover to newer models. Not with this one. If this truly represents where Acura is going, then I will start looking for something else when I get tired of my 97.

I'm definitely not feeling this car at all. Makes me glad that I bought my 02 off the lease. I had planned on keeping it until the new replacement came out, and moving up, but now wouldn't consider it as a move up, based on what I've seen. Maybe in phase 2 (another 15 years) they'll realize their mistake and bring back mid-engine perfection. This doesn't cut it!!!:eek:

How could they even deface the NSX by putting up a slide of it during the unvailing...

:frown: That's exactly what popped into my mind when I saw that first picture. The successors of Mr. Shigeru Uehara really have taken a wrong turn with the development and future of the NSX. I hope that Honda and Acura execs who may be lurking on this site take into consideration the seriousness of losing us as a returning group of buyers for their next supercar. I for one will not be putting a deposit down on this Frankenstein of a car.

"...Although modern in its appearance, the Advanced Sports Car Concept retains the subtle cues associated with its predecessor, the NSX. The concept’s slim, LED headlights are pushed wide and designed to mimic the pop-up headlights found on the first generation NSX. Other styling hints include a modern take on wraparound rear taillights and the all black cockpit..."

Where did they get the crack that they are smoking? This thing has not one single subtle cue with NSX sitting in my garage. An all black cockpit....Who gives a $hit! That's not going to get me to buy this thing. :mad:

Dear Honda,

Honestly, it's a good looking car. A little tweak here and there aesthectically, give it the performance we're all wanting, and you're good. Make it an affordable version of the 599GTB and I'll consider buying one.

But you've seriously pissed off the NSX community of owners.

When Honda announced that the original NSX was cancelled and that a new NSX was in the works, didn't they say the new car would be just as "groundbreaking and revolutionary" as the original? While the style of this ASC is OK, IMO, I don't see anything groundbreaking.

Did Tim Burton design this car for some future Batman movie?

My dog leaves better looking craps on the lawn than this hideous looking thing. Something has seriously gone wrong at the design studio for Honda/Acura. :mad:

Yea ill be at the show to get you guys pictures and video.

Prediction: The inevitable negative backlash to the ASC will cause Honda to reconsider what they are doing and the timeline for the nsx-successor will be pushed back 3-4 years. Same thing happened when the HSC was poo-pooed in 2003 - primarily for having a 300 hp engine.

Last time, Honda got the design and layout (MR) right, but got the engine wrong. This time, they got the engine right but the design/layout is wrong. So its going to take one more round of concepts to get it right.

Back