• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Official 2014 F1 thread....

Daniel is future championship title holder for sure. Just need to make sure to stick with fast and reliable team

I'm more of a driver fan ....Hamo, Button, and Alonso....I still like the Mercedes team because it is remnants of the bar team....I also like the Williams story. Also the journey that Massa has taken esp coming back from what could have been a career ending injury for some..

I haven't rooted for McLaren since they got rid of Checo, and especially now that they are likely getting rid of Button. I still root for Button though, and if Alonso goes there, I'll root for him too. Honda is back next year, so I'll root for them too, but McLaren, eh, I'm not so happy with them at the moment. I hope Honda can find its way into another strong team for 2016.

As you can tell, I'm more of a driver fan as well. Vettel I dislike and I'm so happy he's been at the humble pie all you can eat buffet this year.

Williams I do like, guess that will be the team I'll be rooting for, and Bottas has certainly impressed this year. I think I would much rather see the return of Williams Honda, but McLaren Honda with Alonso and Button I would take as well.

I just miss seeing Mark W. on the grid. Always happy to see Iceman too. Button is all time favorite especially since Hungary 08 i think. Curious to see how this year's title will play out for Hamilton

Yeah, I have to agree with you on all points...Lewis just have to wait until the next race in two weeks time, them WDC 2014.
Some really good scraps behind the leading Merc's.

Bram

Race of the day goes to Massa and Button IMO. Glad to see Nico stay upfront and not make any huge mistakes. Man were they cooking those tires. Lots of blistering.

Jenson just proved again that it's a mistake if he gets let go by McLaren.

Autosport are reporting Alonso wants Button as his team mate to help speed up car/engine development. I reckon McLaren would be crazy not to do it this way. Sad for the youngster, but he will just have to bide his time.

Autosport are reporting Alonso wants Button as his team mate to help speed up car/engine development. I reckon McLaren would be crazy not to do it this way. Sad for the youngster, but he will just have to bide his time.

I read that too. Says a lot about Button coming from Alonso, and he has a point.

ZgsOllg.jpg

Last edited:
Ferrari confirmed what we pretty much already knew. Fernando Alonso leaves the Scuderia at the end of the season to make way for Vettel.

Now we just need confirmation that Alonso is going to McLaren Honda if he's indeed going there, AND who will be his partner. Hopefully it will be Button.

............If the merc boys take each other out Hamo wins!!!yeah.....Go JB.....

Well we've reached the end of the road. Let's hope next years cars will look and sound better, and may Ferarri win again!

That being said, Bianchi is out of his medically induced coma, but still limited consciousness. That needless accident has made the season disappointing.

Miner

............If the merc boys take each other out Hamo wins!!!yeah.....Go JB.....
Senna vs Prost all over again. I hope Rosberg understands it well. Lewis already made couple of remarks about how he tries to learn from Senna in psychological strategy. Super excited to see the race!

Well we've reached the end of the road. Let's hope next years cars will look and sound better, and may Ferarri win again!

That being said, Bianchi is out of his medically induced coma, but still limited consciousness. That needless accident has made the season disappointing.

Miner

Indeed I hope the 2015 cars will look and sound better but I dunno with the regs in place. Been following this sport since the 80's and not having "the roar," really makes it a notch above GP2 IMHO. As much as I'd like to see the Prancing Horse win, I don't think we'll see a Ferrari win for another 2-3 years. Vettel is going to a Ferrari team in utter shambles. (FIAT take over, Domenicalli and Montezemolo sacking, lack of F1 mgmt experience at the top, day and age of limited testing..etc etc.) I've read where those think he will do what Schumacher did, not a chance. Alonso developed the car in one direction, now you have another driver in Vettel taking them yet in another. It always takes time. But with so much other junk going at Maranello, (the relocation of Ferrari out of Maranello) I don't see it happening soon. I'm predicting he'll retire from Ferrari without one win.

Last edited:
The MP4-29H with the Honda power unit already sounds better than the current crop of engines that are being run this year.

Interesting comments by Christian Horner of what he thinks the engines should be, Twin Turbo V6 will take care of the lack of noise complaints using similar architecture of the new engines and the old KERS system which is way cheaper to run and maintain than the new power units.

Not sure how Mr.Horner thinks that by going to a twin turbo v6 will be cheaper....they still have to spend vast sums of monies on redesign, software development, dyno testing and system integration.
I guess this is Red Bull way of getting around the engine freeze.
I still think that Honda will have a winning power unit next year, simply because they had a year to develop their engine.

Back