• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Official 2014 F1 thread....

It is unfortunate but not really complicated. It is a well known fact that the bottom teams always have a clause in their driver contracts that gives them the option to sit the driver out for a particular race or races. The reason is to keep the window open for more cash for their strapped budgets. This is why Lotterer is driving and whoever was about to "finance" Rossi's drive, did not come thru with the funds. It is really sad that we still don't have a well sponsored F1 driver despite the giant US corporations doing business around the world. US names like DOW, 3M, McD, intel, Microsoft, Coke, Pepsi, Tide who make more money outside the US still use the excuse that F1 is not popular enough in this country. Kudos to 7up who sponsored the whole of the Jordan team back in 1991 but, alas, it did not last long. Funny, i still pick 7up over Sprite when I go the market....

Last edited:
sh@t I forgot to record the race.............pissed.....

I really enjoy last few races what I like is that there is action and fight untill end.
How will be now realtionship Nico-Lewis!Good job for Daniel again, sorry for Fernando every body was faster than F cars on straight.

I think it's a little far fetched to think Rosberg intentionally used his front wing to rupture Hamilton's tire. 9 times out of 10 that move ends up only hurting Rosberg and Hamilton drives away to a victory, if you watch closely, Rosberg makes a steering correction and as his front tires gain grip he moves right and Hamilton moves left and they make contact. I think he was trying to tuck in right behind Lewis and misjudged the distance.

Rosberg is known to be calculating, demure, and more or less mistake free, right? He reminds me of Vettel and it seems, in the commoners eyes, he's started to get hated the same way. He is human, and he will make mistakes. Do I think he did it on purpose? I'm torn on that. I could see him having an emotional moment and it got the best of him. I feel he had more to loose and Hammy had more to gain and according to the press he admitted it (lol) http://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...rg-deliberate-crash-spa-f1-belgian-grand-prix

It's funny though how the crowd so easily hates the non-emotional types. Riakkonen and Vettel come to mind. Though I disliked Vettel because he was a cry baby... interestingly enough I saw some of that in Nico when Hammy wouldn't let him pass in Hungary.

When the crowds boo'd... It reminded me of this. It was funny... Though I thought humans have evolved since the Roman empire.

Gladiator%2Bthumbs%2Bdown.gif

"Though I thought humans have evolved since the Roman empire." Look around, the Ho;y Roman Empire is being put back together. Also, I am not torn on Nico stunt against Lewis. Also, Monaco wasn't a mistake either. Nico knows and so does Mercedes, that Lewis the better driver. After all the mechanical issues Lewis is having, it doesn't surprise me he won't be able to win the drives championship this year. People should be reminded of the Vettel - Webber times.

That's the first time a front wing pops another car's tire in the whole season, all other wing damages have resulted in lost downforce, race position and an extended or unplanned pit stop. It's not like they found a shank attached to the corner of the wing on Nico's car.

That's the first time a front wing pops another car's tire in the whole season, all other wing damages have resulted in lost downforce, race position and an extended or unplanned pit stop. It's not like they found a shank attached to the corner of the wing on Nico's car.
I agree. Without doing the forensics i'd say it's a 1 in 5 occurrence that a tire actually pops. But if he did do it on purpose maybe it can be a sure thing. It's like.. I have a knife. I'll stab you in the arm which won't kill you but if I stab you in the heart you're done.

Whether it was intentional or not is not the issue -- nor will it ever be known -- the bottom line is: it was lap two and it was a team mate. WTF.

^ exactly he had DRS the very next lap so he would have had the lead one lap later if he was quicker

Now THAT'S ^ funny!!

It was a delibrate move by Nico to take Lewis out....look at the Skysports slow mo video on the link below from Nico's car and you can see he actually turn into Lewis's car.

Just like what Shui did in 97 with JV and 96 taking out Hill.

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/f1/9439841/kravitz-on-mercedes-clash

Bram

Have you ever driven a race car? Those constant corrections on the steering wheel are an inevitable part of driving a race car on the limit of adhesion. Yes Rosberg was clumsy in leaving his car there, but I can also understand he was trying to let Hamilton know he was there! Stupid clumsy yes, deserving of a penalty I would have thought [and if it had've been another teams car, I'm sure the stewards would have acted on a protest] but in the end just a racing incident - nothing more.

Thats funny Shawn. I have to remember that one.

constant steering correction perhaps when the movements are small but the action Rosberg did was a turn. these guys have mad driving skills so being clumsy won't take them that far to F1.

Back