• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Official 2017 F1 thread

Looks like Giovinazzi will be getting another F1 drive this weekend for Sauber at the Chinese GP.

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12...-at-chinese-gp-with-pascal-wehrlein-ruled-out

Should be interesting to see how well he does against Ericsson this time around with the same amount of seat time in FP1-FP3.

Wish that McLaren would have a better engine so that Stoffel's skills could be compared head to head against Alonso.

DVR boys!

looking like a good season ahead of us...

That's what I did. I arise around 5:30-6 every day, although I did stay up for the Australia race.
I've been getting up early / staying up late to watch live for around 30 years now. Something's wrong watching on tape. I didn't wake up early in 94 for Imola, missed Sienna's wreck, heard he had been seriously injured. Of course it wasn't common knowledge his accident was fatal and as I remember his passing wasn't announced until several hours later.

I used to work with a guy who was a fan since the 50's and back then results took weeks to get!

How times have changed.

does he really need to do this at this point in his career?

Are we getting a late April Fool's Joke from McLaren?

i was pretty skeptical at first, but after further reading, it now seems like a very cool opportunity for him. to achieve the triple crown as it was called, and which has only been done once before, why not? the poor lad hasn't had much else good with his racing career for a while...

i was pretty skeptical at first, but after further reading, it now seems like a very cool opportunity for him. to achieve the triple crown as it was called, and which has only been done once before, why not? the poor lad hasn't had much else good with his racing career for a while...

Yep same here, had a chance to read further as well and came to a similar conclusion :eek:nthego:

https://www.motorsport.com/indycar/...idea-was-originally-a-joke-says-brown-893019/
http://www.racer.com/indycar/item/139540-the-key-to-alonso-s-indy-deal-stefan-wilson

Based on what I read, 8 days of testing prior to the race sounds like a good way for Alonso to recalibrate his brain. But having to do that many laps just turning left and under perhaps frequent w2w conditions would surely place him under a different type of stress that he might not be used to.

At least he is not going 100% blind since he has done 1/2 ~ 1/3 of Indianapolis Speedway already back when the USGP used to be held there.

Haven't kept up with IndyCar for years, but perhaps I'll follow the Indy500 race this year for a change :D.

Wonder who is going to sub Alonso at Monaco...

Last edited:
Maybe they'll convince Jenson to come back for a glamorous weekend ! Really very sad for McL. Alonso either had a funky and secret clause in his contract that would open the exit door (and he threatened to use it) or McL are pretty convinced the car has no chance of being competitive this year. I don't see them letting him skip the most notable F1 weekend for any other reason.

and when i booked my trip for Monaco again this year, i was really hoping McLaren Honda and Alonso were gonna be on the pace for a change. no one i want to see win it more than him in that car.

looks like i'll be cheering for Vettel or Ricciardo again...

Just finished watching China GP. Alonso is faster in the corners. Interesting race with midpack fights. Sorry for Iceman.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Wow, something that we can agree on.:peaceful:

Back