• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Official 2015 F1 thread

Poor Lewis, what was that for?
Without Max it will be boring race.
Guys from McH have lack of power but also lack of aerodinamics.
Good job for Jenson.

I'm talking about the 1950-1960 f1 seasons included the 500 as one round of the championship. The teams didn't come over from Europe, but it was part of the championship.

It would be more accurate to say the European teams did not always come over to race. The F1 cars were never going to be competitive with the different rule books that were in play, so it was a moot point trying to compete. But Jack Brabham did compete in 1961 in a Cooper Coventry Climax, which foreshadowed the move to rear engined cars. Of course in 1963 Chapman showed up with a modified F1 Lotus, running a Ford V8 and should have won, with the incomparable Jim Clark at the wheel. But that's another story...... :wink:

Total hose job by Merc. Worse than Ferrari at strategy.
Other than Sandro and I, is anybody watching F1 racing anymore?

Yes, every qualifying and race. But while I still watch fairly passionately, for me, it's not the same as the V10 and V8 era. I attended Indy in 2000, Montreal in 2003, and the inaugural US GP at COTA in Austin, and there was absolutely nothing like the sound of those V10's and V8's in person. I even got all starry-eyed at Homestead a few years ago when a V8 Ferrari Cliente was at the winter Ferrari meet a few years ago. Even one basting around by itself was totally impressive.

Now, I am enjoying Indy Cars (on the road courses only, though) about as much as the ERS V6/heat energy recovery/kinetic energy recovery F1 era. And I think the Tudor Sports Car series also has stepped up a notch, both because of the product and the fact that F1 has come down. I've attended the Rolex for the last five years or so, and prior to that either Daytona or Sebring for years, missing only a few years.

I still watch F1, but I can see my interest starting to wane.

The problem with the Tudor Sports Car series is that it's equalized. That takes away from caring as much as I otherwise might. I do watch F1 and IndyCar. Went to the Indy 500 this year for the first time and it was actually quite fun and an interesting race. I have a family connection to IndyCar so that makes it a lot more interesting.

Been watching since 1967. I dont think I missed a many. In the 80's and 90's i watched some from the pits, many from the stands but mostly on TV. There were many periods when it was almost cool to claim a loss of interest in F1 but somehow it always comes back as the pinacle of racing. Nothing comes close to the technology and the awsome atmosphere of a live race.

Yep, religiously, qualifying and race [it would put me out of the "good book" if I were to watch all of the practice sessions!]. I'll have to defer to the recorder for the American continent races [I live in Australia and I'm getting too old to be able to sustain the lack of sleep].

While I'm disappointed by McLaren Honda's pace, and Red Bull's Renault dramas, I'm generally enjoying the racing. Don't mind Mercedes domination, it is well deserved, and it will end in time. But then I've been following F1 since the 1960s, know the Ricciardo family personally, so you could say I'm addicted!! :D

I've actually been pleasantly surprised by McHonda's pace lately. Of course, Monaco hides a lack of power so we'll see just how much hp and how good the aero is in Canada.

Been watching since 1967. I dont think I missed a many. In the 80's and 90's i watched some from the pits, many from the stands but mostly on TV. There were many periods when it was almost cool to claim a loss of interest in F1 but somehow it always comes back as the pinacle of racing. Nothing comes close to the technology and the awsome atmosphere of a live race.

Yeah F1 racing and technological advances will always keep me interested.

Bram

Merc's call for tires on Lewis' car was perhaps the stupidest call ever in F1.

kinda silly to sign the guy to 50 mil a year and make him come in third.At Monaco :rolleyes:

Hmmmm.
Maybe Lewis shouldn't be so upset?
(It was still the stupidest decision ever!)

Last edited:

Rarely miss a race. Qualifying is often more exciting than the race itself. Always record both if not able to see them live.

It was a stupid call Indeed.....but the Engineer is the one that Have all the info....he should have known where the other cars were relative to Lewis, he should also know that race cannot be restarted untill the crash barriers were repaired.

Bram

Tokens being used by Ferrari and Honda, wonder if we see them this weekend or just for Austria

I believe that Honda is bring their upgrade engine to Montreal....not sure about Ferrari. The Teams Know Montreal is a Power circuit, that is why the Merc driver's are also getting New engines for this weekend.

Can't wait to see Friday practice, the weather is forecasted to be perfect for racing....can't wait.

Bram

I believe that Honda is bring their upgrade engine to Montreal....not sure about Ferrari. The Teams Know Montreal is a Power circuit, that is why the Merc driver's are also getting New engines for this weekend.

Can't wait to see Friday practice, the weather is forecasted to be perfect for racing....can't wait.

Bram

When you say perfectnfor racing, do you mean rain? Light rain is always the best condition for racing!

Miner

Well, that was every bit of awful. What a horrible race for McHonda. I don't blame the drivers one bit for being hacked at the lack of forward progress either.

But, IMHO, they still have the best livery.

Back