• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Official 2017 F1 thread

Getting new updates for birthday...
7deb34477b1e82fe1737d6bc7cbd5824.jpg

yes ala death race 2000:wink:

So apparently all it takes is an apology now a days to avoid a fine for playing bumper boats..... I mean cars....

Great race for Bottas today....even a better start. Not 100% sure what the rules are for F1 starts but his wheels were definitely moving (ever so slightly) before the lights went out. Vettel and Ricciardo both seemed confident Bottas jumped the start. I wonder if Ferrari will protest. Not like they have anything to lose if they do. Verstappen's bad luck continues.

SkyF1 said it best " great beginning and ending, mediocre middle".

Its unfortunate to see Max and Alfonso DNF bc of Dummy.

Verstappen's race was already over, apparently he had a clutch issue which caused his fluffed start, and meant he wouldn't have finished the race anyway.

Bottas' start was OK, because his movement forward [the creep before the red lights went out] was inside the FIA's parameters, and his reaction time on the lights going out was greater than 0.2 seconds [it was 0.201 I think]. Lucky man on both counts, but luck has always played a part in racing.

Does anyone else agree with me here?

I love how all the Stroll haters were all out full force at the beginning of the season seeing how he couldn't finish a race, whether it was crash out (Not his fault) or mechanical failure. But Max has completed less laps this year then the Safety car and everyone just calls it "Bad Luck".

Good on Willaims for moving up the 7 spots each on the first lap. To bad the blue flag prevented them moving up further.

I'm pleased for the young Stroll as well, it wouldn't have been easy for him on many levels! Envy is a terrible thing, but he's now showing he deserves to be in F1 on ability alone [even allowing for the huge "leg up" he received].

Verstappen is enjoying the flip side of the luck he's had in the first 12 months with Red Bull! For all the times he pushed too hard, too close to the edge [and over it many a time] while getting away with it, he's now finding out luck has a strange way of evening out, most of the time.

Still can't work out how he didn't get a puncture in his first corner brush with Vettel at this year's Canada GP! Or the times he's sailed into the first corner and somehow makes it stick, even metres off the black stuff like at the German GP 2016. But it will come around again, just hope he tempers his style a little bit before he has the "big one".

How did you never not like Max? Kid can wheel!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I liked him before but now a bit more. Things he did last year moving few times under braking was fun to watch but unfair to others around him. I like fair game. Hard but fair.

Back